Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
geedub said:
AppleBelly said:
you two guys on cios rev 10?

yes i sure am mate , but i will just go and re-install , to make sure

no problem still here

dunno if this will help but , it happens when i scroll left 33 times ( mario kart ) and 25 right ( indiana jones lego )

That sounds like the memory leak I was on about. If Don doesn't fix this in his next version, then i'll release an updated version.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@AppleBelly

Like I say, I'm not trying ot be a pain in the ass, just trying to get this looking as incredible as it can be.

I have finished the images for now. The only other things i would need to add is the information for the actual options if and when they are added to the loader.

AppleBelly, Take a look at these bad boys. I know your saying the image placement thing needs to change, but the reason I re-made the images, was because the original image was off. I think your using the old image. I have made new ones and tested the actual boxart at 64x90, in that image and they fit perfectly, the only thing you would need to do is have the placement positions in the loader.

This was the reason I'm saying the positions are off with the old image. The sizes on those were also off and have been modified in my newest png's. That is why I keep saying check my site of uploading them here, because there is tiny alterations that are only visible when you use it.

If you come on msn at some stage I can talk on there much easier to avoid confusion. And yes I do really appreciate your hard work on this. I'm only doing images and I'm tired and stressed, so I know with the coding your probably worse off. So my hats off to you.

So for now here is the latest bg.png and bgrear.png's in both Dark and Light.

bg.png

bgrear.png

bglight.png

bgrearlight.png

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams, could you please look at modifying your images to fit the current loader. People are already using the loader out there, no one is using your images, to keep it simple, you can easily modify your image without a need of producing a new version of the loader. Every time i release a new version people have issues, if i one with a modified background, people will forget to copy it over.

Also is anyone actually producing a section in the loader that will allow you to change the settings? or is someone making a config file which you modify on the sd card?

Any chance of modifying your lighter image to more resemble the front wii screen. I want a background that looks as wii-ish as possible. It also looks just a bit funny with "wii" on the top left. Maybe remove that text altogether

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think they both look great btu rather than have an instructions screen which just looks a bit silly because it does state some obvious things you should have an options/settings screen where you can turn individual things on or off...
like force patch, force console, force game...
ocarnia on/off
cover download on/of
language - choices

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Okely Dokely lol.

@ AppleBelly

I'm not wanting to alter the images because they are totally centered now as they should have been from the start, unfortunately the original image i used was off a tiny bit and it makes a difference as you know. I want it to be as flawless as it can be so I would like to have the loader changed to match these.

Now I know that is a big ask, but I'll make a deal with you. If you alter the loader, which I will make a package of in the end so people can download with all the correct files, the I will make your screen any way you want. I like the two I have made so the only thing I need to change for my own liking is the information for the options, but I'm still waiting for confirmation of what the loader has so it's up to date info wise.

So you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours
tongue.gif

@remanmark86

The Instructions page is really there for the people that want it. On the right hand side you see the title for options yeah. Well the plan is to have the list of options there for information on what they do. The box in the lower right corner would load the options and you just select and turn on or off which ones you choose.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams, there is no guarantee that your background will work, as i said earlier, the reason i chose the locations i did was that certain ones caused code dumps.

I wont be releasing a new version just to move the images a few pixals. I'm but sorting out your issue of perfection will no doubt cause many people who don't add the new background to have issues.

So how about you respect my decision to place them where they are.

Also cdreams, i worry that you believe this loader is going in a direction that it actually isn't. Just because you can do a nice photoshop image of a configuration page doesn't mean its that easy. Honestly, with the library's that it is built off, it will be very difficult to add an interactive menu to it. So i very much doubt you will see a use of the second page, if you don't believe me, then give it a go yourself. Also what don is doing, from what i understanding, is adding something like a config.txt file which will allow you to enable and disable certain features.

If adding a config section was easy, then i would had done it by now, but it isn't.

This loader's next step should be to remove the console, where as all the other loaders heavily rely on it.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@AppleBelly

I don't know what to say. The old image is off center and the boxes are not equally spaced apart.

Forgetting all the second page stuff, I don't see why this is an issue at all. Surely the loader would work better with something that is symmetrical no. Maybe the code dumps before due to position were due to that image being off in the first place?

Just to note, the second page works as a simple image. I have it working on the 3 image version. 56killer coded it in for me yesterday. It doesn't have anything options wise, it was just purely to load the bgrear.png. I am actually not that bothered about having all the options there personally, I was making it based on what people seemed to want. They want options they want to take them off ect.

I mentioned before, I am sure there are many people using this site that don't fully understand what some of the options are, so the info page was really to give more information ffor those people. The actual options can be done whatever way, but it would be nice at some stage to have them on that page and not the main bakground image. It's just cleaner.

The issue I also have is I do not have the 7 image your using, because I deleted it yesterday due to it being a flawed image. As soon as I realised the issue, I pm'd you and got no reply. I later realised you were offline, but it seems when you returned you started coding the flawed image and this is why there is an issue.

