Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mhm, would anyone mind linking me to a dol of the custom loader forwarder channel.
Id just modify the one i got linked to but nothing above WADder 1.2 works on this machine. :\

Also Hatax having a look at your post now, missed it xD
Im liking the idea of the auto update.
Will get back to you on the results
tongue.gif

Ok tested a little.

For the updating, you should probably add a pre downloaded check to see what version the dol currently is.
Like make it so it says something like:

Current Version: 7.4
Press 2 to check newest version.
- Checks
Most recent version: 7.x
Press 2 to install.

I don't know how youd do that, maybe make it check for the existence of a txt file on your SD card like say 7.4.txt
If it looks at the server and its 7.4.txt then it says your up to date,
If its something different then it deletes the txt file, replaces it with the new one 7.x.txt and downloads the new version?

Just a thought? I dunno if any of thats even possible xd

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jarock said:
FenrirWolf said:
jarock said:
FenrirWolf said:
Let's see your forwarder, then.

OK looks for "apps/usbloader/boot.dol"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YSYIVITU

Hmm, I like everything about it except for the second image that displays when you're on the main System Menu page. It's smaller than the channel box so the Wii fills it in with this fugly wavy background. If that were changed the channel would be made of awesome incarnate. @_@

Try this one same again just changed icon image. Now is full channel size.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5D3XQFIV

Ha, thanks! I know it's a nitpicky thing but it always bugs me when I download a cool channel and then one of the images is out of proportion. It looks way more professional this way.

Thanks again!

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a newbie here. Would someone tell me what the purpose of the "forwarder" is?
[/quote]

It allows you to boot the USB Loader directly from the System Menu
[/quote]

By system menu, are you referring to the wii channel?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its basically a shortcut.

You install a wad channel.That wad channel then points to a certain spot on your sd card to find the dol file to run.
It keeps you from having to go into the homebrew channel to run an application.
Its also good because when an updated version of the dol comes out all you have to do is replace the dol file on your sd card and not worry about installing another new channel.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The System Menu is the first thing you see when you turn it on. It's where all your channels are.

Anyway, a forwarder channel looks for a boot.dol on your SD card and executes it. In this case it looks for SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol This way you can launch it from the System Menu instead of going into the HBC and finding it in there. Then when you want to update the USB Loader all you have to do is replace the boot.dol on your card instead of making and installing a new channel with the update inside of it each time.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attention WiiShizzza

lol can you tell me what program you used to make the covers 3D and what were the settings so i can do future covers please.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
The System Menu is the first thing you see when you turn it on. It's where all your channels are.

Anyway, a forwarder channel looks for a boot.dol on your SD card and executes it. In this case it looks for SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol This way you can launch it from the System Menu instead of going into the HBC and finding it in there. Then when you want to update the USB Loader all you have to do is replace the boot.dol on your card instead of making and installing a new channel with the update inside of it each time.

is there a way to uninstall the channel or for that matter any channel that I don't want? thanks

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help out an wii illiterate.

1) Do I need to rename the background image for the usb loader skin? If so, what do I rename it do?
2) As a follow on question, where do I place that image file? SD root (Image folder) or within apps?
3) What is the function of the config.txt file? do I need to edit it before I install? If so, what needs to be tinkered with? Sample codes?
4) What tools are needed to edit and work with the source codes?

THANKS MUCH

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
FenrirWolf said:

is there a way to uninstall the channel or for that matter any channel that I don't want? thanks

System menu > (Wii) > Data Management > Channels > Select Channel you wish to delete > Delete.

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
FenrirWolf said:

Go to Data Management in wii and select Wii Channel and delete the channel in question.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kamakaze said:
bnm81002 said:
FenrirWolf said:

Go to Data Management in wii and select Wii Channel and delete the channel in question.

thanks for the help

strell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza - I really appreciate you keeping up on the first post to add new versions. (Really) Is it possible for you to also update the thread title with the most recent version number any time there's an update? It's not a huge deal, but when I check the site from my phone it would be a nice convenience.

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP!

Is the config.txt is blank. Does it get populated once you install? Or do I need to edit it before I install? If so, what needs to be tinkered with? Do I take the content of the config_example.txt included in the download and edit it accordingly?

Thanks.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kamakaze said:
HELP!

Is the config.txt is blank. Does it get populated once you install? Or do I need to edit it before I install? If so, what needs to be tinkered with? Do I take the content of the config_example.txt included in the download and edit it accordingly?

Thanks.

You need to get the config.txt. Try Here

The Example that came with it works too, remember only the lines that don't start with # actually are executed. Taking the time to read that will explain what the settings do.

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
kamakaze said:
HELP!

Thanks.

You need to get the config.txt. Try Here

The Example that came with it works too, remember only the lines that don't start with # actually are executed. Taking the time to read that will explain what the settings do.

Thanks on the advice on config.txt.

Another Question though....wimage folder included in the download was empty. Where do I get these? If I turn on the widescreen option and don't have any wide screen images in the wimage folder, what happens?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI