Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimano said:
AppleBelly, sorry if this a stupid question mate, but i be havin problems with the image reload deal, and was wonderin if your new loader when you can download images from the site, will this solve the image reload problem then? this is my favorite loader here, and hopin thats the case, since i have yet to have any of my images load due to "waiting for usb device"

Can you link me a usb loader that doesn't have this issue for you? Will see hwo they fixed it.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here ya go applebelly

http://wiinewz.com/forums/591533-post80.html

ive tried showin this to a few people, no one can seem to figure it out, but it loads, no matter how long it waits for usb device.

would this new addition you are adding, would that end all this image reload issue? or would that still be a factor even if downloadin from the site?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
UPDATE

Ok for everyone here having issues with the images loading either side, I have done some more fooling around with Photoshop and I think the problem was as simple as having the correct size of images.

I basically just redid 7 small images and they are all sized 120x168. Some are 24png and some 48png, so it's obviously not that which is causing the issue. I had my Photoshop set to 16 Bits/Channel in the mode selection which then made the images have a bit depth of 48, so I am guessing that is 16 per colour RGB. The others were at 8 Bits/Channel and so only came out at a bit depth of 24, however they also work.

So in conclusion the bit depth doesn't seem to make a difference which is what I would expect, obviously the better you have the better quality of your images.

Everytime I had done it in the past, I was resizing to 119x168. This was what someone said way at the start of this loader or another one somewhere and so I have been sticking to that size. I noticed the image pack that had the working images had the sizes at 120x168, so I tried it out and indeed the ones at 119x168 don't load, the ones at 120x168 do work.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where can I download the lastest working version of this? The links on the first post are all limit exceeded.
There are tons of links in this thread, but I dont know what ones are good... what ones are bad, and what is the newest.

Just wanted to see if I understand. I Need 2 copys of each image cover, right? small (120x168) and the normal sized.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
applebelly will release a new one here soon, with my understanding, with the option to download images from the internet right?

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bg.png

Made this the other night, thought you guys might like it. I sadly haven't got it working yet. (Can't get the small images to show up.)

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
ThaDraGun said:
Where can I download the lastest working version of this? The links on the first post are all limit exceeded.
There are tons of links in this thread, but I dont know what ones are good... what ones are bad, and what is the newest.

Just wanted to see if I understand. I Need 2 copys of each image cover, right? small (120x168) and the normal sized.

I uploaded my working version so go ahead and use that. It still needs some features added which I'm hoping someone will work with me on, but as it is just now it's useable. It doesn't have what each button does for a purpose though, so that it stays uncluttered, hence why it mentions the B button for more info, that will hopefully be added later. The buttons still work as normal though so +installs a game from disc and - uninstalls it, A selects a game to load, home takes you to system menu ect ect. Link is here

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
I noticed the image pack that had the working images had the sizes at 120x168, so I tried it out and indeed the ones at 119x168 don't load, the ones at 120x168 do work.

I just downloaded the image packs from the first page and all the images show up fine, although the behavior is a little wonky when you scroll through them.

Here's an example:

DSCF2715.jpg

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cdreams said:
For mine you do. Until AppleBelly gets his loader up with the automatic download from that website with all the boxart, then you have to bear with it for now. Not too bad considering. Well I'm fairly happy just now.

@cdreams: are you working on the base of the "USBL_AppleBelly_r3" version ? So that I can support...

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oneleggedjack said:
so do we still need the small images for yours?
I hate the fact that I need to resize and rename images, so lame....

There are SO many ways to do this in batch. On my mac it literally took less than five minutes to prep the whole pack of 400 NTSC images, in fact I also darkened and desaturated the images a bit for a cool effect. Don't call it lame, either that or fix it yourself, these guys are working hard.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cdreams said:
I uploaded my working version so go ahead and use that. It still needs some features added which I'm hoping someone will work with me on, but as it is just now it's useable. It doesn't have what each button does for a purpose though, so that it stays uncluttered, hence why it mentions the B button for more info, that will hopefully be added later. The buttons still work as normal though so +installs a game from disc and - uninstalls it, A selects a game to load, home takes you to system menu ect ect. Link is here

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna try it out now
smile.gif

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who want easy way to convert/resize their images just download irfanview, it's free and has a batch processor for converting. I copied all 867 of my full size covers from SD to a temp dir and ran batch conversion on them and it took about 1 minute to convert all 867 images to a new output folder for me in 120x168 png format. Copied the png to the small images/small folder on SD and ran the USBCoverflow dol. All 129 of my games show up with both full size and side small images. 0 errors.

NOTE: when you run the batch conversion, be sure to uncheck "keep aspect ratio" to be sure the images come out 120x168 and you dont end up with some 119 wide images.

For those who just want the images already converted here is my pack of 867 mixed PAL/NTSC small 120x168 cover images.

http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/jizmo/smallcovers.rar

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I "may" release my image pack once again (new version) .. However I need someone to tell me the EXACT sizes required, and the best format.

I noticed when switching from left to right (in the latest version) , it take a second or two to draw the images .... Any way to make this smoother? (or is this under construction?)

Thanks,

Kosaic

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well cdreams, i tested it and looks pretty good:

Unless that:

- noimage appears in middle but not on sides!
- the images still look (on all USBLoaders...) like stretched! not in normal shape/size like a wii game box/case
- The middle covers refreshes faster than the other two...

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Jizmo09 said:
For people who want easy way to convert/resize their images just download irfanview, it's free and has a batch processor for converting. I copied all 867 of my full size covers from SD to a temp dir and ran batch conversion on them and it took about 1 minute to convert all 867 images to a new output folder for me in 120x168 png format. Copied the png to the small images/small folder on SD and ran the USBCoverflow dol. All 129 of my games show up with both full size and side small images. 0 errors.

NOTE: when you run the batch conversion, be sure to uncheck "keep aspect ratio" to be sure the images come out 120x168 and you dont end up with some 119 wide images.

For those who just want the images already converted his is my pack of 867 mixed PAL/NTSC small 120x168 cover images.

http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/jizmo/smallcovers.rar

Jizmo09 thanks dude seems efficient that bang tool^^

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
OK I have altered the main background ever so slightly for those interested. I have also made noimage.png, both small and large and placed in correct folders in the download.

New Files: Download Link Here

Hopefully as I have said many times that someone can code my information page so the second background can be used when pressing button 2 to get the instructions.

atupac, I don't know how to code, so all I am doing is tweaking some images to get something I personally would want to use regularly. Hopefully you guys enjoy it too.

Posts merged

Kosaic said:
I "may" release my image pack once again (new version) .. However I need someone to tell me the EXACT sizes required, and the best format.

I noticed when switching from left to right (in the latest version) , it take a second or two to draw the images .... Any way to make this smoother? (or is this under construction?)

Thanks,

Kosaic

Oops sorry Kosiac.

Large images are 169x255
Small images are 120x168

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1