Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i didn't test it first, so I didn't realize that since it wasn't trucha signed, the wii wouldn't install it.
here's a new one that does work 4 sure. could be helpful if it was possible to run waninkoko's launcher on 247 as well...

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ppc_gba said:
ok, i didn't test it first, so I didn't realize that since it wasn't trucha signed, the wii wouldn't install it.
here's a new one that does work 4 sure. could be helpful if it was possible to run waninkoko's launcher on 247 as well...
word. thx a lot!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks ppc_gba - again great work and much appreciated - and thanks for filling me in on this activity screemer - you guys are great.
I had a mad day yesterday so ill test this later today and get it into the zips (with thanks of course) all things going well.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ppc_gba said:

thanks for all the hard work , but now we need waninkoko loader and wiigator loader 0.1 directed to ios247 please
yaypsp.gif

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks again for your work ppc!!!!

djtaz, with this file your configuration should work, installing this instead of the wiigator_cios247...I have to go to work now so I'll test it tonight...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ClaKK said:

djtaz, with this file your configuration should work, installing this instead of the wiigator_cios247...I have to go to work now so I'll test it tonight...

it is still not gonna work til you direct the loader to use ios247 .

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
ClaKK said:

I have both loaders on my system and i uninstalled ios249 - my loader 1 still works and my loader 3 stops working.I re-install 249 and both work again.

Now in my opinion , since i DONT have 249 on my system and DVDx is installed on ios247 and the loader still works , the loader is directed to 247 by selecting ios247 when installing DVDx otherwise i dont see how it would work on a fresh wii that didnt have any other IOS than 247 installed.

If you have a theory on how it works with only ios247 installed please let me know.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It can't work with only ios247 installed...as it can be only one ios, the old one (i think v3) or the new one (v5 or v6)...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know i repeat myself, but:

Everybody interested in using a 0.1 loader and a 0.3b loader at the same time should long for a Wiigator 0.1 hooktype & entryholder fix version. I'm 98% sure, this will be superior to Waninkoko's loader in every detail. (Nothing against Waninkoko's loader, but it has some serious NTSC issues)

PS:
I would release such a version myself, but i have trouble compiling the 0.1 loader, i get these 2 errors:
/devkit/backuplauncher01/source/stubload.c:128: undefined reference to `ES_LaunchTitleBackground'
/devkit/backuplauncher01/source/stubload.c:152: undefined reference to `__IPC_Reinitialize'

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ClaKK said:
It can't work with only ios247 installed...as it can be only one ios, the old one (i think v3) or the new one (v5 or v6)...

What im saying is - my v0.1 loader works with cIOS 247 ONLY installed so by pointing DVDx to ios247 you are basically pointing the V0.1 loader to use ios247.

I know Wiipowers system works great and as far as im aware it plays more games that way , but i dont want to mess about too much with the files in production now - id prefer to change the older files instead and get both loaders working that way.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I know i repeat myself, but:

Everybody interested in using a 0.1 loader and a 0.3b loader at the same time should long for a Wiigator 0.1 hooktype & entryholder fix version. I'm 98% sure, this will be superior to Waninkoko's loader in every detail. (Nothing against Waninkoko's loader, but it has some serious NTSC issues)

PS:
I would release such a version myself, but i have trouble compiling the 0.1 loader, i get these 2 errors:
/devkit/backuplauncher01/source/stubload.c:128: undefined reference to `ES_LaunchTitleBackground'
/devkit/backuplauncher01/source/stubload.c:152: undefined reference to `__IPC_Reinitialize'

You need to get the latest libogc from HackMii - if you have GIT installed use this command to get the lib:
git clone git://hackmii.com/home/ogcgit/libogc

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Me too...yesterday, I had to mess up the whole config just to try the fixed loader by requiem...

I hope it is as you're saying, just test it to load a 1:1 backup and hope it doesn't load it
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@fishears

After writing my post earlier, i decided to update my libogc. Guess which page i found.

After downloading, copying to the devkitpro folder, making, copying the content of gc to include, i got the next problem:

linking ... backuplauncher.elf
[...] ../powerpc-gekko/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lfat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [.../backuplauncher01/backuplauncher.elf] Error 1

*update* I get this error now with several wii programs, but not all
*issue solved* libfat.a was missing in libogc/lib/wii

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@fishears

After writing my post earlier, i decided to update my libogc. Guess which page i found.

After downloading, copying to the devkitpro folder, making, copying the content of gc to include, i got the next problem:

linking ... backuplauncher.elf
[...] ../powerpc-gekko/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lfat
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [.../backuplauncher01/backuplauncher.elf] Error 1

*update* I get this error now with several wii programs, but not all
*issue solved* libfat.a was missing in libogc/lib/wii

Got there in the the end
wink2.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiGator 0.1 with entryholder fix is uploaded, check the first post of this thread. Please feel free to spread the files in the web*.

*Please include the source/keep it, it's under GPL

Bones21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this WiiGator 0.1 with entryholder fix, and connot seem to get it working tried with 247 & 249 , 249 i get a code dump and 247 it just tries to load and sits there.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which ios(es) do you have installed? I just downloaded the file myself and copied the ios249 version to my sd card, at least this one should work. I have cios_fix by ppc_gba at IOS249. (It's the improved cios for 0.1 loaders)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
BIG MOE said:
ClaKK said:

I have both loaders on my system and i uninstalled ios249 - my loader 1 still works and my loader 3 stops working.I re-install 249 and both work again.

Now in my opinion , since i DONT have 249 on my system and DVDx is installed on ios247 and the loader still works , the loader is directed to 247 by selecting ios247 when installing DVDx otherwise i dont see how it would work on a fresh wii that didnt have any other IOS than 247 installed.

If you have a theory on how it works with only ios247 installed please let me know.
I think you are correct , I have to check it out in a little bet and I'll post the results , however if anyone wanna try it just install cios_fix247 and install DVDx with advance ios247 and run Wiigator0.1 without installing any cios249 yet and see if it works , when I'm done I'll post it here
yaypsp.gif
thanks djtaz for noticing .

Lins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:
BIG MOE said:
ClaKK said:

I think you are correct , I have to check it out in a little bet and I'll post the results , however if anyone wanna try it just install cios_fix247 and install DVDx with advance ios247 and run Wiigator0.1 without installing any cios249 yet and see if it works , when I'm done I'll post it here
yaypsp.gif
thanks djtaz for noticing .

It work
smile.gif

I've tryed to :

- Uninstall Cios 249
- Uninstall Cios 247
- Uninstall DVDx
- Checked with Anytitle
- Install Cios_Fix_247
- Install DVDx to point to 247 Cios

And it worked with Backup Launcher 0.1, i've tried with Family Sky and worked very well.
The strange thing is that any Backup Launcher 0.1 (247 or 249 version) work

I've tryed a 1:1 Game (RE UC) and it didn't work with Backup Launcher 0.3 for 249 (obviously because ther's not Cios 249)

Then ...

- I installed Cios 249 Read Retry

And with Backup Launcher 0.3 (bugfix relase for 249) RE UC worked very well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy