usercheatup DLDI?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by laserjock, Dec 8, 2012.

Dec 8, 2012

usercheatup DLDI? by laserjock at 11:51 PM (673 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. laserjock
    OP

Newcomer laserjock Member

United States
    I want to enable cheat capability on my brand new DSi and DSTWO cart. I tried installing usercheatup, but it says I need a DLDI file. What is this and where do I find it? Also, how do I start cheats when in a game?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DSTwo has cheat support for ROMs natively. You put the usercheat.dat file into the DSTwo's EoS installation folder (replacing the one that's there if there is one), then when you go to a ROM's properties there will be a cheats option.
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/290190-the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide/

If you;re talking about applying cheats to retail carts, you can't do that on the DSi or 3DS for technical reasons, it only works on the original DS and the Lite, using NitroHax.

3. laserjock
    OP

United States
    I am still confused. When I click on the usrcheatup icon in the DSTWO homepage, it gives an error that wifi must be setup. I have the device set up with my home router/network in the native OS settings.

Are you saying that the configuration option in a given game should show a cheat option? I don't see one in the games so far.

Sorry, I'm not a gamer so please bear with me. Thank you for replying!!!

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I'm saying ignore usercheatup and just put the database on the MicroSD yourself.

Once the database is on the MicroSD, you go to a game's properties when looking at games in the DSTwo (X button). There's a cheat option there.

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    Don't use usrcheatup, just download usrcheat.dat, rename it to "usrcheat.dat", and place it in the _dstwo folder. Cheats will appear in the cheat menu on DS_GAME and in the real time menu automatically.

6. laserjock
    OP

United States
    Eureka, use the X Button for properties! I did not know anything about that!!! How would I have found about about that action? Is there a tutorial with info on such as this? Thank you very much!

7. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    It's stickied:
    The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide
    Edit: the GBAtemp Cheats Forum is still down, just use the link I gave you for the latest version that I'm aware of that's still accessible

8. laserjock
    OP

United States

Thank you so much. I still don't see where that information is, I see the one paragraph there though. This stuff is so freaking cool. When I was a kid my idea of computers and gaming was a cheap plastic mechnical push pull computer/calculator. Even calculators weren't available. I'm in my 50s, so please forgive my lack of gaming intelligence. The last gaming system I ever had was a TI 994A and my home built computers. I've never owned a handheld or console, and I am not too good at playing these games, but I really enjoy watching all my nephews and playing along with them.

The thing I used to enjoy was writing games in TI BASIC...

9. Aeter

Member Aeter A walking contradiction

Netherlands
    For the latest usrcheat.dat file you can use the DS Scene Rom Tool for the most recent cheat database.
    You can find the tool here: http://files-ds-scene.net/romtool/