• Likes 48

Jimvr4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New poster but longtime soft modded WII

Recently starting adding GC games. Using Nintendont and playing GC games fine from USB:\games\ through HBC. The issue is trying to launch GC games from USB LoaderGX. I'm getting a black screen and the game never starts. Wondering if Nintendont is just misconfigured in the USBLoaderGX configuration.

I've tried v1262 and v1265 with same results. Usually black screen. A couple of times I've seen it reach the Nintendont screen and error out.

Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Checking out the list of compatible HDD from the WIKI...

Last edited by Jimvr4,

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there :)

Can someone tell me if there is a way to use emulators with usb loader? The idea is to have wii, gamecue, snes, nes, genesis games all playable from usb lloader gx with box covers.

I this is possible can you guys please link me the guide?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can someone tell me if there is a way to use emulators with usb loader? The idea is to have wii, gamecue, snes, nes, genesis games all playable from usb lloader gx with box covers.

I know it is (somehow) possible to use Nintendont with USB Loader GX, but I don't know how, since I use Nintendont to load from SD.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PLEASE add SD support. The one thing stopping me from using this amazing-looking project is that. I have a massive SD, but only a small USB stick, and I don't want to be prompted to format it by the Wii U on every boot. (I know about UStealth, I'm on Mac.)
I would love to use this over Configurable USB Loader (which I don't really like as much), but I can't. So please, add SD support, or make an SD Loader GX fork.
there's a ustealth wii app that you can hide/unhide the usb drive without the need of a PC

TheRiceKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thank you for your work.

Why is version USBLoaderGX r1262.7z is the main download in SourgeForge and not version USBLoaderGX r1265.7z ? The older version is getting almost 5000 weekly downloads instead of the latest version. What gives?

Is there a new version coming soon? I would like the latest and greatest version before my son comes to visit this Christmas. I'm willing to donate to this project if there's a way.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

there is a modded version or r1262, done by another developer.
You can find it on the first page of this post.
I do not provide support or help (never used it, I don't know how to make a good setup)

Why is version USBLoaderGX r1262.7z is the main download in SourgeForge and not version USBLoaderGX r1265.7z
I don't push the "real" latest version to sourceforge until enough users reported having no issues.
Sourceforge has 1265 if you look in the "file/release" tab, but the "easy to find" is the latest know stable release.
I'll submit 1267 in few days (before Christmas), so I'll just skip 1265 on the main page.

I do not get donation, I'm not very active on this project, I didn't do a lot and don't feel I deserve anything.
but old developers made all the work and might deserve it more than me. I don't know if they have any donation button.
I know Dimok (last dev before me) has/had one.

Last edited by Cyan,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan Is it possible to add USB support? I really want to use this over CFG USB Loader, and I can't find any download of WiiFlow. Please add it, since I don't have any big USB drives but have a massive SD card. It couldn't be that hard, right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you mean SD support.
you already asked many times, and my answer is still the same for year :

it's possible, but I don't know when I'll do it. I'm not the developer who worked on the wbfs library implementation and I never looked into it.
I don't know if it's easy or not, I'll focus on things I can fix for the moment, instead of breaking other things.

Wingysam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here. Mario Kart Wii loses control when I go to cup select. I've been looking it up for a few days, but haven't found an answer. Is it my USB drive? All of my other games work.

TheRiceKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm curious to learn how you ended up the only and primary person of this project. I think is an incredibly valuable project. I think soon the generation who had Wii will come back for their retro fix and this project will be the go to for best accurate experience. Have you thought about assembling a new crew of developers to continue working with you? Sorry for so many questions. I love USBLoader. I am anxiously waiting for your latest release. Again, Thank you so much.

Last edited by TheRiceKing,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Cyan, i wasn't here for a while, now i bought an used wiiU and i'm back.
What are the Main improvements from r1262 to 1265 and the upcoming 1267?

Thanks for your great work.
small fixes.

2->5
emunand banner reading fix
nintendont fixes, new settings
SDK/library update

5->7
* Set Nintendont as default gamecube mode for new loader install.
* Set the Nintendont scale option on 2 lines (auto with hidden second line, manual+second line with value) : oops, only half done job. I did it in global settings only
* Added the nintendont scale option to individual game settings too.
* Added parental control option to block Loader's Layout buttons (requested by OuahOuah)

planed (no promise)
* fix hdd detection/rewrite boot sequence
* Fix GPT partition detection number/order
* change the behavior if usb not detected (stop loading channel mode automatically)
* add Wiiu fw.img and wiiu gamepad support
* add ciso compatibility for nintendont

Last edited by Cyan,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thank You. I Remember that at the time of 1262 i submitted here an updated italian translation here (the "standard" One was sooo old), from what i understand There are no new lines to translate in the settings from 1262 to 1265 but there will be some in 1267 right? (I cannot check right now)
Thanks for your time.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are right, I think I downloaded it (I hope :P)
I will integrate it next time I update the languages.

or maybe I forgot to dl it... I think two users submited new language files.
I have pt-br, I think I'm missing your file.

there will be new lines to translate for 1267.
I can submit new language after the 1267, but that would make it r1268 without code changes.

I can give you the new string so I put them directly in the next release:

added:
Block Loader Layout Button
Video scale value

replaced : %d (40~120)
to: Manual (40~120)

both are used to set the Video scale value, either "auto" or "manual"
and when set to manual, you can specify a value range from 40 to 120. it replaces the old "%d (40~120)" which displayed the current value before the parentheses.

the "block" string is for parental control menu.

please submit your file again, and tell me the translation you want for the 3 new string above, I'll add them myself.

Last edited by Cyan,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
you are right, I think I downloaded it (I hopThanks e :P)
I will integrate it next time I update the languages.

or maybe I forgot to dl it... I think two users submited new language files.
I have pt-br, I think I'm missing your file.

there will be new lines to translate for 1267.
I can submit new language after the 1267, but that would make it r1268 without code changes.

I can give you the new string so I put them directly in the next release:

added:
Block Loader Layout Button
Video scale value

replaced : %d (40~120)
to: Manual (40~120)

both are used to set the Video scale value, either "auto" or "manual"
and when set to manual, you can specify a value range from 40 to 120. it replaces the old "%d (40~120)" which displayed the current value before the parentheses.

the "block" string is for parental control menu.

please submit your file again, and tell me the translation you want for the 3 new string above, I'll add them myself.

Thank You. Now last question, i know that this is the wrong Place to ask but maybe you can help me.
Now, i just bought a used wiiU that
i easily and successfully hacked with CHBC/vWii mode, and i installed some games in the nand with wup installer, but now the internal memory is full and i'm planning to buy a new external hard drive.
Since the hard drive that i use for Wii/GC games (500 GB) is without free space too i was thinking about to buy one big enough to be used in both modes.
If i create different partitions and set the first one to primary (for Wii/GC), hided with Ustealth, is possible to use a second partition for WiiU?

Last edited by Zonta85,

Eric83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

This is my first post here but I'm using USB Loader GX for a long time on Wii and I'm very happy with this application. So I just wanted to make some feedback in case they could be useful for some improvement.

Well The only major issue I have is regarding the categories. Indeed category management and filtering are a very important feature for such a media organizer, but I can't manage to organize them properly. I'm OK with the 'cross', 'check' & 'plus' behaviors for "All" and specific categories. BUT I would need to be able to reorder the categories (a very important request from my point of view)

Let me explain my experience:
With a lot of games you are compelled to use the "Import games categories" feature of USB Loader GX settings.
But then you get too many categories, and it's a pain to scroll down and up with the wiimote to find/check/uncheck what you need to filter.
So I have deleted the rarely used categories and renamed others so that they are more generic. (Also eventualy I translate all to french)

But then the problem is that categories are listed in a strange, non-handy and fixed order. I first tried to rename them counting on the alphabetic order but this does not change their position.

In fact my simpliest need is that all Virtual Console categories are listed together: VC-PCE, VC-NES, VC-SNES, VC-N64 etc...
Therefore I deleted the categories that appear before and between the "VC-*" so that those are gathered. Then I have reimported categories with hope that the missing ones will be appended. But unfortunately the new ones are reinserted between the "VC-*"...

So here is my main question:
Is there a way to reorder categories? For instance by editing a file on the SD card?
Or more simply would it be possible to just list them ordered by their names (alphabeticaly)?

More generaly I find that category management is not really robust. For instance, after removing a category from a game's options I sometimes get a CoreDump (black screen with many numbers written in white and a countdown of 30sec before reboot).

By the way I don't know why but I get a strange bug: when I leave "All" empty and check any other category, then all NGC games (from Nintendont + SD located Roms) are always visible whereas they don't belong to any category. I guess that there is an obsolete or deleted category that remained checked in memory, but I didn't find any means to clear this behavior.

Anyway, everything else is working perfectly except for a couple of Wads installed in virtual Nand, which from what I've read is due to cIOS technical restriction:
  • WiiWares : Anima Ark of Sinners, Castlevania & Contra "Rebirth"
  • VC-NES : LifeForce (USA)
  • VC-N64 : Paper Mario, Bomberman Hero as well as Zelda Majora's Mask block at the spinning "N" begining screen.
For information my configuration is the following:
- IOS slot249 = base 57 + d2x r52 v10 (non ALT)
- IOS slot250 = base 56 + d2x r52 v10 (non ALT)
- NTFS HDD for Wii ISO
- Nintendont + SD for NGC roms
- Virtual Nand for WiiWare
- Real Nand for emulators on Wii's channels main menu + SD for roms

And of course MERCI INFINIMENT d'entretenir cet outil ultime pour la Wii !
Eric

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
the WiiU HDD formats ALL the drive (no partition) and encrypt it to WiiU format.
you can't use it for anything else.

You will need to use both HDD at the same time.

What if i format all the drive for Wii U First, then with a partition manager i split the drive into two partitions, with the first in fat32 primary and then i hide It with ustealth?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down...