• Views 7,179,283
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to install the forwarders, I get an error.

Install Ticket... Error! (ret = -2011).

Using AHBPROT version from the link on the first post. What am i doing wrong?

You need to use an IOS that can install them. -2011 is a permission error. Try either selecting a cIOS you have installed already in your mod manager or make sure tje "<ahb_access/>" is in the meta.xml for the manager.

az4521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've got a really nooby question now.

how do i get to per-game settings? i know it's supposed to give me 2 choices when i click on any game, but it just direct boots the game i click on.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if it's not the right place to ask but I downloaded a pre-built ISO of Project M and after the splash screen the game loads for a few seconds and freezes on a black screen. I've tried playing around with a lot of the settings but none of it is helping.

The game opens just fine in Dolphin so I know its not the ISO's problem.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am using the Bluetooth module, yes, but I'd like to not have to go through several Wii menus and use a Wii remote to do it. Wii remotes are annoying on a portable because waving in front of a screen is not what you want to do with a handheld. I just want one menu on gx, and that to load all my games under NEEK.

ok, I see your problem now: a handheld without nowifi versions of d2x
I guess the best one to ask is the creator of the nowifi cios. He should also be the best one to hack the system menu too.

You run postloader/wiiflow from inside neek? or you really mean you can start them from system menu and then pass a game and start neek?

PS. so you have a small screen and a battery for your "handheld" ? How well do they perform? How bulky are they?

az4521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, I see your problem now: a handheld without nowifi versions of d2x
I guess the best one to ask is the creator of the nowifi cios. He should also be the best one to hack the system menu too.

You run postloader/wiiflow from inside neek? or you really mean you can start them from system menu and then pass a game and start neek?

PS. so you have a small screen and a battery for your "handheld" ? How well do they perform? How bulky are they?
i've not got the screen yet, and the batteries were ripped from some old tablets and laptops. i'm working on setting up the software right now, and i've given up on my boot order

i was trying to do priiloader -> gx -> neek2o autobooting game

turns out that wont ever work for some reason, so i'm trying to do priiloader -> neek -> some random program that can autoboot channels or dols or whatever -> gx -> whatever

although thinking about it now the first one was way better.

totally_not_az4521

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello i'm a noob and i wanna run castlevania or some other game that needs neek. how would i set that up?
i have usb loader gx running and it works for everything but that game. how fix?

i wanna not have to boot 2 system menus to get to it. just load neek from the GX menu.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
so i'm trying to do priiloader -> neek -> some random program that can autoboot channels or dols or whatever -> gx -> whatever

although thinking about it now the first one was way better.

I don't think that will work either, usb-loaders have to be modified/adapted to be able to run inside neek plus I don't think ULGX will run Wii games without cios at slots above 200 - that is probably the reason why you go the neek route instead of using ULGX directly from the system menu for Wii games in the first place.
Cyan is still the best person for the answers (he should still be sleeping - in France).

PS. I see you don't need the disk drive but do you still need the controller board from the drive for the handheld to work? or the nowifi cios take care of that? maybe an idea for those who want to get rid of the disk drive - IF the nowifi cios works even with the wifi module still in place.

totally_not_az4521

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that will work either, usb-loaders have to be modified/adapted to be able to run inside neek plus I don't think ULGX will run Wii games without cios at slots above 200 - that is probably the reason why you go the neek route instead of using ULGX directly from the system menu for Wii games in the first place.
Cyan is still the best person for the answers (he should still be sleeping - in France).

PS. I see you don't need the disk drive but do you still need the controller board from the drive for the handheld to work? or the nowifi cios take care of that? maybe an idea for those who want to get rid of the disk drive - IF the nowifi cios works even with the wifi module still in place.

neek takes care of the disk drive requirement
and yeah, i can see how it'd need to be modified.

anyway, i've given up entirely and am just going to use postloader, even though it's the least configurable most horrible looking loader ever, it works the best for NEEK booting.

JayAnubis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your mios version is weird. Do you have dios MIPS or cmios installed? Replace it with the regular Nintendo one.
I only installed Nintendon't i dont have Dios Mios or Cmios. I know Mios is a special IOS from booting GC games but could you furtther explain why it is weird ?? And how do i replace it to a Nintendo one . Sorry im not well-informed in this particualr section of modding my wii.

JayAnubis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont doesn't use MIOS at all.

Why are you asking this here instead of a new thread? It's not related to USB Loader GX at all.
My bad , Ive posted a new thread but if you help it be gr
Nintendont doesn't use MIOS at all.

Why are you asking this here instead of a new thread? It's not related to USB Loader GX at all.
Im loading it through USB Loader GX but my bad i've posted an new thread.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only installed Nintendon't i dont have Dios Mios or Cmios. I know Mios is a special IOS from booting GC games but could you furtther explain why it is weird ?? And how do i replace it to a Nintendo one . Sorry im not well-informed in this particualr section of modding my wii.

That's not a standard version number for Nintentont IOSes. It's set at maximum as if to prevent updates. The lastest "real" version of MIOS is v10, not v65535. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't read all the previous page entirely, but I can tell that autoboot works only with channels.
neek2o vWii (and wii r96) have the code for Disc autobooting disabled.

The code exist and was probably working in previous neek2o version, I reported it to nk2o developer and he said he will fix it and release a final complete bug free version and stop working on it. I guess he stopped working on it before releasing an official/legal version :P (I don't blame him, I know real life and time is not always compatible with hacking and development).

Kalypso

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can anyone please check if the wiiware game Gnomz (no not 2 Fast 4 Gnomz) works with USB Loader GX at all?
I have tried almost everything, but I just get black screen upon loading.. other titles/wads works fine with EMUNand, just can't get this game to work

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please check if the wiiware game Gnomz (no not 2 Fast 4 Gnomz) works with USB Loader GX at all?
I have tried almost everything, but I just get black screen upon loading.. other titles/wads works fine with EMUNand, just can't get this game to work

If I'm not mistaken it doesn't run on emuNAND. It needs to be either on your real NAND or requires NEEK.

P403N1X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble using the cheat manager for this application. It will download and make the GCT cheats, but will not apply them to the game. I've mostly been testing this with Twilight Princess for Wii, but it doesn't work with other games either. If anyone could point me in the correct direction, I would be really appreciative. Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know that game, and it's not listed here :
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List#WiiWare_Games
Maybe you could add it, and set each cIOS you tried to the correct value so it will help next user looking for that information :)
Thank you.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got some locks in Red Steel as well as graphical errors (that can be fixed just rebooting).

Are those problems related to the game itself or are they compatibility problems? Because, IIRC, the game was badly programmed (even when it is a good game).

Do it need any special configuration or something?

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some locks in Red Steel as well as graphical errors (that can be fixed just rebooting).

Are those problems related to the game itself or are they compatibility problems? Because, IIRC, the game was badly programmed (even when it is a good game).

Do it need any special configuration or something?

Could be a bad rip? I don't recall that being a problem title and it's likely anything once the game is running would be either the cIOS or the game itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival