Question Username change (do you guys do it?)

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Looking to get a username change. I've had this account collecting dust in the GBATemp databases for a while, and I don't really use this alias anymore. If possible, could I get a username change to TheReturningVoid?

Thanks in advance!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why is message count relevant for changing username? Jeez I should've asked to change my username before I started posting actively again .. :rolleyes:
It's not exactly relevant. It's more like a guideline. If you have a lot of posts, being a really active and well known user, and then suddenly change your username - a lot of people would be confused.
Joined 2008, 610 posts... that's not a lot of posts in my opinion (and I don't recall seeing Finnish flag that often, so I think you're good).

Reactions: Distrance
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'mma jump on this boat. If possible, I'd like to have me username changed too. The one I have now is a really old one that I don't use anymore.
I've just recently became active again, so I don't think most people would even know. Plus, I don't think I'm gonna change this avatar for a long while...

Unless I find someone cooler than Big Band. Which isn't possible.
Still, if it ain't possible, I don't care much.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed really only three cases that mods will do a name change. If it's a minor change where people can still identify you, if your not that we'll known and no one will notice, or if you're such a fuck up that changing your identity is the only way you'll get another chance in the community (but usually we notice those and rip on you for it). I have seen a couple exceptions, but usually it's people that are tight with staff.

Reactions: Lightyose

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's not exactly relevant. It's more like a guideline. If you have a lot of posts, being a really active and well known user, and then suddenly change your username - a lot of people would be confused.
Joined 2008, 610 posts... that's not a lot of posts in my opinion (and I don't recall seeing Finnish flag that often, so I think you're good).

If only it were so, apparently only people with less than 200 posts are allowed to change username now .. So what, I need to make a new account just to be able to use the desired username? In my case the username I wanted isn't even much different from my current one and would definitely not cause any confusion but nope, can't do it .. @Imacaredformy2ds As such you too won't be able to change your username cuz you have 380 posts ..

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If only it were so, apparently only people with less than 200 posts are allowed to change username now .. So what, I need to make a new account just to be able to use the desired username? In my case the username I wanted isn't even much different from my current one and would definitely not cause any confusion but nope, can't do it .. @Imacaredformy2ds As such you too won't be able to change your username cuz you have 380 posts ..
pretty sure that will get you banned, ip's are logged

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was known as pinky for a time, but I think I've retired that name. I have no interest in changing my username at this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.