• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's just that you make a fixation on sonic and that you reported every little issues on every revisions only on that game.
it's not that fix94/we hate sonic, it's that you didn't let it go and was always there to re-report the issue on each revision, like if only this game required full attention, and he/we got annoyed by repeated reports while other games had issue too.

It's good to report issue and want to help, just try to not be too demanding too often. let it go a little, let the developers do what he can in the order he wants.
I'm sure it's not sonic he doesn't like, it's the way you acted to push always the same game on the front for things to be fixed.

what OriginalHamster meant is that you are now here to make demands/requests etc. and might end requesting too much/too often for things you want, while there are a lot of other things to do or fix too.
(tell me if I'm wrong)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
it's just that you make a fixation on sonic and that you reported every little issues on every revisions only on that game.
it's not that fix94/we hate sonic, it's that you didn't let it go and was always there to re-report the issue on each revision, like if only this game required full attention, and he/we got annoyed by repeated reports while other games had issue too.

It's good to report issue and want to help, just try to not be too demanding too often. let it go a little, let the developers do what he can in the order he wants.
I'm sure it's not sonic he doesn't like, it's the way you acted to push always the same game on the front for things to be fixed.

what OriginalHamster meant is that you are now here to make demands/requests etc. and might end requesting too much/too often for things you want, while there are a lot of other things to do or fix too.
(tell me if I'm wrong)
Well I always had this respect for you Cyan so I won't let myself feel offended by this, I'm starting to see why a lot of people leave this place nowadays, soon this community will be as bad as Sonic retro where new members and noobies are not welcome.

And you'd be wrong, actually, I was checking this topic regularly just the same as Ninbtendont, the only reason I posted more over there is because it's huge and there are new comments every minute but I try to help out, as for here there doesn't seem to be many issues and hardly anybody comments so i don't see a point to post, I did request some stuff from you in particular here and you always turned them down but I didn't demand anything, you didn't add an option to select a dol file within a gamecube game, you didn't add an option to run Wiiware games that are stored on the SD, and you don't want to add an option to disable the bios, it's all good, I didn't get mad or demand anything.

You know Cyan, I didn't wanna say this, but I didn't expect this kind of behavior from you, I always admired French for being very kind and helping and I still do, don't worry my respect for you hasn't changed, but if it bothers you then I won't report anything or test from now on, USB-Loader GX works great for me and so does Nintendont I really don't need to report anything anymore, all you guys needed to do is say it, you didn't need to make jokes about it -_-'

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
so you still don't understand why some people "hate" you.
When you repeat the same thing over and over, it is annoying, be it a general talk, request or demand.
To you, may be reporting the same sonic issue for every nintendont reversion is not repeating, but the devs clearly know what they have done to the revisions. They hadn't done anything on the issues yet, and then you say the revisions haven't fixed the issues - thats repeating and annoying.

After all, Fix did attend to the issues on his own schedule, right. Might be it would have been earlier had you not annoyed him.

Reactions: Troopage

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Adding dol selection for Gamecube : I didn't know gamecube had multiple dol, and wouldn't know how to code it. Finally Nintendont added proper multi-dol support, so it isn't/wasn't needed to add on the loader side.
- Running wiiware games stored on SD : I want to do this. I just don't know how yet. No loader are doing it either. Only YABDM can read SD card content. it's potentially possible to work on something based on this.
- I don't like the idea to have an option which copy/move the files. I find it not clean. if nintendont could add a proper setting I would gladly add it to USBLoaderGX. If nintendont never add it, I will see if I'll do the copy/swap file method.

I know you didn't get mad and demanding on USBLoaderGX, but you were on nintendont. I only explained why users don't like you, it's not Sonic which users hate, but the fact you were repeating the issue on every revision until it got fixed.

I'm open to requests, but I miss time and knowledge to add them properly.
I started a list of requests and bugs on the blog, as Google code don't have all of the reports I've read here.
It probably miss a lot of them, but I'll try to add them to the list to keep track of things to do. Users will know what is already known/requested.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I provided a test dol to two users, I'm waiting for result.
When I provide beta publicly, I have 60 users downloading it and 0 report...
So now I decided to ask who want to be a beta tester, and I send the dol to them ... and I still get 0 report ahaha

Ok, I get users have life (like me, I don't always work on the loader, that's why I'm so slow to release new revisions).
But I don't understand why users download beta if they don't intend to help.
Last beta I released publicly was a revert to r1218, why download it? it's NOT a new update, not a bugfix, not a hidden secret feature that you will get before everyone...
I need help and users with whom I can work, someone who understand how the loader and all the settings works so he can report issues the best way possible. so he understand what create the issue and already provides a solution.

