Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to add an option that lets you identify the disc before your rip the game?

e.g.

*Press Install Game*
"Game is Super Smash Brothers Brawl (RSBP). Install this Game?"

Im not sure if this is already Implemented but it would be helpful for some of us with unnamed Discs floating around
biggrin.gif

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terrulin said:
lithium210 said:
ok tried it this way and still no go. Btw.. im on 7.4 Ive tried different combinations of the config with multiple lines for both full and widescreen and i still cant get to auto download covers.

wimages_path=SD:/wimages/
wbackground = wbg.png
covers = 1
download = 1
layout = ultimatew
simple = 0
home = reboot
wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290
wcovers_coords = 482,110
console_color = 0,15
entry_lines = 15
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 0
video = system
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 1
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1

images_path=SD:/apps/usbloader/images/
wimages_path=SD:/apps/usbloader/wimages/
background = white_wii_4x3_NTSC.png
wbackground = white_wii_16x9_NTSC.png
covers = 1
download = 1
#layout = ultimatew
simple = 0
home = reboot
console_coords = 36,36,340,290
wconsole_coords = 28,36,348,400
covers_coords = 452,72
wcovers_coords = 488,72
console_color = 0,15
entry_lines = 21
max_characters = 38
savesettings = 0
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1

I just tested mine by deleting some of my widescreen covers and they re-downloaded just fine. The only thing i see that's significantly different is downloadinstall i have set to 0, and my images are in a different folder than yours.

dont my coords have to be divisible by 4??

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3 released, see post here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...p;#entry1925764

I've decided to clarify the settings I've added to the config.txt file, looking back I didn't describe them well at all.

This is applicable to the release I posted here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1923249

Code:
images_dl_url = http://www.theotherzone.com/wii
The above setting allows you to set where your covers come from, the default listed above will be used when the setting is missing from your config.txt. The webserver that you use to host the images must follow the following rule; Below the URL listed needs to be a few sub directories for each region of games, NTSC, NTSCJ, or PAL are the possible regions. Then inside of the proper region folder the cover must be named with it's 6 character disc id and of a proper PNG file format for the wii. (If you're unsure of your title ID, you can look at your titles.txt file or download the titles.txt available at my mediafire share site)

Code:
wimages_dl_url = http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/widescreen
The above setting is EXACTLY the same as the first one, except this URL is used when widescreen mode is set.

Code:
update_dl_url = http://home.comcast.net/~hatax/wii/ultimate_usb_dl/boot.dol
The above setting allows you to set what URL and file is used when the auto-update is initiated, the default listed above will be used when the setting is missing from your config.txt. This allows the other coders out there to work with the auto-update system and integrate it into their own builds. I will continue to update my version and release updates for it at the default site for a while.

Code:
infodelay = 0
The above setting is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. This setting is to delay the program from moving on after a cover has been downloaded, this allows you to see what file was downloaded from where, and at what location on your sd card it was saved. It's handy if you're troubleshooting your custom URL for downloading artwork from, but otherwise leave it absent from your config.txt or set it to 0. You may set this value from 0-9 in seconds to delay after "Downloading complete" is displayed.

Hope this helps clear up the changes I've made! Any questions let me know.

All files referenced are available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

Terrulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
Terrulin said:
lithium210 said:
ok tried it this way and still no go. Btw.. im on 7.4 Ive tried different combinations of the config with multiple lines for both full and widescreen and i still cant get to auto download covers.

wimages_path=SD:/wimages/
wbackground = wbg.png
covers = 1
download = 1
layout = ultimatew
simple = 0
home = reboot
wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290
wcovers_coords = 482,110
console_color = 0,15
entry_lines = 15
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 0
video = system
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 1
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1

images_path=SD:/apps/usbloader/images/
wimages_path=SD:/apps/usbloader/wimages/
background = white_wii_4x3_NTSC.png
wbackground = white_wii_16x9_NTSC.png
covers = 1
download = 1
#layout = ultimatew
simple = 0
home = reboot
console_coords = 36,36,340,290
wconsole_coords = 28,36,348,400
covers_coords = 452,72
wcovers_coords = 488,72
console_color = 0,15
entry_lines = 21
max_characters = 38
savesettings = 0
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1

I just tested mine by deleting some of my widescreen covers and they re-downloaded just fine. The only thing i see that's significantly different is downloadinstall i have set to 0, and my images are in a different folder than yours.

dont my coords have to be divisible by 4??

some people have had that problem, but I did not have that problem when I was testing the BGs i made. I do notice that neither of your coords are divisible by 4 if that means anything. But if they are showing up now it should not be a big deal. You can try commenting the wcovers_coords out with # in which case it will use the default coords from the layout = ultimatew setting

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
I've decided to clarify the settings I've added to the config.txt file, looking back I didn't describe them well at all.

This is applicable to the release I posted here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1923249

Code:
images_dl_url = http://www.theotherzone.com/wii
The above setting allows you to set where your covers come from, the default listed above will be used when the setting is missing from your config.txt. The webserver that you use to host the images must follow the following rule; Below the URL listed needs to be a few sub directories for each region of games, NTSC, NTSCJ, or PAL are the possible regions. Then inside of the proper region folder the cover must be named with it's 6 character disc id and of a proper PNG file format for the wii. (If you're unsure of your title ID, you can look at your titles.txt file or download the titles.txt available at my mediafire share site)

Code:
wimages_dl_url = http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/widescreen
The above setting is EXACTLY the same as the first one, except this URL is used when widescreen mode is set.

