Homebrew 160-2217 SD card Powering issue?

Petalmeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so jist is I'm having trouble using and external SD as storage. anytime I launch a game loaded on the SD card in the back port i get ERROR 160-2217.
I'm told this is a power issue so i get one of these
(ANRANK USB 3.0 Female to Dual USB Male Extra Power Data Extension Cord Adapter Splitter Y-Cable Black)
assuming this would fix the issue and sadly it does nothing.
I've looked else where and even gone on WiiUHomebrew discord with no help what so ever.
I'm at my wits and have no other options other then just giving up,

Petalmeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple answer.... Get a hard drive.

Plenty of info out there regarding the use of flash media not being recommended.
I didnt want to hear this but i just gotta accept i wasted money. Thanks anyway. Off to buy a hard drive as my wallet cries
Post automatically merged:

Wait. You're using Y cable with usb sd card adapter?
I read some forums of people saying it was a power issue and the wii u didnt supply enough. so i got the in the hope it would work. It didnt sadly and no one in the discord I went to get help on would even talk to me

This is my first time into doing anything modding related with a physical console.

Petalmeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power issue is for the HDD or SSD. Anyway both 500gb 2.5" HDD or SDD are ridiculously cheap on Amazon. Rather than buying an enclosure just pick up sata to usb y cable for the connection too.
Power issue with SSD i assumed. And yeah it is but its more about the fact i already bought a 512 Sandisk sd that i now have no use for:creep:

starting to realize only ssd and hard drive took power. I dont have either at the moment

Last edited by Petalmeat,

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dont i have to use the front sd to Boot into aroma?
Yes. However if that 512gb Sandisk is a normal SD and not micro SD, you can just copy the contents of the old sd (unless this is also 512gb) to it. And use it at the front sd slot, then you can use it for emulator roms, isos whatever as long as it not Wii U games.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto