Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm getting somewhere... now instead of just having a normal sized noimage on the left, I have one on the right as well...
**Edit**
I didn't know about the 24bit thing, I'll see if that's the problem.
**Edit2**
Still no luck, but I'll fool around with it some more...

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work guys

Just a couple of things i have found on the layouts with ocarnia

if there is no code you can see no code found, then the game loads.

if there is a cheat you see something flash up in the display box then it close blank. Nothing will happen untill you press A or B

oh and a request , cab the A anb B buttons be swapped for enableing the cheats, if you accidently (kids are in a hurry lol ) press A once to many time the cheats load
frown.gif

Also some of the game file names seem to long and all you get are things like "ern" the house of the dead returms just the ern

warlord

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
roku93 said:
Oh my.. I should be reading a book for school, but here I am photoshopping for fun.. This is addictive. Really.
This is with per game backgrounds again. I were also thinking of maybe a splash screen during the initialization (is it spelled like that?) of USB device.
2mwtklc.png

Mind you, the book is very small print... Bah.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Oh my, I misspelled Twilight... Twlight..
biggrin.gif

Well that would nicer instead of only 3 covers! I mean a horizontal-perspective load of images with magnet effect...Of course the covers over this spash screen must absolutely become bigger and usemore place on the Background.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Ok I think I need to get another graphics program. It seems that you can't save as 32bit png in Photoshop CS3 for some stupid reason.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this in CS3 or where can I get the smaller correctly doneimages for my games. I couldn't see any on the images website?

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Ok I think I need to get another graphics program. It seems that you can't save as 32bit png in Photoshop CS3 for some stupid reason.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this in CS3 or where can I get the smaller correctly doneimages for my games. I couldn't see any on the images website?
If I'm not mistaken you can't make 32bit pngs.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
UPDATE

Right I finally got the images to load, it looks like the 32bit is the issue because I just tried it out with some of the box images from the small folder that someone uploaded and they are in 32bit and they loaded.

So I happy to know that is the actual issue. However now I have another problem. It seems the images are loading off where they should be. This is only for the side images, the main one is perfect. Obviously whoever made the initial background must have altered the position and it's not lining up.

I think nIxx mentioned about re-aligning them but I can't access the code and know what to do, could someone else do this for me please?

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
UPDATE

Right I finally got the images to load, it looks like the 32bit is the issue because I just tried it out with some of the box images from the small folder that someone uploaded and they are in 32bit and they loaded.

So I happy to know that is the actual issue. However now I have another problem. It seems the images are loading off where they should be. This is only for the side images, the main one is perfect. Obviously whoever made the initial background must have altered the position and it's not lining up.

I think nIxx mentioned about re-aligning them but I can't access the code and know what to do, could someone else do this for me please?
Yeah, I'm just biting the bullet and doing that too. Hopefully the Pal releases don't look too different...
An easier solution to fix the position of the small images would be to just move the background elements instead I think.
**EDIT**
Yeah, they work now. Now all I need is a matching Wii Play large image, which should be downloaded soon. Also, I went back to r3, so I'm not really having any issues with image location.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah it's good to finally know what was causing the issue. I've pm'd AppleBelly about possibly fixing the positioning and also the code to use 24bit pngs so hopefully he will pull through for us both.

The problem with the positioning wouldn't be that much an issue but on my screen it's putting them a good bit off so if I alter the background it's going to look weird. So I would rather have as it is which looks correct as long as the images are positioned in the code to match.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's why I went back to using r3. Oh, and I forgot to reply to Apple saying I didn't need to put his name on the background. The only reason I actually did that was to even out the composition of the image haha. I needed to put something on the opposite side of "Waninkoko's USB Loader" and "Applebelly's Loader GUI" was like such a good thing to use to balance it out.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
WOOOHOOO f**king hoo.

OK, I went back and used one of the older versions, totally forgot where though and it seems to have the positioning correct for all the images, large and small.

All I need now is a source to get the small pictures for NTSC and JAP games that are in 32bit png format.

I am adding the dol that is working for me so if your wanting it amar464 or anyone else then dive in.

Click here to download: USB Coverflow

sintax0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the right direction please :-p I've got my Wii Softmodded and I don't own a copy of twilight princess, i went to a friends house when i modded mine, can i setup the usb loader and such if it's already modded or am i going to need the twilight princess disc again ? Thanks!

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@amars464

Well I'm just happy it's working now with the images in the proper place. Looks really nice. I'm still missing a noimage.png in 32bit though so if a image isn't there it just keeps one of the other ones lol.

Hoping that a source will be available soon for the smaller ones in the proper format or that AppleBelly can alter the code so I can do my own and save as 24bit png's.

Also feel free to add my name to it and yours lol. Nah I might remove and reposition them for myself, I hate clutter. I still need to work with someone on the info page and coding it to work when you press a button like B. Any takers? AppleBelly, nIxx??

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
sintax0r said:
Can someone point me in the right direction please :-p I've got my Wii Softmodded and I don't own a copy of twilight princess, i went to a friends house when i modded mine, can i setup the usb loader and such if it's already modded or am i going to need the twilight princess disc again ? Thanks!

If your Wii is softmodded then it will be down to what revision certain cIOS's are at and whatnot. For myself I have installed Waninkoko's cIOSRev9 and IOS36-64-v1042.wad using Wadmanager 1.3. If you have The Homebrew Channel installed then you can add these but it will also depend what version your system menu is at. Mine is 3.2 for instance. Check this in your system settings up in the top right corner.

Once you have them installed there are loads of other things to consider like Starfall or similar installs to help protect from bricking and stuff.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
warlord007 said:
guys

found this on the web..... it will convert png to 32bit also will do a whole folder in one go.

http://www.imageconverterplus.com/how-to-c...t/jpeg_png.html

it will put a watermark on the image if not regged....... but it will do for testing i guess

warlord

Cheers Warlord, will test it out. Just so I can have my 7 game box images working together.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AppleBelly, sorry if this a stupid question mate, but i be havin problems with the image reload deal, and was wonderin if your new loader when you can download images from the site, will this solve the image reload problem then? this is my favorite loader here, and hopin thats the case, since i have yet to have any of my images load due to "waiting for usb device"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge