Hacking Used R4 Revolution DS (SDHC) Stuck On Loading Screen

sk8mystery23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an R4 Revolution from a locale used games store used for 10 bucks. I was pretty excited I went to the R4DS site and downloaded the kernel and put it on a micro SD card. When i turn on my DS it skips the nintendo screen and goes to another screen that says Loading... i know this is the loading screen for the R4. But it stays on that screen. Doesnt do anything at all. I'm really new to DS "hacking?" and don't really know much about this. It could be a really simple issue. Or it could be I just blew 10 dollars on a faulty card. So if anyone has any ideas it would help.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

-sk8mystery23

sk8mystery23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my... i am really sorry i did not notice the forum for just R4 cards.. i would really appreciate it if a mod would delete this thread.. sorry again

sk8mystery23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually did try that... and it still just sits on the loading screen lol... i believe i have a clone and i need the correct kernal? to make it load and i honestly have no idea witch one i need

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
sk8mystery23 said:
i actually did try that... and it still just sits on the loading screen lol... i believe i have a clone and i need the correct kernal? to make it load and i honestly have no idea witch one i need
YSMenu should have worked, did you follow the instructions correctly? If not then try formatting your microSD with the panasonic formatter.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I had t sort a mate out who had the same problem - the real fimware won't work on a fake card like yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-