Hacking USB Loader issues (3 day frustration)

Neonet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so a week ago installed the HBC to my vWii. I followed wiiu.guide/vwii-modding and got it working. This is something to note since over there they tell you to install a version of IOS 80. Just something to note. The cIOSes though are identical. Afterwards the day before yeterday I wanted to install USB Loader GX and Nintendont, so I followed the "Definitive vWii hacking guide" over here. It worked and I managed to install a fowarder too. I followed the guide and used bootice to format my 16gb usb stick just like it indicated. Used ustealth to hide it and put it in the top usb slot. I put a gamecube backup I had in a games folder on the root like indicated. I don't recall exactly what transpired but iirc it wouldn't recognize the game. I removed the usb and inserted it to the pc where it said that the usb can't be read. It was as if the partition didn't exist anymore. Whatever, used bootice again (I think, more on that later) and formatted it again. After that it still didn't recognize the GC game. I was all day yesterday trying to solve the problem with no luck. I thought it was a custom path error but that was not the case. I tried to use different usb slots with alt vWii 53 but that didn't work. USB Loader GX recognized an NTFS partition but I couldn't install Wii games too it. Today, I inserted the usb to my pc and lo and behold it was in exFAT format (what. I thought I used bootice :/). Anyway, I formatted it to FAT32 64kb clusters using Window's formatter and inserted it again after switching to vWii 52. Amazingly, it recognized it as FAT 32. Tried to install a Wii game and all was well until it froze at 0.35%. I unplugged the Wii U and tried again but this time it wouldn't mount the usb device at launch. It took some time and then said the "finding HDD with 42 seconds remaining" however the timer wouldn't go down. I pressed B multiple times and was able to exit. I went to the settings to change the install partition and when I clicked it it softlocked. I unplugged Wii U again. I finally tried WiiFlow to install but once I clicked install to USB1 it just straight up froze.

I hve no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm pretty sure everything is up to date except HBC. Haven't checked before writing this but I'm pretty sure that th cIOSes over at wiiu.guide are the same. I havent installed IOS 236 from the guide over here, noting just incase that does something. Is my USB drive just not compatible? Am I missing something? I did this report as detailed as possible to help diagnosis. Help would be much appreciated

Last edited by Neonet,

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed wiiu.guide/vwii-modding and got it working.

I think I found your problem ^^.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever use this shit guide. In fact use anything BUT this shit guide. This one (which you then used) is way better https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

By the way, if you use Ustealth to hide the drive, you need to use it again to unhide it when you plug it back into your PC.

Why don't you install the Wii games using Wii Backup manager on your PC before plugging the USB in? I never had a problem with Wii Backup Manager.

I've forgotten most Wii stuff now, but guys on here will probably ask you first to run a syscheck and post the results. That installing of IOS80 seems totally wrong. I don't remember doing that. Wouldn't surprise me if that has something to do with it.

Last edited by icw35,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep the first guide you followed should never be used and is full of mistakes. One that i keep having to point out is when they tell you to install a modified ios 80. For one this is not needed at all and two you were lucky not to brick the vwii. 90% of bricks to vwii are caused by installing the modified ios 80. I hope you have made a backup of the unmodified ios 80 as i recommend reinstalling it as soon as possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night