Hacking USB LoaderGX v3.0 IOS249 Reading Error?

Itachi.Brando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings everybody,
So recently,I've updated my cIOS and IOS using Pimp My Wii.
It has kind of ruined some things.
Now I cannot load usb from both ports.
I can only load a usb stick from the port 0.
I changed the settings so it could load from BOTH ports,but nothing happens.
The loader launches,initializes sd/usb then show the contents of any stick plugged in the slot 0.
The second thing is that previously,when I access my activity log I find that I launched USB Loader but then I find the title of any game I played. Now I only find USB Loader and "Others"...

Could you please help me fix these two issues?

Thank you very much.
:wink:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which revision are you using?
I changed the two things you described in the last revision (1218), it's possible things broke up.

If you are using revision 1218 :
1. Is downgrading to revision 1217 fix your problem?

2. Launching the loader is now using AHB if found (instead of cIOS) which is not compatible with dual port. But it's only used to find the config file. Once the config file is loaded, it reload to cIOS and remount the USB. It should works with dual port fine.
Where is located your usbloader_gx folder? SD, USB port0 or USB port1 ?

3. Activity log require NAND Access, which works with d2x but not with Hermes v4 or official IOS58. I added a patch to enable NAND access if you are using IOS58 as "Loader's IOS", but I didn't test it myself as I never use activity logging.
Please tell me which "Loader's IOS" you are using.

If you are not using revision 1218:
Pimp my Wii probably didn't install what you expected.
Dual port is only compatible with these cIOS :
Hermes v4
Hermes v5
Hermes v5.1
d2x v9
d2x v10-alt (Alternative version ONLY, not "v10")

I recommend that you don't use programs that do thing in your stead.
Read, learn and do things yourself. it will be better than letting a program doing things that you don't know.

Itachi.Brando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to thank you for your answer,because I've been checking the thread over and over. I didn't find any answer that I ended up losing hope and "screwed" around until I get it to load both ports!
I changed the cIOS from 249 to 222.
Now it loads both ports,in that version I mentioned above and the one on the SD.
I am going to install rev1218 now,and delete the old version.
I'll try the iOS 58 thing and reply ;)

Thank you again for your answer!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have games on the USBPort1, then you will still need to use the correct cIOS/base.

If you use an IOS with dual port support "in the loader" (to list games while you are in the loader), it doesn't mean that it will work with the game.
Some games require cIOS d2x instead of Hermes cIOS (for example games requiring IOS reload Block setting, like Metroid).

For example, if you set the loader to work with Hermes cIOS you can dual-port at the same time. But if you launch Metroid, it won't work as it's not working with Hermes.
And if you set a different IOS Slot for Metroid (for example slot 249), and that your ISO is on Port1, it will not work either because the IOS you currently have installed in slot249 doesn't work with Port1.

What you want to do is to use a cIOS d2x with Dual-port support in slot 249 and 250 : d2x v10-alternative

Slot 249 : d2x v10-alt based on IOS 56, installed with revision 21010
Slot 250 : d2x v10-alt based on IOS 57, installed with revision 21010

To install this cIOS, you can use modmii or d2x-cIOS-installer.

Edit:
If you don't understand what IOS58 is used for or don't need it, I recommend not setting your loader to that IOS slot. use 249 instead.
In USBLoaderGX r1218, IOS58 works only with one USB port at the same time (port0 or port1 but not both).

Itachi.Brando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again,
I tried IOS 58,but it didn't launch any game. It restarts and goes back immediately to the menu after selecting a game. As you said too,it only reads the usb port 0 and doesn't allow to select both ports.
For IOS 249,it isn't of any use tbh. I switched to "both ports" but it still shows games on the stick plugged in port 0. Hence,I had to use IOS 222,which is the best.
It loaded games from both ports and played them just fine.
However,I have GameCube games on the disc in slot 1. It didn't load them (though I installed Dios Mios 2.10 and it didn't say it is the Lite version when I made a download). I think I will switch usb flash drives from a port to another;it might be of use to laod GameCube games.
I am very disappointed because my Wii was just fine : launching everything,loading from both ports too (though I still needed to launch the app from the SD in order to play GC games,because the one installed doesn't allow and asks me always to copy to SD!?).
I updated my iOS/cIOS and Mios (what are these anyway?) through Pimp My Wii. I selected perform test and fix problems. So it suggested what needed updates and that's it.
I made all of that for the sake of Just Dance 2014.
(long sighs)

Oh by the way,I am selecting IOS reload block from Anti to ON... should I put it back to anti?
Plus,I guess I have the latest d2x thing,because Just Dance 2014 requires it to run as well as IOS 250.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can keep Error fix to ON as long as you don't see the Error002 screen. If you do, use ANTI.
For best result, always use ANTI. you don't need "ON".

