Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter WiiPower
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 66,646
  • Replies Replies 345
ether2802 said:
Uninstall IOS249 (best if you use AnyTD)
Wad Manager, cIOS_fix by ppc_gba
Install DVDx IOS249
Install cIOS 247 (the one on this thread)
and run both of the loaders, that works..!!
I don't understand why you're tryin' to install the cIOS for the 0.3, and then reinstall it on 247 ?



hi i just joined the site after following the project of backup launcher by wiigator(keep up the good work)..i followed this and can confirm both 0.1 + 0.3 are both working. many thanks..just one question, can the loader 0.3 with cIOS 247 be made into a channel??if so could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial please??or maybe someone already has a channel version they could upload??many thanks,and again, keep up the good work guys
 
@ mueueps,

Try to uninstall your wad's using wadmanager (eg. backup loader channel,cIOS from V0.1), your IOS249 from DVDx. After that, install cios installer ios 247 from Wiigator_0.3_ios_247 that nickasa supplied, cIOS wad's from V0.1 (eg CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042, cIOS fix or ios5) and finally IOS249 from DVDx.
 
Thanks WiiPower, works just like you say it does
biggrin.gif
 
Guys huge thanks for all your work.
now will have the better compatability over both loaders.

happy days.
If i could buy you guys a beer i would!!
biggrin.gif
 
ether2802 said:
Uninstall IOS249 (best if you use AnyTD)
Wad Manager, cIOS_fix by ppc_gba
Install DVDx IOS249
Install cIOS 247 (the one on this thread)
and run both of the loaders, that works..!!
I don't understand why you're tryin' to install the cIOS for the 0.3, and then reinstall it on 247 ?
tried this , got to the dvd x part , but mine doesnt have a 249 option , just 247 . anyone can help?

btw where do u get the cios fix?
 
Help! I'm stuck. I've tried several different methods to get this to work, and all have failed.

First, I went through with ATD and made sure I deleted cIOS249. Then, I tried installing cIOS247. Well at first it failed because I didn't have the 0000001 folder on my SD card...I got the allocation error that others have posted. So I tried putting the folder on my SD card and kept getting a memory dump as the install failed.

I then installed the cIOS_fix linked to in the thread, and cIOS249, and DVDx with cIOS249. They all went well. So, back to the 247 install...and back to my memory dump.

I've deleted all channels referring to older Backup Launcher installs, both the original 0.1 and the recent 0.3 install. I've gone through and tried deleting cIOS249 again, but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm about at my wits' end with this thing.

I like the speed of 0.3, but all of my games worked with 0.1, albeit really slowly. My 7 year old loves the Star Wars games, and I really enjoy playing them with him, or being with him when he plays (in the case of SW-TFU). Since TFU does not work with the 0.3 loader, and I'm not about to let him have access to the originals, I'd love to be able to have both loaders available. If not, I'll just have to go back to 0.1.

Thanks.

P.S. I have the "fix" installed for the 3.3 update that still allows for the shopping channel that was part of djtaz's big zip pack. Could this be a possible issue? I'm still kind of new to the whole Wii scene, so please forgive me if I'm a bit slow.
 
Thanks for the great idea Wiipower! you solved our problems.

i wish someon will make a wad file channel for this. just like wiigee said. channel like WiiShizzza made!hhehehe
 
Anyone with problems try this(don't do this if you have 3.3v2 on your Wii):

1. Delete IOS247 and IOS249 with AnyTitleDeleter if they exist.
2. Install cios_fix (by ppc_gba) this is your IOS249 [this should be the "best" cios for 0.1 loaders, the original and cIOS35 rev5 should work too]
3. Install DVDx to IOS249(advanced install)
4. Copy the 00[...] folder to the root of your sd card
5. Start the modified cios_installer for 0.3 CIOS at IOS247*

That's it. Now you should be able to use ALL existing 0.1 loaders and channels. If you want to use the 0.3 launcher you need one which is MODIFIED to use IOS247 instead of IOS249.

*There is a read retry fix cios from WiiGator which solves maybe some bugs. If you install it, it installs always to IOS249 unless you modify it. In order to modify it you need the source of it which i haven't seen. With IOS247 you are able use to test the normal cIOS against the read retry fix cIOS.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted