• Views 7,181,265
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using 1239 with nintendont 3.305 on wii and it ain't working for me.
Can you play wii games on usb loader gx 1239 ? Until you can find your problem try launching Nintendont through the homebrew channel and post your results in the Nintendont thread if you have issues.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendont changed the way USB is initialized/mounted (I think now the loader and kernel are mounting it only one time, no reload is done for the kernel)
I don't know if it affected the way it's autoboot from external loaders.
I didn't have time to look at the recent nintendont version.

Try to revert back to 2.29x to see if it's an issue with nintendont and report it to Fix94.
using the new USB init is still experimental/new, so I guess you should reports any issues. if nobody say anything, he will think all is fine.

It seems to affect only autoboot?
if you set autoboot to OFF in USBLoaderGX, does nintendont work fine?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using latest Nintendont (3.305) with latest USBLoader GX (r1241 + tab mod), and everything works like it should on my 3.2 Wii.

USB changes are internal to Nintendont and do NOT affect USBLoader GX (or any external loader) at all. Games are perfectly launched, like they are since the beginning.

WiinerMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me the autoboot option is not working but if you set autoboot to off in USBLoaderGX and select the game then it does work. This is on my vwii through a 128gb sd card usbloaderGX 1241 and nintendont 3.305. Autoboot locks system.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just tried the exact same setup on my WiiU [latest Nintendont (3.305) with latest USBLoader GX (r1241 + tab mod)], works like a charm. I'm launching USBLGX from the official vWii forwarder with USB HDD (from a FAT32 partition).

ps : all changes made by FIX94 since r301 were on the USB side, I really don't see where it can affect you at all if you're using SD card...I know that sometimes, tweaking something can break something else unrelated, but this is really strange (as strange as the bug with Wii24connect that makes freeze some HDD, like mine)

BTW Gamecube games look amazing on the Wii U gamepad !I did not play a lot with Nintendont on vWii, but I really hope that one day, Wii U hack(s) will allow us to use controls of the gamepad with it ! :wub:

Reactions: Magnus87

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Badablek for confirming it's working fine.
I should hire you as beta tester! you know the loader very well and can properly report issues :)

I don't know why other users have appearing-from-nowhere issues with compatibility, features, etc. after updating, or sometime without even changing anything.
My HDD worked yesterday, it doesn't work today, I didn't change anything in the loader, so it's the loader's fault, please fix it!
yeah, sure, it's not the HDD, and you didn't touch any settings, it's just magic ;)

I'm a bad developer, I create bugs etc., but code can't change by itself. If you don't update the loader it should behave the same way as before and don't stop working one day.

Reactions: Troopage

ennahh76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you play wii games on usb loader gx 1239 ? Until you can find your problem try launching Nintendont through the homebrew channel and post your results in the Nintendont thread if you have issues.
Don't get me wrong, the problem is only minor. It's definitely an auto load problem. Switching auto load off enables you to load from usb loader through nintendont, just not automatically, you just have to select usb when nintendont loads and it goes straight to the game you selected from usb loader. Maybe it's a slight tweak in usb loader is all that is needed. I finds the game on nintendont, just doesn't auto select usb and load the selected game

IonBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should hire you as beta tester! you know the loader very well and can properly report issues :)

I don't know why other users have appearing-from-nowhere issues with compatibility, features, etc. after updating, or sometime without even changing anything.
My HDD worked yesterday, it doesn't work today, I didn't change anything in the loader, so it's the loader's fault, please fix it!
yeah, sure, it's not the HDD, and you didn't touch any settings, it's just magic ;)

I'm a bad developer, I create bugs etc., but code can't change by itself. If you don't update the loader it should behave the same way as before and don't stop working one day.

Apologies, didn't mean to make it sound like I was blaming GX at all! I just have seen in threads in that past that Nintendont seems to change its launch parameters on a pretty regular basis, and that you've had to keep up with changes from its side. I wasn't sure how you were able to keep up with the changes to Nintendont as quickly as you do, actually - it's been really impressive. Figured this was another case where Nintendont changed its parameters and something would need changed in GX to keep up, but I shouldn't have assumed. Since I updated GX and Nintendont at the same time (I know, bad scientific method), I reached out on the GX side first just because it works in Nintendont alone, and when launched through GX as long as autoboot isn't on, which made me think maybe it was an issue with the launch parameters that needed passed to it changing. I'm sorry if I came across as blaming it on you, Cyan - I realize Nintendont is changing very quickly and that the issue isn't bugs you're introducing. :-)

BTW, do you have a donate link where I can throw some cash your way for all the work you put in on this?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
IonBlade did you try to delete your Nintendont's config file ? Don't know if this can affect USBLGX at all, but maybe...
you should also check that your meta.xml is up to date...AHBPROT can be a problem (it seems that using an old meta.xml with an updated Nintendont can do bad things)

I'm using Nintendont exclusively with USBLGX, so I don't have any Nintendont's config file (except the ones that USBLGX keeps for me). And it works perfectly (from my HDD at least)...I'll try with an SD card, to be sure.

you're welcome Cyan. USBLGX is my prefered loader, so everytime I can help or test things, I'm glad to report anything useful to make it even better :moogle:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IonBlade:
I wasn't talking to you specifically.
A lot of users are reporting things without understanding how the loader works, and that it has nothing related to the loader. (for example: "in this wii game, I can't use my wiimote, please fix it!". The loader can't affect game's behavior)
there are also users who report games not working "anymore" : I didn't change anything, it doesn't work anymore! please fix it! <-- best bug report ever lol

I don't have a donation link as I wouldn't want users to think they are paying for a feature.
I don't have a lot of free time, and I'm not dedicated to this project (even if I don't work on any other at the same time), but it's only because I miss free time. I don't feel like I deserve money for what I do.
It's a hobby, something I do in my free time, and I'm happy to help other users when I can. I don't want to see it as a job where I have to produce results. (and I'm a bad developer, I make mistakes and bugs, you wouldn't want to pay me for a bad job)

I'm also not in need of money, as I have a job. But with a job, less free time ! haha
I don't even have time to play games :cry:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, as I never installed cIOS on my vWii.
but it "should" work, as d2x alt is working with multi ports.

But it was developed with the Wii in mind, which has only two ports.
maybe on vWii, the front ports are working better than the back? anyone tested different combinations?

r52 : port0 (top rear). Working
r53 : port0 + port1 is reported as not working (no proper tests done?), port1 alone (bottom rear) or port2+port3 ?

WiinerMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so it seems that the autoboot issue is caused by the HID or USB controllers as if I have my official gc adapter for wiiu in it freezes my system during nintendont bootup whereas without it everything is normal

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so it seems that the autoboot issue is caused by the HID or USB controllers as if I have my official gc adapter for wiiu in it freezes my system during nintendont bootup whereas without it everything is normal
Yeah, that's my guess as well. USB Loader GX runs Nintendont perfectly with Autoboot using v2.303, but in v3.304 and up it breaks. This is on a setup with vWii drive in port 1 and Wii U drive in port 0. The only change that v3.304 added in startup was activating USB controllers in the main menu (the kernel loading on boot was already implemented in an earlier update, and GX handled it fine). I think that with this drive setup and with a USB controller attached, something happens between GX calling Nintendont and this new controller code that causes the crash. There's no errors when running Nintendont from HBC.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have only one HDD (preferably in port 0), the HID controllers are working fine?

The loader doesn't do anything to the HDD or the controllers (it doesn't even mount the controllers).
The loader is reloading IOS58, and launching nintendont with setting passed as arguments. I don't know if there's something preventing drives to shutdown when launching homebrew (maybe?), but I don't see why it would affect HID too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you disable autoboot, does it work?
testing different options/settings/setup is useful to narrow the issue.
try to test as much things as you can to be sure particular settings are not the cause, etc.
Exclude possibilities to find the cause (SD only no USB HDD connected, different settings, different game, different HID controllers, no HID connected/enabled, etc.)

WiinerMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've tried via SD card with a usb hard drive plugged in and no hard drive (with gc adapter plugged in) and both methods do not work with autoboot (However both scenarios do work without autoboot). Then I tried both scenarios without the gc adapter and autoboot on and it worked flawlessly. Hard drive is plugged into top rear port of wiiu and gc adapter in front two ports)

BTW thanks for all your hard work with the great loader. ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the tests :)

so, it affects only autoboot and HID combination.
HID is maybe not properly initalized in nintendont's autoboot function. It's maybe init outside if that loop.

With your tests, did you have only the Adapter connected, or did you had HID option enabled?
I suppose keeping the adapter connected but with HID option disabled, it works?

If you set Autoboot in nintendont, and launch it from HBC, does it happen too? (it should, as it's a nintendont issue)
If it does, then you can report that HID is not init correctly when using autoboot setting.

If it works fine from HBC+autoboot, then I don't know. I will have to check the setting format passed to nintendont.

WiinerMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried with both the HID option set to on and off and still the same result unfortunately (Only works if no adapter plugged in or autoboot off). Also strangely enough autoboot through nintendont on the homebrew channel works fine with the adapter in or out.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof