USB loaders not working after Latest Shop Update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Xag, Oct 22, 2009.

Oct 22, 2009
  1. Xag
    OP

Newcomer Xag Member

Colombia
    I made the silly assumption that updating the wii shop channle, to claim my "free" NES game wouldnt hurt. After all i did pay for the internet channel..

anyway. I was using wiiflow channel and a custom channel (created with loadstructor/cleader) to run my backups on my 4.2 system... and now after the update, they both send me to black screen.

since both use a cios249, i thought of reinstalling the thing... but i realized, that neither the Cios installer nor the wad manager will load... homebrew channel and other hobrew seem towork (snesgx also send me to the black screen)

anyone else had a similar problem?
    any ideas on what i have to downgrade and how?

2. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's unlikely that updating the shop channel has anything to do with anything. I know I've not had any problems anyway. I mean, all you're doing is updating the Shop Channel, it shouldn't affect anything else that you start (be it a channel or something else).

3. r9delta

Banned r9delta Banned

United States
    If you did the update through Nintendo that's what is supposed to happen. It overwrites your cIOS with Nintendo's own garbage. Follow the 'Downgrade any wii, even 4.2' guide on here to correct your problem...you can skip the installing HBC/DVDX/BootMii step though obviously.

4. Xag
    OP

Newcomer Xag Member

Colombia
    Well, I managed to get wiiflow and the channel working by followign this tutorial XD.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-4-2-wii-9.html
    in case anyone eventually made the same mistake.

however, SnesGX and FceuGX... still send me to a black screen! what kind of of ios do they use... already downloaded latest version... well.