• Views 7,225,040
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THanks for the help, right now I don't have WIndows :C old crappy pc, but I thank you for helping me so much but I still have a question: What Modmii can't do or doesn't do? WHat I have to do manually?, I didn't understand the priiloader part if I had to use Modmii carefully to install it or If I have to install it again manually, still thanks for your help.

Reactions: Margen67

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
THanks for the help, right now I don't have WIndows :C old crappy pc, but I thank you for helping me so much but I still have a question: What Modmii can't do or doesn't do? WHat I have to do manually?, I didn't understand the priiloader part if I had to use Modmii carefully to install it or If I have to install it again manually, still thanks for your help.
Modmii simply generate a guide and generate/download all the necessary files for you.
I believe you can run Modmii on Mac with a Windows virtual machine.

You can do everything manually or follow other softmod guides but then you risk following wrong/outdated guides and find bad/outdated files and if you missed some important steps, you will brick your Wii.

basically,
1. you don't an exploit to reinstall HBC as you have it already installed. You can simply rerun the hackmii installer from HBC to update it but you can leave it for now as your HBC is good enough apart from not using ios58
2. you may skip installing clean ios36 and ios58 for now as that is not the source of your problem.
3. verify that you are really running the latest Usbloader gx by reading from its launch screen or credit page. If not you probably have install a full channel of Usbloadergx in system menu - uninstall it and install a forwarder instead or simply run Usbloadergx from HBC. This will eliminate an important factor before diving into softmodding.
4. You probably already have a Wad manager installed. I haven't touch that for ages (don't have any need to use it). I heard YAWMM or Wiimod are good. Other users may have better recommendations.
5. download and install d2x-v10-beta52 or beta32 alt for Wii (not vWii) on slot 249 with base 56, slot 250 base 57 and slot 251 base 58. You only need slot 249 base 56 for now but the other two are handy for a few other games. You have to find the proper Wad as you can't access Wifi with your Wii.
6. For your Wifi problem, try reinstalling system menu and Priiloader as I mentioned before.

Lefteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cyan i have a problem here, I use your loader and nintendont and I have 3 usb sticks and an external HDD for my games but the space I got its limited, so I wanted to find a custom path for the savegames of GC so that they are saved to my sd card which will hold all my saves, because each time I change sticks or HDD, my saves are scattered and sometimes I swap isos within the usb sticks or the HDD for size reasons and the saves of the one could be older from the other.
Can you add a custom path option for GC saves please?
Thank you.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Cyan i have a problem here, I use your loader and nintendont and I have 3 usb sticks and an external HDD for my games but the space I got its limited, so I wanted to find a custom path for the savegames of GC so that they are saved to my sd card which will hold all my saves, because each time I change sticks or HDD, my saves are scattered and sometimes I swap isos within the usb sticks or the HDD for size reasons and the saves of the one could be older from the other.
Thank you.
This have nothing to do with Usbloadergx, it is Nintendont's limitation that it can only access USB OR SD one at a time, not both. So the saves will always go to the same drive as the games.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Modmii simply generate a guide and generate/download all the necessary files for you.
I believe you can run Modmii on Mac with a Windows virtual machine.

You can do everything manually or follow other softmod guides but then you risk following wrong/outdated guides and find bad/outdated files and if you missed some important steps, you will brick your Wii.

basically,
1. you don't an exploit to reinstall HBC as you have it already installed. You can simply rerun the hackmii installer from HBC to update it but you can leave it for now as your HBC is good enough apart from not using ios58
2. you may skip installing clean ios36 and ios58 for now as that is not the source of your problem.
3. verify that you are really running the latest Usbloader gx by reading from its launch screen or credit page. If not you probably have install a full channel of Usbloadergx in system menu - uninstall it and install a forwarder instead or simply run Usbloadergx from HBC. This will eliminate an important factor before diving into softmodding.
4. You probably already have a Wad manager installed. I haven't touch that for ages (don't have any need to use it). I heard YAWMM or Wiimod are good. Other users may have better recommendations.
5. download and install d2x-v10-beta52 or beta32 alt for Wii (not vWii) on slot 249 with base 56, slot 250 base 57 and slot 251 base 58. You only need slot 249 base 56 for now but the other two are handy for a few other games. You have to find the proper Wad as you can't access Wifi with your Wii.
6. For your Wifi problem, try reinstalling system menu and Priiloader as I mentioned before.

Thanks, so basically I only have to install d2x-v10-beta52, the only problem is that I have tried to install it using this post comments but I only find the v6 and looks like that I need other wad because I don't have online capabilities, is there an updated guide?. THanks.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@M4ST Cyan posted links to those a few posts back. You can find what you are looking for below:

damn, I don't see what I did wrong on v4.
I will have to test myself. sorry I released something untested. I just wanted to help quickly.

