Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, same compatibility as Wii.
neek on the contrary is a little harder to setup because there's no legal way to compile neek2o for vWii. (neek yes, but not neek2o). there's are 2 pre-recompiled neek2o links floating around, don't ask for it, use google or something else.

Reactions: vbarros22

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably release 1269 as it is right now (I wanted to fix, change the boot sequence for hdd init issue and clean up the code style), but if you fix for pacman, and soon there'll be a fix for wiimmfi, I should release it to be up to date to apply your changes.

Ok, I pushed an update to that repository that works with r33-1. Only errors and libraries are changed other than the Nintendont interface version. I'll go through the warnings later. There are a few new ones since I updated devkitPPC last. :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why you added a libs folder, instead of keeping them in portlib. was that custom portlib libraries? if it wasn't custom, why would it doesn't work anymore? why release a non working library?
I can't just use the current portlib folder ? I have to replace the entire portlib with the pacman portlib and can't merge old files in it? if it works in a different folder why wouldn't it work in portlib folder too? is that a problem with automatic updates?
when updating through pacman it deletes the folder and replaces it entirely instead of updating changed files only and keeping manually added files?
who likes pacman? that's just stupid. first we can't just keep multiple toolchain version and install them manually, now it's not possible to use personal portlib content.

there were already a source/libs/ folder, why move it outside of /source/? why not wbfs?
is it just to be easier for the makefile and include only one folder?
Is it temporary until pacman & portlibs are working fine, or is it a definitive choice to keep libs there?

sorry for all these questions, I just find all this too weird to be a requirement for pacman :(

also, github don't work anymore for me .... firefox esr is too old.
why are they dropping features on purpose, it's not like it never worked and they needed to brower version to add a feature, no it was an old features which are not working anymore, they just decided to block old browsers purposely (instead of keeping the currently working interface)

And, no, I won't update. I'm dependent on specific addons.

why everybody and everything force updates on us? can't keep old devkitpro, can't keep old browser, can't keep addons, what next?

Last edited by Cyan,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I pushed an update to that repository that works with r33-1. Only errors and libraries are changed other than the Nintendont interface version. I'll go through the warnings later. There are a few new ones since I updated devkitPPC last. :P
in sys.cpp line #49 how did you get away without setting a parameter name.
void __Sys_ResetCallback(u32, void*)

if i do that in wiiflow compiling halts with an error. i have to do this
void __Sys_ResetCallback(u32 irq, void *ctx)

i get a unused variable warning but it still compiles.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in sys.cpp line #49 how did you get away without setting a parameter name.
void __Sys_ResetCallback(u32, void*)

if i do that in wiiflow compiling halts with an error. i have to do this
void __Sys_ResetCallback(u32 irq, void *ctx)

i get a unused variable warning but it still compiles.
That's odd. Leaving out the parameter names should be fine as long as the function doesn't try to use them. Yours would work fine, too, I was just lazy. :)

I forgot I also updated TinyXML since the latest version is already upgraded to gcc 8.1.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, so I was able to load uneek+di form bootmii and usb gx but, I wanted to try also to boot sneek. So I used another SD card for that. So I dumped my NAND via usb gx to sd/nand and installed neek2o to my emunand via emunand wad install from usb gx. Put the sneek folder from modmii on the sd/sneek path. And nothing. So when I tried loading it, it only stays on a black screen. At first it was blinking led, but now it's just black screen and it stays like that forever. I've tried different SD cards, and nothing. Just got to work uneek+di, not sneek+di nor sneek. Tried everything. Idk what may I be doing wrong?

On my SD card root there are files called tmp, sneekcache, which are empty, everytime I load neek2o. I erase them and they reapppear after loading. Which idk what that is either.

Last edited by morrisonian,

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm experiencing a glitch with USB Loader GX where I will install WADs for VC or WiiWare games on my emunand. They will not load their banners. It will just be a black screen with no music.
However, if I access the same games in WiiFlow, I can see the banner and hear the music.
Is there a fix for this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
be sure to use r1268. I think it should have a fix for this:
don't use a path to emuNAND too long, and keep only alphanumeric character in the path (no hyphen for example)

if the game works fine, and the issue is only the banner, you can replace the bnr file in the cachebnr folder with a proper/working banner.
is wiiflow also using cache and extracted banner files? just copy the file to the proper folder.