Code:
update_dl_url = http://home.comcast.net/~hatax/wii/ultimate_usb_dl/boot.dol
The above setting allows you to set what URL and file is used when the auto-update is initiated, the default listed above will be used when the setting is missing from your config.txt. This allows the other coders out there to work with the auto-update system and integrate it into their own builds. I will continue to update my version and release updates for it at the default site for a while.

Code:
infodelay = 0
The above setting is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. This setting is to delay the program from moving on after a cover has been downloaded, this allows you to see what file was downloaded from where, and at what location on your sd card it was saved. It's handy if you're troubleshooting your custom URL for downloading artwork from, but otherwise leave it absent from your config.txt or set it to 0. You may set this value from 0-9 in seconds to delay after "Downloading complete" is displayed.

Hope this helps clear up the changes I've made! Any questions let me know.

All files referenced are available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a6af63a...8eada0a1ae8665a

we have to use this now?? Where is the original ultimate loader 7.4 getting its images from?

Terrulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
is there anyway to install multiple instances of a game for guitar hero customs?

If you modify the gameid using a computer based wbfs manager, then you should theoretically be able to have more than 1. Just make sure you dont use something thats in use, and you will also have to create your own cover art files.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terrulin said:
SkankyYankee said:
is there anyway to install multiple instances of a game for guitar hero customs?

If you modify the gameid using a computer based wbfs manager, then you should theoretically be able to have more than 1. Just make sure you dont use something thats in use, and you will also have to create your own cover art files.

yes you can but you need WBFSTool to do it i changed all my guitar hero 3 games only problem is you need to make sure you are careful in changing it.

I used

RGHE52 = Guitar Hero 3 (U.S.A. / NTSC) Original
RGHE41 = Guitar Hero 3-(Rock Band 2 Edition)
RGHE8P = Guitar Hero 3-CUSTOM Downloadable
RGHE70 = Guitar Hero 3-Custom Kyle Edition
RGHE5D = Guitar Hero 3-My Chemical Romance
RGHEGD = Guitar Hero 3-Rock Continuous

RGHE(52)

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
we have to use this now?? Where is the original ultimate loader 7.4 getting its images from?

No you don't have to use that now, it's used by some changes I made to the source code. I provided links to the source and the post where I wanted to give it to the community to either be integrated or built upon.

Honestly even in my version it just defaults back to where it always got the images from if you don't have any of those fields.

So if you're not using the version I posted, no worries at all...

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Question though....wimage folder included in the download was empty. Where do I get these? If I turn on the widescreen option and don't have any wide screen images in the wimage folder, what happens?
[/quote]

You can get the images from here

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ntsc.php

or if you dont want ntsc use the link at the top to find the appropriate region, or you can turn download to 1 in your config.txt, that should automatically download each cover as a game is selected in the console to the wimages folder (assuming you are in widescreen mode). If you already have a pic in wimages for that gameid, it of course will not re-download
[/quote]

Thanks for the mirror on the game cover arts.

My original question went toward how and where to find the background images for the widescreen option (destined for the "wimages" folder).

Any thoughts?
[/quote]

on that site you can click the 16x9 icon and it will give you the widescreen versions (they look thinner)

or

you can make sure you have your wimages_path set to some folder that exists (if the folder is not on your SD card then nothing happens)
Then get them one of the three following ways
1) change the download = 0 option to download = 1 to auto download missing covers as you select them in the console
2) press b to go to options and press 1 to download
3) change downloadinstall = 0 to downloadinstall = 1 to have it automatically download when the game is copied from the wii drive

EDIT:
upon realizing you were looking for the backgrounds and not covers (maybe i should learn to read) try here

http://usob.cjb.net/

and click on the top middle button where is says "Skins" there should be some labeled widescreen
[/quote]

Actually these skins dont work with V7.x of Ultimate USB Loader. Is there another repository for v7's?

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Rebound said:
Would it be possible to add an option that lets you identify the disc before your rip the game?

e.g.

*Press Install Game*
"Game is Super Smash Brothers Brawl (RSBP). Install this Game?"

Im not sure if this is already Implemented but it would be helpful for some of us with unnamed Discs floating around
biggrin.gif

Don't think there is, but at the same time.. you should know whats in your Wii.
Even so i still think they should add this in, and at the same part tell you how much data it will take up.
Would be convenient.

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
@kamakaze
my newest skin works on 7.x the one with a stack of boxes
the older ones dont the template i used was all wrong

Zat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PNo4 said:
moviecouple said:
I would put it as RMGE01 = Super Mario's Crazy Adventure and that is how it should read on the screen?

So why isn't it working?

Try.

titles.txt (code = name = parentalcontrol)
Code:
RMGE = Super Mario's Crazy Adventure = 0

I have the same problem.
The names in the file titles.txt aren't display on the screen, but the original ones.

Can't use the parental control.
I put in config.txt :
Code:
parentalcontrol = 1
and in titles.txt :
CODE
RZZE = Madworld = 1
both of files are located in the same folder of the loader.

Someone can help ?
unsure.gif

Thanks guys for all that great job you are doing !!!
gbasp.gif

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
starstremr said:
Attention WiiShizzza

lol can you tell me what program you used to make the covers 3D and what were the settings so i can do future covers please.

Lol its not shizzza s work its my work ;-) he is blue im red ;-)

i will post a tutorial later and the new psd + an update from my theme.....

ps i use photoshop cs3

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been kinda quiet there neorame... but glad you broke your silence. excited about a new update for the theme. it's going to be one of the v7s?
biggrin.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?