I just replace motherboard of new 3DS XL and now I can't boot into cfw.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If I insert the sd card in, it instantly shut down upon turn on. If I remove it, it go normally into sys firmware with nothing in it. If I hold select while turn on, Luma 9.1 menu show up, say it booted from ctrnand via b9s.

So what do I need to put on SD card now for it to run?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As per https://3ds.hacks.guide/checking-for-cfw, if it is booting Luma 9.1, then it should be able to use the latest boot.firm.

If I insert the sd card in, it instantly shut down upon turn on.
So that suggests the SD card isn't being read properly. Standard procedure: connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. It is useless to try anything else without doing this first.

So what do I need to put on SD card now for it to run?
Don't you think it would be useful to say something about what's already on the SD card?

Of course, if you've changed the motherboard, then you've also got a different NAND and all the encrypted data in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder is going to be unreadable, but that's a problem for later.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
As per https://3ds.hacks.guide/checking-for-cfw, if it is booting Luma 9.1, then it should be able to use the latest boot.firm.

So that suggests the SD card isn't being read properly. Standard procedure: connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. It is useless to try anything else without doing this first.

Don't you think it would be useful to say something about what's already on the SD card?

Of course, if you've changed the motherboard, then you've also got a different NAND and all the encrypted data in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder is going to be unreadable, but that's a problem for later.
Well, I kinda just format everything on the sd card and just copy latest Luma file on it so that is everything on the SD card right now. Could old sd card slot is the problem?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I kinda just format everything on the sd card and just copy latest Luma file on it so that is everything on the SD card right now. Could old sd card slot is the problem?
Make sure it was FAT32 that you formatted it to, or the card wont get read at all.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup