Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@AB:
no problem mate, actually i'm trying to fully implement the config file, and it's really working smooth and also trying to get the config menu like cdreams requested it (for custom options settings).

@gitkua:
AB posted it on the previous page i guess.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Ok update on the light version of the backgrounds. I've been making this so it will eventually include the options and instructions for them all. I have a list of what I think your adding, correct me if I am wrong.

Ocarina Codes
Box-art Download
Force-PAL
Force-NTSC
Default Settings

As you can see the instructions page has a box now for the config options to load to, so can this be implemented. Above the box I will have the text for each option, and to the left of that image I will have the Button Configuration.

I will get to work on the black version very soon to match up.

Excellent worl Don Killer, AppleBelly, 56killer and anyone else who's helping. Really appreciate your efforts on this.

etb

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pepperoni said:
I get an "Abort called" error and then it returns back to the HBC after I downloaded box art for almost all of the games. I got it when I was going through the files, downloading box art, going left, and then I tried going right, and box art downloading still worked until I got an error there, too.

I get the same error at 2 games, when scrolling forward metal slug antology and when scrolling backwards rayman raving rabbits tv party. it's allways the 26th move untill it throws the "Abort called" meassage.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
cdreams said:
Ok update on the light version of the backgrounds. I've been making this so it will eventually include the options and instructions for them all. I have a list of what I think your adding, correct me if I am wrong.

Ocarina Codes
Box-art Download
Force-PAL
Force-NTSC
Default Settings

As you can see the instructions page has a box now for the config options to load to, so can this be implemented. Above the box I will have the text for each option, and to the left of that image I will have the Button Configuration.

I will get to work on the black version very soon to match up.

Excellent worl Don Killer, AppleBelly, 56killer and anyone else who's helping. Really appreciate your efforts on this.
I wish the following for a final, good one Loader (basicly 1:1 everything from the Ultimate-Mod
tongue.gif
):

-Saving the Video Modes, Languages and Ocarina-seetings directly in the Game/WBFS-HD (like the Ultimate loader)
-Possibility to add the defaults for these in a Config
-Boxart download (On/Off)
-Change path for Images
-Show Game Size/remaining Space/ID (under the name? Basicly, a bigger console would be needed anyways...)
-Add Deleting and Adding back...and maybe base it on 1.1...faster dumping...

That would be so awesome...have you tried to contact hungyip84/Forsaekn? They're online, and maybe willing to help...this could be so a great loder...

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Here are the two images so far for the light version. Remember the Black version will match eventually.

The light information page still needs the informations text to be added, but that is just graphical, with this it can be coded in now so the options show in the box on the bottom right.

Like I say the black version of the instructions page will be identical but in black so no need for code change. Both called bgrear.png, so if that can be done too, then it's just a case of people switching ot what one they please.

I see there is a confirgurable loader with diff backgrounds. Well I will have both Dark and Light versions, so if that could be added to the options then people could select and it will load the choice so they have either.

Images so far:

bg.png

bgrear.png

exampledark.png

bglight.png

bgrearlight.png

examplelight.png

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Here are the two images so far for the light version. Remember the Black version will match eventually.

The light information page still needs the informations text to be added, but that is just graphical, with this it can be coded in now so the options show in the box on the bottom right.

Like I say the black version of the instructions page will be identical but in black so no need for code change. Both called bgrear.png, so if that can be done too, then it's just a case of people switching ot what one they please.

I see there is a confirgurable loader with diff backgrounds. Well I will have both Dark and Light versions, so if that could be added to the options then people could select and it will load the choice so they have either.

Why would you want to select between a light and dark version in the config file when you can just specify the version by changing the background.png file?

The only thing i'll say about the features is, add the ones that wil be useful, let not be overkill and add useless ones that aren't actually needed.

The lighter this is kept the more maintanable it will be.

For me, the icing on the cake would be to have the background look so wii like that you wouldn't realise the difference.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
applebelly, do you have usb retry on the newest loader? no ask for format, it shows nothin in the black box, and im assumin it just is the -1 error. is there usb retry on there?

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimano said:
applebelly, do you have usb retry on the newest loader? no ask for format, it shows nothin in the black box, and im assumin it just is the -1 error. is there usb retry on there?

What exactly is usb retry? It is based off the stock offical 1.4 loader, so if that has it, then es.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"waiting for usb device" i should say, 40 second countdown

i dont think it was in official loader, it goes to -1 error

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
void Menu_Device(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂu32 timeout = 30;
ÂÂÂÂs32 ret;

The time out is 30 seconds in this version (as part the official version). If you want to try a longer time, change the 30 to another value and compile it.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@AppleBelly

I only suggested it because a few people had asked about a white version. So for those that don't want to or don't know really how to change pictures, then it was for them. However it is a simple case of just changing on your sd card the names so it's not needed as you say. Maybe when the loader is complete, extras like this can be added, then if people want to use any background style they can.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@applebelly, wish i knew coding mate, i have no idea what to do with that. i just got an unlucky drive here i guess

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to chime in. I can not help with anything ATM and probably wouldn't be much help in general later. I really like the look and feel of this loader it is quite class. While it is still developing I sit and watch all of you overcome hurdle after hurdle. I'm still using the 3 image version revision 3 maybe. When you guys slow down a bit I'll grab the latest. Great work! I've been watching the other loader development, maybe eventually they'll be some cooperation between the two groups and it will be ultimately class. Sorry for the longwinded feedback but I'm sure many others are watching and just keeping silent. Thanks for all the time everyone has put into this and the other loader. Cheers guys!

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I'm still plodding along with the modified images. I'm hoping that AppleBelly or Don Killer are using them to code the stuff to.

bgrearlight.png

@AppleBelly and DonKiller

Any updates on what's happening with all the features and stuff, can you both also make sure you have the latest images from my site, so not to cause any issues with what's being used and not. My site with the files is here and also you can see them there: Coverflow Site

Cheers guys, keep up the fantastic work
biggrin.gif

Kurisai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use this, but when it started downloading background images I got one that said it completed, then a code dump.

After the first one completed, every box art section showed Waninko's no box art image at the same size.

I installed cIOS 10 and the 1.4 USB loader, so I got no idea what I'm doing wrong! Is there a way I can download the box arts myself? That seems like it'd be easier, but I don't see any information on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...