Just use my old pack
Wii : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ggh53tj9hhp1tr/d2x-cios-installer-3.1-v6-v7-v8-v10-wii.7z
vWii : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...2.2mod+by+FIX94-v10-beta52_beta53alt-vWii.zip
/QUOTE]

Just reread your post and you said you don't have online so I don't think this will help. Sorry.

Last edited by Clutz450,

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@M4ST Cyan posted links to those a few posts back. You can find what you are looking for below:

Just reread your post and you said you don't have online so I don't think this will help. Sorry.
Don't worry, Im looking for the forwarder but it looks like that I need IOS58 and I still don't know how to install what you mentioned without internet or with that wad, Im kinda confused right now.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this will help you. Read the first 3 posts. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ios-58-help-needed.274003/ I think that will allow you to download the IOS you need as a WAD.

Edit: I just had an idea and please tell me if any of this is illegal or against the rules. What if M4ST sends me his syscheck and I run it through ModMii on my computer? I'll have it download everything it needs and create the guide and then I just send everything back to him. Would that work?

Last edited by Clutz450,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Don't worry, Im looking for the forwarder but it looks like that I need IOS58 and I still don't know how to install what you mentioned without internet or with that wad, Im kinda confused right now.

You can install wads offline with a wad manager if you have the ready made wads. But most programs for preparing the wads run on Windows or a Wii with Internet.

Maybe this will help you. Read the first 3 posts. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ios-58-help-needed.274003/ I think that will allow you to download the IOS you need as a WAD.

Edit: I just had an idea and please tell me if any of this is illegal or against the rules. What if M4ST sends me his syscheck and I run it through ModMii on my computer? I'll have it download everything it needs and create the guide and then I just send everything back to him. Would that work?

Theoretically, ios wads are copyrighted material and is against the rule to post here. PM is a gray area, I am not so sure. High level Mods might be able to read your PMs IF they wish.

Last edited by tswntk,

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I hate to be "that guy" but to heck with it, I'm going to be. I see where it says "Added WiiU pro controller support" but there is absolutely zero reference on any page I've found as for how to actually ENABLE the controller and this is the only topic I've found across multiple sites that is still accepting replies.

Please, for the love of goodness, at least link me to some "idiot's guide for basic features" that includes how to use a Pro Controller (or even controller settings in general) because all I wanted to do is play MW3 with my friend today but my sensor bar broke and apparently I've loaned out my Classic Controllers ;_;

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I hate to be "that guy" but to heck with it, I'm going to be. I see where it says "Added WiiU pro controller support" but there is absolutely zero reference on any page I've found as for how to actually ENABLE the controller and this is the only topic I've found across multiple sites that is still accepting replies.

Please, for the love of goodness, at least link me to some "idiot's guide for basic features" that includes how to use a Pro Controller (or even controller settings in general) because all I wanted to do is play MW3 with my friend today but my sensor bar broke and apparently I've loaned out my Classic Controllers ;_;
WiiU Pro Controller support is only for the GUI or USB Loader's Menu, you cannot use it to play Wii games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you.
Hello,
I'm sorry this is not possible.
The gamecube games are not run by USBLoaderGX but by Nintendont.
Nintendont is responsible for the location of the savegame, and currently there's no path option. It's always saved on the same device/partition where your game is located.

What I can do is an option in USBLoaderGX to check if you have a save for the game you want to launch on ALL found partition and copy/move/replace them before/after playing.
The issue is "after" playing. If you don't exit the game properly and don't return to the loader, there will never be a "after". it will mess and you will lose progress.
It's a far too dangerous and unstable feature to rely on proper game exit. I won't do that sorry.

Reactions: Lefteris

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, sorry.
I haven't touch he loading since august.
I'll have some holidays in november, but it will not be for the new settings layout. I planned the remapping of the settings after 3.1
I'll try to do more urgent things in november (revert the SSL to fix the cover download, maybe remove nintendont update completely if I can't re-add SSL support without breaking all the loader), add/fix very small things.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the issue is more my free time (and my will to code, I'm often doing something else), and the dol filesize limit issue.
I tried to put the full dol to mem2 but it still crash if the dol is too big. I don't understand what's wrong. I thought maybe it's due to IOS patcher (it's removing MEMPROT, so maybe the wii is overwriting IOS area)
I still have 3 major bug issues to fix :
- Network issue with SSL
- dol filesize, crashing the loader at boot
- HDD detection with usb3.0 (but not for everyone). I haven't forgotten the HDD issue thread.

I'm a little discouraged when all I try is not fixing it, or when I don't see what's wrong.
If dimok could take a look, I'm sure he would find the issue quickly! He wasn't around the past year, but now he is back and working on WiiU.

Reactions: Magnus87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol