Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

Transfomer425

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this. Can you tell me what I need to unstall CIOS 247, CIOS 249 and DVDx?
Thanks

Lins said:
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:
BIG MOE said:
ClaKK said:
Thanks again for your work ppc!!!!

djtaz, with this file your configuration should work, installing this instead of the wiigator_cios247...I have to go to work now so I'll test it tonight...

it is still not gonna work til you direct the loader to use ios247 .

I have both loaders on my system and i uninstalled ios249 - my loader 1 still works and my loader 3 stops working.I re-install 249 and both work again.

Now in my opinion , since i DONT have 249 on my system and DVDx is installed on ios247 and the loader still works , the loader is directed to 247 by selecting ios247 when installing DVDx otherwise i dont see how it would work on a fresh wii that didnt have any other IOS than 247 installed.

If you have a theory on how it works with only ios247 installed please let me know.
I think you are correct , I have to check it out in a little bet and I'll post the results , however if anyone wanna try it just install cios_fix247 and install DVDx with advance ios247 and run Wiigator0.1 without installing any cios249 yet and see if it works , when I'm done I'll post it here
yaypsp.gif
thanks djtaz for noticing .

It work
smile.gif

I've tryed to :

- Uninstall Cios 249
- Uninstall Cios 247
- Uninstall DVDx
- Checked with Anytitle
- Install Cios_Fix_247
- Install DVDx to point to 247 Cios

And it worked with Backup Launcher 0.1, i've tried with Family Sky and worked very well.
The strange thing is that any Backup Launcher 0.1 (247 or 249 version) work

I've tryed a 1:1 Game (RE UC) and it didn't work with Backup Launcher 0.3 for 249 (obviously because ther's not Cios 249)

Then ...

- I installed Cios 249 Read Retry

And with Backup Launcher 0.3 (bugfix relase for 249) RE UC worked very well

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
cobol said:
Well, you can uninstall the cIOS247 and 249 using AnyTitleDeleter and to remove dvdx use the dvdxinstaller and select Uninstall.

this is correct and actually djtaz is correct too along with lins , actually wiigator or waninkoko 's first loader v0.1 works with any cios you install DVDx on as an advanced installation , and that's why it worked with djtaz with out directing it to cios247 , cool stuff
yaypsp.gif

Lins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BIG MOE said:
this is correct and actually djtaz is correct too along with lins , actually wiigator or waninkoko 's first loader v0.1 works with any cios you install DVDx on as an advanced installation , and that's why it worked with djtaz with out directing it to cios247 , cool stuff
yaypsp.gif

This is what i was thinking.
thanks for the confirm
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No i can't. I don't have to source for this. Somewhere else i asked ppc_gba to do this but nothing happened, maybe he did not read it. This is the version i would prefer too.

Updated the first post

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ppc_gba is usually pretty good at doing these things for people but i think he is a little swamped at the moment so he will get it done eventually but give him some time to get around to it.

Im just glad i wasnt going mad with my theory of how things worked on this
biggrin.gif

abel09

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone put the nessessary download links for the backup loader v1 on 247 ? and if its possible the channel wad to? tanx

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
abel09 said:
can someone put the nessessary download links for the backup loader v1 on 247 ? and if its possible the channel wad to? tanx

Look at the first post of this thread. The 2 .zips contain ios247, ios248 and ios249 versions for both the 0.1 and the 0.3b Wiigator loader with the entryholder fix by requiem4d. Source is included.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
muck chucker said:
dont suppose anyones got the 247 in a channel they can upload?

check out my sig for downloading 247/249 channel wads (dvdx on 249) , these use the files that are in the first post as of 7th Nov

247 launcher

WiGator 0.3b entryholder fix

249 launcher

WiiGator 0.1 NiceColorEdtion mod by WiiPower*
*inculdes entryholder fix and default setting the hooktype to GC

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
CasperH said:
You have pictures?
smile.gif

pictures?

its just the two existing channels modded to use the new dols from the first post? all they do is save you from going into the homebrew channel first, oh and the benefit of being able to remove the sd card to stop little children from doing something they shouldnt, which with having two kids myself is my reason

hemen_kap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi djtaz,

I am also trying to do the same as what you are doing

Cios247 >> DVDx >> wiigator v0.1
Cios249 >> wiigator v0.3

This is how my wii was originally.

1. Installed CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad when went to IOS249
2. Installed DVDX in advanced mode on IOS249 (installed above)
3. Used Wiigators dol for 0.1 and was playing games fine...

Then 0.3 came out.

1. It had a requirement of installing a Cios from a dol file. Which I believe also went on IOS249, owerwriting the earlier one. This broke some working games in 0.1 (I assume, I never faced the issue with games i have). This CIOS installer was the one from WiiGator where he mentioned that you need not uninstall dvdx and already installed CIOS249 (unless you have errors). I did not have any errors so i did not uninstall anything.
2. Ok so I installed the above mentioned Cios and then used the WiiGator Backup launcer 0.3 dol to run the launcher and games do run fast. And I am happy.

Now I wanted to get the same setup as djtaz, reason I liked the idea of seperating them.

Cios247 >> DVDx >> wiigator v0.1
Cios249 >> wiigator v0.3

So now I downloaded the Zip file from your signature and decided to do a clean install.

1. Uninstalled Dvdx.
2. Uninstalled IOS249 using CIOS Uninstaller 1.1
3. Checked the system with Any title Deleter and it seemed clean.
4. Now first I wanted to install Cios247. For thst i used the CIOS247 installer DOL in your zip. I did not have the 0000..1 folder in my SD card then. So it tried to get some files from the net. It failed with error # -26 (dont know what that ment)
5. so I put the 0000...1 folder on the SD card and tried to install Cios247. This time it did not search for the files on the net and installed without errors.
6. I verified that Cios247 was installed using Any title deleter.
7. Then I installed DVDx on Cios247 installed above.
8. Executed the Backup launcer 0.1 (for 247 i assume) and it came up.
9. Selected Launch Gam and then ...IT JUST HANGS THERE. I waited for about 15 minutes and nothing. So restarted my wii.

Is there are way by which we can modify the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad to install as IOS247?

If that is possible then i think I can pull this off.

(Note: I do not like installing channels for the backup launchers. i prefer to execute them from HBC. I think it is a more cleaner approach)

-Hemen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land