Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pep do you have the nocoversmall.png in the usb-loader/small folder? and also the nocover.png in usb-loader/covers?

The default code has the default large image, then i do a check that if nocoversimage.png exists then to use that one which is smaller. It seems you're missing the nocoversimage.png so using the default one.

seejay01462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea why I get a code dump when I run this? The app loads, but I have to press A on the remote to get it searching for cover art. It starts searching for Animal Crossing cover art and after a few seconds it crashes and starts a code dump. The internet connection is fine by the way. I'm running 4.0E

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Having problems too. I have replaced my previous version with this but I get an 'old' interface with one display box on left and list on right - however it does not populate with any games and then code dumps! I downloaded via the mirror, if that helps.

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii_Manic said:
@Cdreams
Thanks! Can You Reccomend A Image Resizer Or Image Pack at 120x168 as mine always resize to 119x168....

Turn of "Keep Aspect Ratio" when you shrink them to prevent the image ending up 119 wide instead of 120

EDIT: boy am i late to the party.... this is what i get for sleeping.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
one bug and one wish. the bug is, when i start it, i see only the skin. i must press a before i can choose the games. so i cant see the text if i want to choose the usb or sdhc. my wish is, that the box at the bottom of the skin shows the whole name... my One Piece game name is very long
tongue.gif

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have a internet connection set it, then it might code dump, seejay an you confirm you have an internet conenction set up? When you load HBC does it connect to the internet?

So the SD and USB option doesn't appear hunter?

rwilts. Confirm that you have the following file in place:

sd:\usb-loader\background.png
sd:\usb-loader\covers\nocover.png
sd:\usb-loader\small\nocoversmall.png

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Not working for me. How should this be installed on SD card etc..

I had the older version working well with a images folder in root with all box art. boot.dol file in folder in APPS.

Now i have put usb-loader file in root
Put usbloader folder in apps folder.

emptied images folder and left it empty in root.

Is the all correct?

OOO spooky....

Yes i have all files as stated in your question. When i load up app i get an older version - ie NO SKIN just list to right and single box art blank on right No instructions of games loading and when i press A it lists at bottom firts game on drive says no box art and downloading and crashes.

I tried installing rev5 and got exactly the same problem!

Reinstalled your first working version of 3 images and all fine!!

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rwilts said:
Not working for me. How should this be installed on SD card etc..

I had the older version working well with a images folder in root with all box art. boot.dol file in folder in APPS.

Now i have put usb-loader file in root
Put usbloader folder in apps folder.

emptied images folder and left it empty in root.

Is the all correct?

The sd card should look like this:

sd:\apps\USBLOADERAB\boot.dol
sd:\usb-loader\background.png
sd:\usb-loader\covers\nocover.png
sd:\usb-loader\small\nocoversmall.png

Does yours look like that?

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes exactly as stated. Posts crossed and I have update mine with exactly whats happening.

Downloaded afresh and reinstalled on sd as described and still get exacly same prob.

I know this will come down to driver error but I cannot see where!

Applebelly - am i right in thinking you still need and images folder in root? Empty at first?

I aint no coder so feel free to laugh but I would say thats its the wrong .dol file... How is it able to boot into a different application, ie, 'old' style looking loader. Is your three picture screen 'just' a skin sitting over the original interface ( no offence intended ) ?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
OK this is a bit frustrating.

AppleBelly did you get my PM? Also 56killer did you get my PM?

I am trying to get something fixed but I haven't had a response from either of you. Like I said I know your probably fooling around with other loaders and stuff but I really would like if you could take a few moments to add the new stuff to R3. I think people will like it a lot.

Basically for everyone else this is what I've been working on for R3 which is used with Rev9, maybe can be used with Rev10 from what I have read.

bg3.png

bgrear.png

As you can see, there is now 7 images total that can load in the main page. 3 either side of the main image. They are 50% the size of the small images from before, but looks fine. So it would work exactly as before just more images at once and with the smaller images being smaller so you would need to resize them to 60x84 now. I don't think it's a big issue to add this to the current version but I have no coding knowledge or I would, so could someone with some experience ad this.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
cdreams said:
Basically for everyone else this is what I've been working on for R3 which is used with Rev9, maybe can be used with Rev10 from what I have read.

bg3.png

bgrear.png
That's simply beautiful...it's amazing
wtf.gif
...that might bring me to use this Loader, when this could be done...simply awesome!!! Thumbs up
yay.gif
. Keep it going!!!

Oh, and here's something for your no Cover-Image (the only thing I don't like):

seejay01462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AppleBelly said:
If you don't have a internet connection set it, then it might code dump, seejay an you confirm you have an internet conenction set up? When you load HBC does it connect to the internet?

Yes. I've definitely got an internet connection. I tried the homebrew browser and d/l something to test it.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@CDREAMS: very nice shot dude! just a suggestion: instdead of making again smaller the small covers, i would say:

First: make the text box Thinner so that it just fits normally the game's name, and try also moving this text box a little bit down.

Second: Make the Middle Cover a bit Bigger and put it more in forwards, as we made text box thinner

Third: Keep the old size (Rev3) for our small covers, and try to put them (3 covers on each side) like on Itunes. I mean just try to put them one "behind" another in backwards, see what i mean ??

XD

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry i've been a bit busy, i did see your pm.

I've noticed several issues with the current package.

sd:\usb-loader\covers\nocover.png should be noimage.png
sd:\usb-loader\small\nocoversmall.png should be nocoversmall.png

I have also fixed the issue with the start up, not seeing any text. I have an issue on mine at the moment where a game has got no game id, which is strange, so just looking into this and then will upload the new version.

cdreams, i love your image, will see what i can do. I might need you to change the size of the small boxes, would you be able to?

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
seejay01462 said:
AppleBelly said:

Yes. I've definitely got an internet connection. I tried the homebrew browser and d/l something to test it.

Interesting. To be honest, i haven;t been able to test this as much as i would had liked.

When you boot up the the loader it just code dumps?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Hey AppleBelly

Glad to see you got my pm's.

Yes I could change the image size for the smaller ones. I just thought 50% would fit well. I would like it with the 3 either side so can't increase too much otherwise it will fit in properly. If possible though if you can keep the same it would be ideal for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi