Used R4 Revolution DS (SDHC) Stuck On Loading Screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sk8mystery23, Jul 30, 2009.

1. sk8mystery23
    OP

Member sk8mystery23 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought an R4 Revolution from a locale used games store used for 10 bucks. I was pretty excited I went to the R4DS site and downloaded the kernel and put it on a micro SD card. When i turn on my DS it skips the nintendo screen and goes to another screen that says Loading... i know this is the loading screen for the R4. But it stays on that screen. Doesnt do anything at all. I'm really new to DS "hacking?" and don't really know much about this. It could be a really simple issue. Or it could be I just blew 10 dollars on a faulty card. So if anyone has any ideas it would help.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

-sk8mystery23

2. sk8mystery23
    OP

United States
    oh my... i am really sorry i did not notice the forum for just R4 cards.. i would really appreciate it if a mod would delete this thread.. sorry again

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Wait dude, just use YSMenu for your cart and it will be fine.

4. sk8mystery23
    OP

United States
    i actually did try that... and it still just sits on the loading screen lol... i believe i have a clone and i need the correct kernal? to make it load and i honestly have no idea witch one i need

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    YSMenu should have worked, did you follow the instructions correctly? If not then try formatting your microSD with the panasonic formatter.

6. sk8mystery23
    OP

United States
    turns out my card is a clone so i needed some crazy files and stuff but someone else helped me

7. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah I had t sort a mate out who had the same problem - the real fimware won't work on a fake card like yours.