I am happy to host the files for anyone to download, all it takes is to inform people to delete all the backgrounds and the old loader and use the new ones. Why is that so difficult?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I've just done some testing with the 7 image version and the updated loader and here are my results.

The background you have included isn't working as it should. If you look closely at the small images when you load up the loader, you will see the images are too large and they actually hang over by about 15pixels at the bottom.

The reason this is happening is because the image your using, the dark one, is actually the one I made when I was doing the boxes at 50%, so they are way too small. So even although they are lined up horizontally, they are still over massively vertically. The only reason it's looking passable is because the box art is big enough to cover the left size and the bottom, so it's not totally obvious.

Trust me on this. Your using the completely wrong image. So everyone will have the wrong one as it's the one you have included in your package.

So I will go back to what I was trying to fix originally otherwise the loader is wrong using that background. So AppleBelly, I know it's a right pain in the ass, but it really needs to be fixed otherwise the images are too large for the small boxes in that old image and they are off. The new image the boxes are sized properly for that size of image 64x90 and all that needs done is the position.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
@cdreams

The loader doesn't care... the image is easier to fix than the lines of code. I understand your "integrity as an artist" but perfection can come later... function first.

Fix the images and lets get the this project completed.

BESIDES... be happy they are even using your images... do know how many other designs for this I've seen today alone?

Just my 10 cents.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@weiff

I understand what your saying but think about what I'm saying for a second.

The current image he has used is wrong on so many things.

First the actual box sizes for where the small images load too is way off size. I originally did that as a test at 50% the original ones and then AppleBelly asked me to make it fit size 64x90.

So what I did was I went back to the image and began to resize and it was then I realised the whole thing was off center. So I fixed it and made the new size boxes as he requested. So I was working with him here to get it right for him.

On top of this the original flawed image, the small boxes are not evenly spread out, again it was just a test while he was coding other stuff. So when I made the new version I spaced them out correctly with the box sized to fit the 64x90 images.

So what's happened now is AppleBelly and yourself are asking me to make a flawed image to fit flawed positions. It doesn't even make sense. regardless of how functional it is, it defeats the point of making it look like this if your going to just make it all off center and uneven.

So as much as I could do it, I think in this case it's a small thing to fix to get it totally correct. I do not see the point in having everyone use a image that is worng and uneven and as a result the small images load to off center and unevenly spaced positions.

What's happened is while he was asleep he missed lots of updates and came back and just carried on without even checking what I had fixed. Now your saying to me to be happy. I spent 5 hours modifying these images last night for his loader. 56killer helped me out and made the loader work with page 2. AppleBelly hasn't even added that to his because he has just done his own thing. I'm not being unreasonable here but ffs, does it make sense to add what was designed or just have half assed stuff because he won't take out 10 minutes to reposition to match the actually PROPER image.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cdreams, i been keeping an eye on this since begginin never said anything but always had the page reloading, i must say i'm hoping ur new backgrounds get implemented, I won't be using the USB for a while but like seeing the progress and so far ur image has been the one to stick out most, hope sum1 codes it for u

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams, relax buddy. It's just a USB loader. You should respect the coder's decision instead of getting mad at him for not complying with your every wish.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Cheers Flawsdraw.

I have everything ready to go image wise. All that is missing is the positions being corrected and some options to be added and set to page 2 if possible.

I had the old version working with 3 images and it switched to the information page when you pressed 2, but now AppleBelly doesn't want to add it into the new loader, so 56killers code for that has been lost. Annoying me to no end because I think others want it.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@pepperoni

It's not that I don't respect his decision, its the fact he is not respecting mine and work that 56killer did last night. Yes it's just a loader but I spent 5 hours last night and got 56killer to help out and code the loader so button 2 would switch to the info page, then AppleBelly just decides to change it all for no reason apart from his preferences.

Anyhoo.

@Don Killer

Thanks so much for helping, really.

First things first how do I get the co-ordinates, does it tell you in photoshop at the top? If so I'll get them to you asap.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
spell it right mate, it doesn't really bug me, but you know... it's Don Killah
hold on, i'm do the usual trial n error to see where it nneds to be improved.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@ Don Killah: thanks voisin
smile.gif
for your support, so y'u re back far from your beloved...

I'm your support in case of being in charge of a part of coding!

Well, i was just looking at the sources of Wiishizzza and dimok/KongsNutz: it seems not hard to add our third part just for managing the scrolling of our 7 covers!
I mean all the work is already done (auto download (wii-earth like idea), config.txt,force, ocarina,...etc), let's just look for "Gui_show_Covers ()" over there...Am I wrong?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
opps sorry Don Killah
wink.gif

Do you need the new images, they are on here but if you need them, they are on my site too at

my site

The image AppleBelly is using is a test image that he should have deleted this morning but he never and carried on using it despite me updating and telling him numerous times, and so now the small images are actually too large for the small placeholders and it's off center.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yep i managed to get the last images from here coz your site leads to a 404 tha you still didn't fixed when trying to get "Click to Download" link.

by the way, can you pm me a link to the source of the "USB Coverflow Loader" v2 i guess, you know the one with 56Killer hacks to get the 2d page to load while pressing the Button2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2