Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giantpune said:
cdreams said:
I have tested and it seems to be working as plan, no issues so far and I'm loving it
biggrin.gif
I have updated my older links to download the zip file with all the stuff you need except the actual game images, to make this work. Here is the link again just in case you missed it from before: Download Link USB Coverflow Loader

Let me know what you think and if someone could add it to the Wiki please. i feel quite chuffed with myself lol.

Simples
wink.gif

I have tested this on my NTSC-u Wii. Here's what I'm getting-
The title of my first game (AC/DC LIVE: Rock band Track Pack) does not show up.
The title of the next game (Alone in the Dark) shows up fine.
The title of the 3rd game (Are you smarter than a 5th grader?) shows up as "r?". There is not even the ">>" before the title.
Then next few games show up fine.
"Guitar hero III (Rock Band Songs)" shows up as ")", again with no ">>".
"Millennium Series champion Paintball 2009" shows up as "aintba"
"Shaun White Snowboarding: Road trip" shows up as "rip"

So, it seems that (for me) if a title is 32 characters long, it shows up blank. If the title is over 32 characters, the ">>" is dropped and it starts with the 33rd character. I'm not sure what is up with the paintball game, because all the other games fit this pattern. The paintball game shows up fine in other loaders, it is just cut off after 37 characters and dose not continue to the next line.

I don't have any small covers, so I cannot say if they are working. The center and small "no image" show up fine.

Thats to do with the size of the console box, that will be fixed in the next version.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AppleBelly said:
Yes will have a new version done this morning that uses 1.2

Do you have any plans for faster browsing for larger collections? The loader shows 3 games per page, so you can have a button to jump ahead 3 (or 10) games rather than 1 at a time.

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
I have tested and it seems to be working as plan, no issues so far and I'm loving it
biggrin.gif
I have updated my older links to download the zip file with all the stuff you need except the actual game images, to make this work. Here is the link again just in case you missed it from before: Download Link USB Coverflow Loader

Let me know what you think and if someone could add it to the Wiki please. i feel quite chuffed with myself lol.

Simples
wink.gif

With This Loader What Sizes Of Pic Do I Need?
And Where Do They Go, Do The Smaller Ones Go In A Seperate folder and have small at the begging of their name?
Thanks!

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 1.2 code working with my addon. But then it actually solved a bug i was having with downloading boxarts, which is now working! The only bit i am trying to get sorted now is the resizing of the images, wont be long.

Haven;t checked the source of that other one yet. If you can confirm that it is still an issue in this new version when i release it, i will then check it out.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Wii_Manic said:
cdreams said:
biggrin.gif

Simples
wink.gif

With This Loader What Sizes Of Pic Do I Need?
And Where Do They Go, Do The Smaller Ones Go In A Seperate folder and have small at the begging of their name?
Thanks!

@Wii_Manic

The zip file in my post has the folders as they should be. The images folder is where you put all the normal sized images 160x225, within that folder you will see there is a folder called small. That stays where it is, do not move it anywhere. In there you have the smaller images sized at 120x168. The smaller images should be named the same as the larger images but with small added to the start of the name. So for example you should have the following:

For the normal images: sd:/images/xxxxxx.png
For the small images: sd:/images/small/smallxxxxxx.png

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
AppleBelly said:
I have 1.2 code working with my addon. But then it actually solved a bug i was having with downloading boxarts, which is now working! The only bit i am trying to get sorted now is the resizing of the images, wont be long.

Haven;t checked the source of that other one yet. If you can confirm that it is still an issue in this new version when i release it, i will then check it out.

Hey AppleBelly

Good to see your still working away on this loader. I'm pretty happy with how it is just now but with those new additions it should please a lot of people and save some sd card space for others. As long as it looks the same I will be happy.

As for what's actually in this loader, like the Ocarina stuff ect, can you confirm what options it actually has set. If I have that I can include it into the bgrear.png I made and it will at least make it a little clearer to know what it offers. Maybe even if these features can be turned on or off and I can list which button does what. Obviously button 2 is programmed to switch between the loader and instruction screen, so if you can avoid using that
wink.gif

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Revision 4 is here

Whats new:
- Uses Waninkoko version 1.2
- Has Downloaded image support, if you don't have he box art, no need to worry, it will download it automatically for you!

Now the not so nice stuff... Issues:
- Small images have been removed, got another idea on how to display the loader, but was getting a bit painful getting freeimage to work correctly. It srinks the files, but they aren't usable... huh!
- If you don't have a internet connection set up, this application may code dump. Not much i could do about this, spend a good number of hours trying to fix this, but couldn't
- It will only download the game selected. So at first the left and right will be the unknown image, however once you select them, then they will have images. Will add this feature later, but wanted to getsomeone out for people to try.

Revision 5 should be coming soon, with a different style of diplaying the images.

For now enjoy this and let me know your feedback regarding the automatic donloading of box art.

No real need for screenshot as it looks the same as revision 2, but with more featres.

Let me know any issues you have!

Please mirror this:

Dol and source: http://rapidshare.com/files/220439842/USBLoaderABr4.zip.html

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Wii_Manic

djtaz has a website up for all images, not sure he has the smaller ones there yet. I personally just resize them myself. I think you can resize in paint on windows machines and just make sure to take of anything that keeps it in proportions, most if not all allow you to manually set whatever size you please, so just make sure you have it correct.

Other than that I think Kosiac has just done a bunch of images for NTSC and PAL, check the forum and there is a thread about USB Cover Images I think, it's in there somewhere.

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
@Wii_Manic

djtaz has a website up for all images, not sure he has the smaller ones there yet. I personally just resize them myself. I think you can resize in paint on windows machines and just make sure to take of anything that keeps it in proportions, most if not all allow you to manually set whatever size you please, so just make sure you have it correct.

Other than that I think Kosiac has just done a bunch of images for NTSC and PAL, check the forum and there is a thread about USB Cover Images I think, it's in there somewhere.
Thanks.. It Was The Ratio Thing... Working Great Now!

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will upload a version for 1.3 soon, there aren't many changes. Just wanted to try adding a new game, selected Super Mario Galaxy and it says it will take an hour to install...! Anyone else have that issue?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's recommended to add official discs thru the 1.0 official loader, it's fastest. And never add backups thru this, dump it to a pc and add it there with the tools
So I wouldn't bother with it
smile.gif

and i think 1.4 will come soon with a fix in the wbfs file system (seeing as waninkoko replied to that thread)

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The image downloading works great!

I'm looking forward to having the smaller images on the sides; good luck with everything.

Edit:

It would also be nice if it just downloaded the box art for every game at the same time, so you could walk away from the Wii for a while and come back to all the covers being there.

Edit 2:

I tried downloading box art for De Blob, and it took 2 seconds and said "Done!" but now it just shows whichever game is next to its Box Art, (Bully/EA Playground). Any way to force a retry or clear box art or something to that effect?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there are thin black stripes on the names of the games in rev 4. and the new system with the pics (all the same width/height) is shitty
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMm6wIktNk