The "Latest d2x thing" exists in two different version : v10 "Single port only" and v10-alternative "Dual port support" ! this is your problem.

Pimp my wii messed up your setting, it didn't "fix" your Wii at all. There's no "FIX" or "Broken state", only "Changes required depending on your situation".
You need to do the changes and install the required files yourself manually to put the console in a state like YOU decide. (not using a program which doesn't know what you need).

Like you said "249 isn't of any use" because pimp my wii didn't install the correct IOS in that slot.

Your Wii has many Slots where system files are installed. Only one slot at a time can be used by applications/games/homebrew. (36, 58, 222, 249, etc.)
the IOS are the system files used by the Wii to communicate with the hardware (like USB, dual port, etc.)
the cIOS are custom IOS. official IOS are used to create custom/patched IOS to add USB 2.0 support for games. the result is called a "cIOS" and is installed in one of the slot of your Wii (by convention, custom IOSes are installed in slots > 200, to not mess with official IOS from nintendo located in slots <200).
the MIOS is the system file used by the Wii to put the console in GameCube Mode. it's installed in the "MIOS Slot". There's only one MIOS slot, if you install a new MIOS file it will replace the currently installed one.

What pimpmywii did is :
replace your existing cIOS version installed in the slot 249 with another cIOS version. The new installed version is not compatible with dual port.
replace your existing MIOS version installed in the MIOS Slot with another MIOS version.

What you need to do :
replace the current cIOS version installed in the slot 249 with a new version compatible with dual port.
replace the current MIOS version installed in the MIOS Slot with a MIOS of your choice depending which GameCube games setup you have.

1 - download and use d2x cIOS Installer to install d2x v10-ALT which supports dual port. Install this:
Slot 249 : d2x v10-alt based on IOS 56, installed with revision 21010
Slot 250 : d2x v10-alt based on IOS 57, installed with revision 21010

2 - Set your USBLoader to use slot 249, and dual port will work again now that the Slot249 contains a system file that YOU chose specifically for dual port.

3 - For GameCube, it will depend where are installed your games :
SD Card : Install DIOS MIOS Lite v2.10
USB : Install DIOS MIOS v2.10
Official disc : Install MIOS v10
installing one of these will be automatically installed in the MIOS Slot, overwritting the previous system file located in this slot.

Itachi.Brando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed DIOS MIOS v2.10 v2 or smth and it says it loads from usb but the games didn't show up.
I only use usb to play them.
Does it have to be in port 0 to load GC games?

PS : I still haven't made any changes yet concerning IOS 249 because my Wii is in the living room and we have guests etc...

So what do you think?
And right before installing that (days ago) PIMP MY WII Updated my MIOS ...

To Hell with this Pimp My Wii lol

It ruins everything! xD

Itachi.Brando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get those cIOS you told me about using ModMii.
I installed them using MMM as I got wad files.
Nothing changed,so I used Pimp my Wii,Install custom IOS/IOS. I selected d2x 10.1 (alt) and used the base as you gave me etc...
Now USB loader is not launching from my Wii menu.
I need to reinstall it.
Oh by the way,WiiFlow read the GameCube games but then a message popped on screen once the game is launched :
"FATAL ERROR APPLOADER SIZE IS ZERO!
I checked from the configuration,and I didn't find Dios Mios in option.
There was only Devolution or Mios or Default (which is what is selected normally).

I'm thinking about formatting my Wii,and then re-hacking all over again...
I am really hopeless :unsure:

I can't play my GC favourites,and Wii games are launching weirdly,one port is working the other is not (except when one select IOS 222),GC games are not shown in USB Loader GX (and they used to appear),Activity Log is no longer showing what games were launched (and it used to work just fine),Wii Flow can't launch GC games and ONLY loads USB1 (no dual port)...

This is really annoying...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: