Hacking Use of otp

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since a9lh needed otp and b9s has been released and does not need otp what is the point of it?what can we do with it?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Still has uses for advanced users/devs as it can be used with another key (residing in boot9, which b9s also dumps) to decrypt/encrypt content for your system outside the 3ds.

It has no useful application as luma bypasses signchecks and freeshop just eases the cia installation process so much it doesn't matter anymore.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Still has uses for advanced users/devs as it can be used with another key (residing in boot9, which b9s also dumps) to decrypt/encrypt content for your system outside the 3ds.

It has no useful application as luma bypasses signchecks and freeshop just eases the cia installation process so much it doesn't matter anymore.

There is still one question that I've not seen answered anywhere... With a Bootrom dump, OTP, and the nand's CID, can we generate the nand's xorpads offline yet?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
There is still one question that I've not seen answered anywhere... With a Bootrom dump, OTP, and the nand's CID, can we generate the nand's xorpads offline yet?

Afaik, if you have those numbers you are not required to do a xorpad attack to decrypt. As you know the secret key from N inside the bootrom and the nand's CID you actually can decrypt just as easy as the system does it (legitly).

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Afaik, if you have those numbers you are not required to do a xorpad attack to decrypt. As you know the secret key from N inside the bootrom and the nand's CID you actually can decrypt just as easy as the system does it (legitly).

Thanks for confirming that this *should* then work, Urbanshadow. Do you happen to know if a detailed description of how it's done is written up anywhere? (code not required, just explanation of which bits matter and how they are used)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for confirming that this *should* then work, Urbanshadow. Do you happen to know if a detailed description of how it's done is written up anywhere? (code not required, just explanation of which bits matter and how they are used)
I can PM you about it tomorrow. Actually working on something atm based on SciresM's CTRAesEngine.

Reactions: Selver

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you keep a copy of your otp.bin on your PC, theoretically, if you were to get another 3ds, you could use it to decrypt your nand backup and install it on to another 3ds without requiring the first one.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you keep a copy of your otp.bin on your PC, theoretically, if you were to get another 3ds, you could use it to decrypt your nand backup and install it on to another 3ds without requiring the first one.
that's pretty cool. But since i'm getting a new 2ds xl and it's on 11.4 and needs a second hacked 3ds that's how i will get cfw and transfer everything

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1