• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

ToneL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can, but why would you want to set globally a broken option and have to correct that option in ALL games one by one, instead of using the working option globally ?

That option is still here because I thought nobody used it and cared about it.
I will remove the Partial option in next release and force all users to use full or neek.
There's really no reason, purpose, or even logic to use partial with channel installed on a full emuNAND dump.

partial is an option to "use emuNAND for wii disc savegame without a FULL dump", but channels installed on emuNAND require a FULL dump.
If you have a full dump, why use partial again?
Like I said, if you use Partial with channel, it will not save on real NAND (partial is used to SAVE on emuNAND but read the other data from real NAND), it will just broke compatibility because the realNAND will miss the "other" required data because you didn't install the channel on real NAND.
Because I just wanted to use partial emunand for saves with wii disc titles and use full emunand for the ww/vc titles. Does that make sense or is it stupid? I've used the modmii instructions above to setup Uneek+DI in a sneek folder on the USB drive. I then installed several ww titles using showmiiwads.
So, since my kids have been playing lately since I was going to do this I need to

1) set the emunand path to usb1:\nand\
2) dump game saves to emunand
3) set emulation to full and then save out and reset console
4) on reboot load up priiloader and set to boot to usb loader gx.

Then test wii titles, gc titles, and ww titles in that order to make sure all is working correctly. If any titles don't seem to work then set them to use NEEK instead of full and all should be fine? I don't want to switch to emunand until I know it's not going to mess my access to the system and my kids game saves.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks again for all this help Cyan.

Edit Edit: And how would this affect a title with DLC? Like Just Dance 3 or 4?

Last edited by ToneL,

jugi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello people. Please help me. I am trying to run Just Dance 2015 on my wii but I get a black screen. Tried to change ios and video to pal50, no succes :().
Nothing helped me. What to do now? I have the latest usb loader from sourceforg update this year....

Reactions: Clutz450

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Neek2o does not support emulated NAND channel path on SD. Please setup uNeek2o instead." My emuNand is on SD and I would like to keep it there. Is there a setting I am missing?
I got that warning as well but it seemed to work. Cyan will probably have more info on that.
The SD warning message is because I can't detect the used version of neek2o.
There's a version which doesn't work with SD anymore (the r96 beta9.6 or something like that) and is intended for vWii.
if you have a neek2o working on vWii, don't use SD.
if you have the latest official release (not beta), then you can use SD card.

I could add console detection, and warn only on vWii+SD, but users on Wii could use the beta too, and they won't have the warning.
I haven't found a good solution yet.

Because I just wanted to use partial emunand for saves with wii disc titles and use full emunand for the ww/vc titles.
That's why there are two different settings !
Then, what you need is :
EmuNAND Save: Partial
EmuNAND channel: Full

"save" affects only Wii games from USB or Disc.
"channel" affects only channels installed on emuNAND.

But if you have a full dump, you can set both to FULL.
EmuNAND Save: Full
EmuNAND Channel: Full
Disc based games will use the Mii, savegames, wiimote and network setting of the dump instead of the realNAND.

Reactions: ToneL

gamingsincethe80s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please help me get UNEEK running on my Wii U's vWii before I lose the little hair I have left! :)

Hi all, I've combed through these forums and tried everything recommended but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong...

Problem: When launching an emunand game from within USBLoader's emunand game list, I just receive a frozen black screen and non-responsive remote.
I have also tried loading the Neek menu directly from the "Features" menu - same result.

I have tried various NANDs (dumped from USBLoader, made by Modmii) nothing makes a difference. I don't see how the NANDs could be the problem as USBLoader sees the games and loads them fine when using FULL instead of NEEK mode. I also tried 2 different SNEEK installations (one made by modmii, another one I found precompiled on the internet where a couple of posters swore that one finally got it working for them.... same results). I have placed the NAND on the root of the USB drive as well as in a subfolder - no difference.

To further troubleshoot, I tried launching from Nswitch... here is the output:

Switching to "realnand" mode..... (Note: is this a clue? Does this mean it is using my real NAND instead of the emunand for some reason?)
Mounting USB device.... done
Checking MBR...
Found "Fat" Partition...
Checking for kernel.bin.... found!
kernel.bin size: 220792
Loading kernel.bin into memory.... done
Loading mini mod into memory... done
Reloading bootmii IOS

As you can see, everything in nSwitch's output looks correct but then it just reboots to the homebrew channel screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I've literally been tinkering with this off and on for weeks now before I finally turned here for help. Thanks a lot!

