Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Blue-K

I agree. I think for looks this is the best loader. However it needs the options for all the other features. Now I have said I would like it if you could press button one to bring up the options and then you just use + or - to turn them on or off. I think this way you get the best of both worlds.

The people that want the options have them and they can see exactly what's there by using the instructions Page. Those that do not want options don't see them and so unless they press Button 1, they are never bothered with it. All features should be off by default.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mainnine said:
tried the latest version and doesn't work, doesnt load the bg image, it shows waninkoko's loader and then code dumps when u try to do anything

Are you on cios rev 10?
do you have all the images and folders in place as it show in the sd card folder in the zip?

Guys there are plenty of ideas on how to take this loader forward. I takes me about 4 days of contant work to get it to how it is now. I've had so many issues whilst doing this, so many funny things. I'm happy to listen to suggestions, but not everything will be added. So many different loaders are about with different features, it will be nearly impossible to get one that does everything. If you want to make your own, with little coding skills my advice would be to compare my loader to the default version 1.4 loader. Then add those changes to ultimate v6 one.

Give it a couple of days and i'm sure much better loaders than this, with proper cover flow will be about, but use this whilst its good and does what you need to do.

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this would be a lot better if you combined your code with Hungyip85/WiiShizza and so ons loader...

I much prefer you interface but lacks any form of configuration...

this would stop it crasheing because of your Auto Cover Download which could be fixed if it used the configuration system.

Also things like forcing PAL and being able ot have Ocarnia and so on permanetly turned off pre hand all via configuration is useful...

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be the perfect loader if you add this interface to the best loader at the moment, WiiShizzza´s loader.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys i understand you, problem is, i don;t have a lot of time to spend on this, spent as much as i can the last few days. But releases are constantly coming up, new ideas are coming up, and as you guys are pointing out, there is no perfect version. You want bits of some loaders mixed in with other. I fully understand what you are asking, but it isn't as simple as sayng "add the features", a lot of work is involved.

My suggestion, if some of you guys have the time and patients to carry this on then please do so. If not, ask the other mod authors to look at adding some of the features of this to theirs.

The reason i'm saying this is because by the time i add those features, another mod will be even better than wiishizzle's version and you guys would be asking for those features.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cdreams said:
For AppleBelly especially, but also anyone else who can implement the following;

Button Configuration:

A = Select Game

B = Cancel

D-pad = Use the D-pad to scroll left or right through installed games. When using options use up and down to select the option you want to turn on/off

Button1 = Brings up options to turn on/off Ocarina Codes and Auto Download of box images

plus (+) = turn on (Ocarina/Auto Downloads)
minus (-) = turn off (Ocarina/Auto Downloads)

Button2 = Use button 2 to switch between the Main Page and the Instructions Page

Thanks cdreams for defending this loader and it's functions, I totally second that
smileipb2.png

I want to make a suggestion about the implementation of a Full options Menu (force video mode, ocarina, language,... ): I would say this Full options Menu could be integrated on the second page (instead of just explaining the role of the buttons...BTW we could give a dark/steel grey colour for this second page) and presented by pressing the 2 button. This is already done in the GUI Loader version_1.0 of Kongsnutz/Dimok, where we have to clic on the menu to toggle between different options !!

This to say, why not to work on merging our ideas on their loader as they also have coded the online covers download!

I'm ready to support in programming.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry applebelly, havent been around mate. i tried the new loader there, and i choose usb device and then its a blank screen, which im guessin says to format the drive, but i already have lots of games on the drive, do i need t ostart from scratch here? if need be, then i guess i will have to, but if not, id rather not have to do all that mate. any ideas?

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimano said:
sorry applebelly, havent been around mate. i tried the new loader there, and i choose usb device and then its a blank screen, which im guessin says to format the drive, but i already have lots of games on the drive, do i need t ostart from scratch here? if need be, then i guess i will have to, but if not, id rather not have to do all that mate. any ideas?

Have you tried the official 1.4 loader? It uses the same code so not sure why you are getting that.

Let me know if the official 1.4 loader works before you try anything.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@AppleBelly

I understand what your saying and I really appreciate your efforts so far with the coding of the loader. As I am sure everyone else is. If it's difficult to spent loads of time on it then I guess we have to work around that somehow.

56killer is going to hopefully help here too so maybe between the two of you or anyone else with coding knowledge this can be completed.

Now, with regards to the options, these can be added as they come along surely. If the basic loader is there with all options off as default, then all that is needed is the option to turn them on or off using the button config I listed earlier.

As new features are added, they would be added to the options area in the loader, the actual style and look wouldn't change.

As it is now, the loader has Ocarina and Auto Downloading. So these features are already implemented, all that is required now is the setting to have them off as default and using button 1 to bring up the list, then + or - to turn them off.

Also AppleBelly, can you confirm your using the updated 7 image png that I made. The one in the folder I downloaded from your zip was an older version, although the noimage was correctly sized so I think it's just a small error. I think your actually using the updated one but you put the old background.png in the folder without realising.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok so far i've made some changes.
i'm also trying to implement the configuration file into this loader... and i already fixed the poweroff bug.

i've discovered few other bugs:
- when downloading covers, and not founding them, the server returns a 404 html page, which you try to resize it. and obviously fails, hence the bug i was talking about early about not displaying the big size noimage.

- it seems that i also have a code dump when it can't access the net to download covers.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same with official loader, do i really need to start from scratch? if thats the only way this will work, then i guess i will have to, but on other loaders, the games will show up. im tryin a few here, and it doesnt seem to like my drive now.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Don Killah

Are you able to add the option to disable the Auto Downloading for now though? Keep it in the loader but turn it off for now until it's fixed, but have the option there to switch on or off.

I will work on new Information pages and layout for it, with information on what does what. If you could work around the button config I listed earlier then that would be ideal. This way it allows for any number of options to be included and added and still uses the same config of buttons.

Also please make sure Button 2 switches between the main page (bg.png) and Information page(bgrear.png).

I'm making a folder of files in the right places and will create a package of it all when we have it done so people have it all ready to rock and roll. As it stands my images are in sd:/images/
and sd:/images/small/

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
auto cover downloading is actualy switched on a bool:
download = 0 -> don't download
download = 1 -> donwload missing covers off the net.

the rest i'm actually working on it... but il'l give up in a hour or two, got to see my beloved, i miss her.

kilik_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very beautiful loader, is there a wad or a forwarder for this?

And about video force mode ntsc to pal is there in this loader?

Thank you very much
wink.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I keep getting compiling errors because of the missing freeimage library... where do I need to put the library from the link on the previous pagE?

mike21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the custom usb loader they look great.i download the 8th version and they said after try download some covers abort called and they go back to the hbc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...