But, usually, a non working channel animation is symptom of bad game/corrupted dump. so be prepared to have issues when playing the game too.

Reactions: xLAKITUx

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I was able to load uneek+di form bootmii and usb gx but, I wanted to try also to boot sneek. So I used another SD card for that. So I dumped my NAND via usb gx to sd/nand and installed neek2o to my emunand via emunand wad install from usb gx. Put the sneek folder from modmii on the sd/sneek path. And nothing. So when I tried loading it, it only stays on a black screen. At first it was blinking led, but now it's just black screen and it stays like that forever. I've tried different SD cards, and nothing. Just got to work uneek+di, not sneek+di nor sneek. Tried everything. Idk what may I be doing wrong?

On my SD card root there are files called tmp, sneekcache, which are empty, everytime I load neek2o. I erase them and they reapppear after loading. Which idk what that is either.
Don't use "/nand/" as a path for neek2o. It should be "/nands/<something short>/".

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: nerubii

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"if the wiimmfi patches are in it" I haven't even started coding the support for the new Wiimmfi patches, because Wiimm and me were busy getting Gecko Codes and Dolphin to work with the new update first.

Reactions: GreyWolf

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: fledge68

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
why everybody and everything force updates on us? can't keep old devkitpro, can't keep old browser, can't keep addons, what next?
ModMii? Lol jk

Speaking of modmii, did you catch my last update a few days ago?

ModMii 6.4.9 Released!

6.4.9 Changelog:
  • Added warning to main menu suggesting users should download files from NUS before Nintendo Wii servers shut down in 2019.
  • Bundled prepared download queues for users to easily grab files from NUS for future use.
  • Changed recommended cIOS249 to base 57 from 56, and cIOS250 to base 56 from 57. Syscheck updater will consider both configurations as up to date. Thanks @Cyan for this suggestion
  • Added USB-Loader GX and made it the default\recommended USB-Loader.
  • Added Nintendont to ModMii Classic's download page 2.
  • Updated MyMenuifyMod to v1.6 to support wiimote plus remotes.
  • Fixed broken links to guide images and gifs.
  • Other minor changes.
  • With 3 kids and counting who's got time for changelog jokes?

I was hoping to replace mmm with an alternate app (i.e. wiimod modmii mod) that supports wiimote plus remotes for this release, but that will have to come in a later beta update as it hasn't been properly tested yet.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no I didn't see you updated it.
Thanks for the notification, and for the addition of this loader in modmii.
I hope we won't have too much issues (newest hdd require IOS58 as default IOS, I'm trying to fix this but even using IOS58 doesn't help while it works fine with wiiflow and we use the same init functions)

I'll use the bundled option to get all the IOS before shutdown, it can always be useful to have a backup.

I see you didn't update the wad manager yet, its a lot of work to redo all the guides and videos.

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think they'll shut down the actual system updates? I'm pretty sure it will only be the WiiWare/VC stuff.

What I hate about this is that there will be a bunch of really good games like the ArtStyle series that just won't exist anymore. :(

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello Forum :)

Today,after i updated the Wii (ModMii+SysCheck) i´ll discovered a new phenomenon:
USBLoader GX V.3.0 r1268 + Nintendont v5.485
Gamecube Games are on USB Stick & HDD/FAT32 as recommended for Gamecube Games.

Starting a Gamecube Game (tried different Games),playing and then make an InGame Reset (R+Z+B+DOWN).Coming back to USBLoader.Now when i´m trying to start another Gamecube Game comes up the Dialog "The Game is on USB.Do you want to COPY to SD or delete a game on SD/ Show SD / Cancel"
Same when i try different GAMECUBE Games,with Wii Games it has nothing to do,they´ll work.

Now when i´m leaving the USBLoaderGX to the Homebrew Channel and starting it again all is ok,Gamecube Game starts.I´ve notice when starting the Loader the first time the Version Number is shown in the left down Corner.After the Gamecube InGameReset there´s none.When leaving the Loader to Homebrew Channel and starting it again is shows the Version Number again.I will say ever after a Gamecube InGameReset.

I hope i´ve wrote a clear and not confusing description of the issue....:wacko:

Thank you.:grog:

P.S. surely i´ve tried USB Stick and EXTERN HDD with and without Poweradapter.:bow:

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...