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a version which doesn't work with SD anymore (the r96 beta9.6 or something like that) and is intended for vWii.

I could add console detection, and warn only on vWii+SD, but users on Wii could use the beta too, and they won't have the warning.

As you would see in the spoilers listing the instructions @Clutz450 posted. I used 96 and I am in the Wii, not vWii. So, should I then drop down to 95 and try that? There were about 10 different options listed on that specific selection screen on ModMii. 96 being the newest and all the way back to 85 or so..

@GreyWolf are you on vWii or Wii?

@Clutz450 were your instructions for the Wii or vWii?

Last edited by ngs428,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, keep 96
it's the last official release, and it works with SD card, but on Wii only.

There are other (unofficially released/leaked) version, tagged as Beta, which works on vWii, but the SD compatibility is removed.
r96 is fine
r96 beta9.6 is not
Like I said, I can't detect the version you are using, so I can't display the warning only when needed.

He probably wrote his guide for Wii, as vWii would need different steps (no guide at all, the neek2o for vWii is leaked already compiled and thus illegal to share)

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Clutz450 were your instructions for the Wii or vWii?
My guide is for the Wii. ModMii compiles the latest official release. As @Cyan said the beta version for the Wii U's vWii is leaked and isn't supposed to be out for the general public to use.

Hey Cyan. So what is the proper way to obtain a copy of the beta? I've tried sending a message requesting on in their IRC chat but I don't know if I missed their responses or if they were ignoring me. I'd really like to be legal about getting neek2o working on my vWii.

Last edited by Clutz450,

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, keep 96

There are other (unofficially released/leaked) version, tagged as Beta, which works on vWii, but the SD compatibility is removed.
r96 is fine
r96 beta9.6 is not
Like I said, I can't detect the version you are using, so I can't display the warning only when needed.

He probably wrote his guide for Wii, as vWii would need different steps (no guide at all, the neek2o for vWii is leaked already compiled and thus illegal to share)

Thanks for the verification Cyan. I stayed on r96. Back to my original issue, the games boot to a black screen on neek2o. I have to do a power cycle to bring the Wii back to life. Emunand is working fine on SD via cIOS. My emuNand is on the root of the SD card under a "nand" folder.

When I say that the games boot to a black screen, that is what initially appears. The blue drive light continues to flash on the Wii. Is it processing? Should I let it sit for a while? I have a large number of VC and WiiWare games. I probably let it sit for up to 10 minutes, drive still flashed, I then powered down.

Any thoughts?

@GreyWolf are you running neek2o from SD on your Wii? If so, were your steps to setup similar to mine below? Are there more settings that need to be changed in USBLoaderGX than just setting NamdEmulation to Neek? That is the only setting I changed.

I compiled the Sneek+DI with the following procedure:
1. Go to http://modmii.comuf.com/ and download ModMii.
2. If you have used ModMii before then delete all the files in your COPY_TO_SD and COPY_TO_USB folders so that you don't accidentally copy over files from another install and accidentally install them. If you installed ModMii into its default path then you can find those folders in C:\ModMii\COPY_TO_SD and C:\ModMii\COPY_TO_USB.
2. After it's installed and/or you've deleted the files in the above folders then open up the regular version of ModMii. Not the skinned version.
3. Type "I Agree" (without the quotes. None of the things I will tell you to type will need the quotes) and press Enter.
4. Type "O" and press Enter to go to options.
5. Make sure that that it says "<Enabled>" next to "n20 = neek20 - build mod of s\uneek instead of original". (It should be by default.)
6. Type "M" and press enter to go back to the Main Menu.
7. Type "S" and press enter for "SNEEK Installation, Nand Builder, and Game Bulk Extractor"
8. Type "1" and press enter for "SNEEK Installation".
9. Type "1" and press enter for "96 (hosted online)".
10. Type "SD" and press enter for "SNEEK+DI"
11. Type "D" and press enter for "Default Setting: COPY_TO_SD".
12. Type "Y" and press enter for "Yes, do it now!"
13. When everything is done you can exit ModMii.
14. Now go to your "COPY_TO_SD" directory which should be located at "C:\ModMii\COPY_TO_SD" and open that folder.
16. In that folder you will see a folder named "SNEEK" and "bootmiineek". Copy both folders to the root of your SD drive. (if you were to look inside the "SNEEK" folder you should see 4 files. di.bin, font.bin, kernel.bin and rev.txt).
Done

Now that is done you need to do one more thing to make it so USB Loader properly exits neek mode EmuNand back to Regular NAND:
1. Now go to "https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list" and download one of the 4 wads that have NK2O in them. Me personally I downloaded the one that said "neek2o_NK2O_1.wad"
2. Place that file anywhere you want. Preferably the root of either your SD card or USB drive.
3. Open up USB Loader GX.
4. Click on the gears on the lower left to open up "Global Settings".
5. Click on "Features".
6. Scroll all the way down and click on "EmuNAND Wad Manager"
7. Click on "File"
8. Then go to where you have the WAD file and install it. When done you can delete the WAD file.
Done.
Now when you exit a game loaded in neek it will exit back into real NAND.

Change your settings per game to have your WiiWare and Virtual Console games load up using neek
1. Click on the game you want to play.
2. Click on "Settings".
3. Click on "Game Load".
4. Scroll all the way down until you see "Nand Emulation" and change it to "Neek".

Last edited by ngs428,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, keep 96

r96 is fine
r96 beta9.6 is not

You could check whether the path is on SD when it's changed from Custom Paths and only display it then, maybe.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you try Uneek+di instead on Sneek+di ?
that's probably your issue, SD is "not well supported" (as said by the warning message) and USB has better results.

@Clutz450:
There's currently no legal way to get the vWii version.
All the files were provided already compiled for beta and private testing purpose, not for public release.
There are different releases, as Overjoy sent them to different users at different development state, but the most spread version is r96 beta9.6

I also wrote a guide for Neek/neek2o, it's burried in the forums history when I reply to users.
It would be great to have a place with all the links to all my guides and tutorials. (like in my signature or on my wiki page)

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try Uneek+di instead on Sneek+di ?
that's probably your issue, SD is "not well supported" (as said by the warning message) and USB has better results.

@Clutz450:
There's currently no legal way to get the vWii version.
All the files were provided already compiled for beta and private testing purpose, not for public release.
There are different releases, as Overjoy sent them to different users at different development state, but the most spread version is r96 beta9.6

I also wrote a guide for Neek/neek2o, it's burried in the forums history when I reply to users.
It would be great to have a place with all the links to all my guides and tutorials. (like in my signature or on my wiki page)

I didn't try uneek+di. My emuNand is on my SD. What is the easiest way to get it to USB? Do I need to redump my NAND to usb and reinstall my wads? It has to be on the FAT32 partition right? I have my usb formatted as Fat32 for GameCube and NTFS for Wii games.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try uneek+di. My emuNand is on my SD. What is the easiest way to get it to USB? Do I need to redump my NAND to usb and reinstall my wads? It has to be on the FAT32 partition right? I have my usb formatted as Fat32 for GameCube and NTFS for Wii games.
You should be able to copy the nand folder from your SD card to your USB drive. Then just update the custom paths to point to the nand folder on your USB drive.

gamingsincethe80s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone? Does UNEEK even work on the Wii U?

Please help me get UNEEK running on my Wii U's vWii before I lose the little hair I have left! :)

Hi all, I've combed through these forums and tried everything recommended but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong...

Problem: When launching an emunand game from within USBLoader's emunand game list, I just receive a frozen black screen and non-responsive remote.
I have also tried loading the Neek menu directly from the "Features" menu - same result.

I have tried various NANDs (dumped from USBLoader, made by Modmii) nothing makes a difference. I don't see how the NANDs could be the problem as USBLoader sees the games and loads them fine when using FULL instead of NEEK mode. I also tried 2 different SNEEK installations (one made by modmii, another one I found precompiled on the internet where a couple of posters swore that one finally got it working for them.... same results). I have placed the NAND on the root of the USB drive as well as in a subfolder - no difference.

To further troubleshoot, I tried launching from Nswitch... here is the output:

Switching to "realnand" mode..... (Note: is this a clue? Does this mean it is using my real NAND instead of the emunand for some reason?)
Mounting USB device.... done
Checking MBR...
Found "Fat" Partition...
Checking for kernel.bin.... found!
kernel.bin size: 220792
Loading kernel.bin into memory.... done
Loading mini mod into memory... done
Reloading bootmii IOS

As you can see, everything in nSwitch's output looks correct but then it just reboots to the homebrew channel screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I've literally been tinkering with this off and on for weeks now before I finally turned here for help. Thanks a lot!

ToneL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's why there are two different settings !
Then, what you need is :
EmuNAND Save: Partial
EmuNAND channel: Full

"save" affects only Wii games from USB or Disc.
"channel" affects only channels installed on emuNAND.

But if you have a full dump, you can set both to FULL.
EmuNAND Save: Full
EmuNAND Channel: Full
Disc based games will use the Mii, savegames, wiimote and network setting of the dump instead of the realNAND.

OK, Thanks. This is what I did. set the emunand paths to usb1:\nand\, then I dumped recent game saves to emunand to make sure they were up to date. Then I set emunand save and channel both to full. Everything seems to be working so far. Kids are testing it today. So far DLC in Just Dance is working fine reading it's there and loading from SD.

Now to just setup nintendont for one of the kids games that doesn't like dios mios and load bootmii (make a nand backup from there) and update priiloader to allow me to autoboot directly to usb loader GX.

Thanks for everything @Cyan, I greatly appreciate the help.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? Does UNEEK even work on the Wii U?
Yes and no. The latest official version does not work on the Wii U. However there is a beta version that was leaked that has Wii U support. Unfortunately since it was leaked precompiled and not officially released it is illegal to have. And even if you did find a copy of the leaked version I don't know if anyone would help you to get it to work.

Does it have to be in a FAT32 partition?
Yes. FAT32 partition with 32k (64k may work too) cluster size.

ToneL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clutz450 said:
The only thing left to do to make exiting neek more seemless would be to install the USB Loader GX Forwarder into PriiLoader so that when it reboots the Wii it automatically loads back into USB Loader GX. If you need help with that let me know and I can write you a step by step guide for that as well.
You said the above in the modmii neek instructions. Doesn't the latest 8.1 priiloader allow booting the dol for usbLGX directly rather than a forwarder? I think I read somewhere that it would work that way. If not then I guess I need to figure out how to make the forwarder work. I installed a channel forwarder originally in my system menu to boot UsbLGX directly but when I "installed" the only USB Loader GX listed in priiloader it didn't work. I'm not able to check at the moment but I'm pretty sure I don't have the latest priiloader anyway and will update that later today.

gamingsincethe80s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes and no. The latest official version does not work on the Wii U. However there is a beta version that was leaked that has Wii U support. Unfortunately since it was leaked precompiled and not officially released it is illegal to have. And even if you did find a copy of the leaked version I don't know if anyone would help you to get it to work.

Thanks Clutz450 - at least I know not to waste my time with the current version. I will wait for them to officially release the Wii U version.

Do you happen to know if they have a web site or a particular forum post where they would announce such a release?

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes and no.
yes and no, because : Sneek/Uneek works on vWii and are released officially.
But "neek2o" is not released officially.

I didn't try uneek+di. My emuNand is on my SD. What is the easiest way to get it to USB?
Copy/move or redump your NAND to USB.
set the correct path in the loader
Generate the neek files for USB (uneek+di) and copy to usb:/sneek/ folder

the partition needs to be FAT32
I don't remember if it needs to be the first one, but if you already use gamecube then your drive is correctly set up.

this way you can have both Sneek for SD and Uneek for USB. Just selecting the path to your emuNAND use the correct kernel.bin (S or U)

Do you happen to know if they have a web site or a particular forum post where they would announce such a release?
If there's an official release, it will be here.
the developer is a member of this forum and posted his previous work here.
Overjoy said to me he would like to make a clean, final, version before stopping his work on it. I don't know if he continued working on it since then. Maybe he lost interest, or just don't have time. a release is still a possibility, but don't expect it soon I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'