Hacking usb thumb drive and wiiu

StphanePare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, before hacking my wiiu, i'm wondering if I can use this 64GB thumb drive I have laying around instead of an actual HD to store games on. I'm not interested in vwii stuff at all

Chrscool8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing so successfully since the beginnings of both the Wii and Wii U hacking days. It's worked just fine for me! It's technically probably less reliable, but back it up every once in a while and use a good quality stick, and you should be fine.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, you can.

It's formatted to a Wii U format, though, so you can't use it for anything else but Wii U.

Koxen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, before hacking my wiiu, i'm wondering if I can use this 64GB thumb drive I have laying around instead of an actual HD to store games on. I'm not interested in vwii stuff at all
does it works? or it has let you down? I'm curious because I'm still somewhat scared of using usb sticks because they are supposedly "not recommended".

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had two fail on me after a period of time (8 months to a year) so I finally invested in an external hard drive. I want the games on it to last forever not a year.

Unless you keep your saves backed up with SaveMii you also lose all your saves if the hdd fails because the Wii U keeps the saves on the hard drive or whereever the game is installed.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...