I released beta test with "If you don't intend to help me, don't download!", but they are still downloading it :wacko:

Magnus : Did you have HDD issue with r1235?
I want someone to tell me if 1242 is working fine or if it has instability issue like r1235.
I didn't have issue with 1235, so I don't know if 1242 is good or bad.
I updated libFAT and compile with devkitPPC r27 so it takes more size, I don't know if the file size is an issue with memory.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, i have a wii (4.2) with CRT TV component cable and Wii U (last Firmware) LED TV with HDMI both with a 2TB Western Digital (Fat/NTFS).... let me try to help you.... I no have any issue with 1241... for now... i am a single user....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you.
But for the current test, I want users who had a specific issue with r1235 and know what it looks like.
1235 was dangerous (two users lost their HDD data), so I wouldn't want users who are not familiar with that issue to test and lose his data again.

In case a user want to try 1235 anyway (for curiosity to see what was the issue), don't write to HDD. Don't install game, don't dump NAND, etc.

Reactions: Onanghy

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the issue was random.
I don't know what caused it, and why only some users experienced it.

I didn't have the issue myself, or else I could have debug/not released it like that.
That's why I'm asking users who had the issue to test new beta, as I don't have issue but maybe they will have one.
I'm now afraid of releasing potentially dangerous builds :(

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
for a long time, nobody cared to create a list for EmuNAND compatibility.
Everyone want one, but nobody help.

So, I created the page, now it's up to the users to edit it to help other users:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_EmuNAND_Channel_Compatibility_List

EmuNAND is not "not working", it only requires a specific setup.
For example, N64 games require rev19 base38, NOT d2x.
so, please, fill the correct information based on your tests.

Tosnic:
Thanks for the report.
It's strange that forwarders launched from the loader can't boot HDD. the forwarder should re-init the HDD itself.
I'll see if I can do anything about it, but I don't promise anything. (lack of time)

Did you try with r1217 like asked in the thread you linked?
users have the wrong habit to report bugs and disappear without helping fix the issue.
To fix bugs, I need more informations and tests, like "does it break only recently, or did it always act like that?"

Cyan
Hi, I was one of the users that had problems with r1235 (I believe? The one that corrupted my HDD)
Anyways, I thought I'd try your loader again.
Is it stable enough? Has there been any reports of corruption or something like that? I'm TERRIFIED about the possibility of losing everything again...
Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you know of a way of launching launching games like Castlevania rebirth from within your loader (I'm aware of neek2o even though I'm not sure if there's such a thing for vWii yet) But I want to have a "centralized" hub for everything... N64 VC games, Wiiware etc without the need of intalling them to the NAND.
Is it possible? Could you help me with that?
Also, on the topic is there a way to delete channels from emunand (channel like the HBC or the loader forwarder etc) WITHOUT resorting to Showmiiwads (I'm not sure which ones to delete etc) cause they're kinda occupying space in USBLOADER GX for no reason at all.
Thank you for your time and help.
Please, keep improving an already awesome loader.

**EDIT** Already figured out the way to delete emunand channels. Uninstall them from within the loader.
Is that safe? Could I mess up the emunand that way?

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan I am having a strange issue in the unstable version where It sometimes corrupts my game list and adds random blank titles that crash usbloader. Is happening now almost every time I add a new game, Do you by chance have an improved version yet?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I provided a test dol to two users, I'm waiting for result.
When I provide beta publicly, I have 60 users downloading it and 0 report...
So now I decided to ask who want to be a beta tester, and I send the dol to them ... and I still get 0 report ahaha

Ok, I get users have life (like me, I don't always work on the loader, that's why I'm so slow to release new revisions).
But I don't understand why users download beta if they don't intend to help.
Last beta I released publicly was a revert to r1218, why download it? it's NOT a new update, not a bugfix, not a hidden secret feature that you will get before everyone...
I need help and users with whom I can work, someone who understand how the loader and all the settings works so he can report issues the best way possible. so he understand what create the issue and already provides a solution.

I released beta test with "If you don't intend to help me, don't download!", but they are still downloading it :wacko:

I want someone to tell me if 1242 is working fine or if it has instability issue like r1235.
I updated libFAT and compile with devkitPPC r27 so it takes more size, I don't know if the file size is an issue with memory.
I did get back to you so don't blame me for this, if you didn't want my help you didn't have to send me a PM with the beta, like I said, from my testing it worked perfectly fine, but it's up to you if you want to take my word for it or not >:C

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I did get back to you so don't blame me for this, if you didn't want my help you didn't have to send me a PM with the beta, like I said, from my testing it worked perfectly fine, but it's up to you if you want to take my word for it or not >:C

lol, you are quite a sensitive person.
All Cyan asked is someone who have problem with 1235 to test a new dol
If you don't have problem with 1235 to begin with, then you are "not qualify"
If you do have problem with 1235 and the new test dol is working fine, then it is 1 report and Cyan should follow up with more questions to you.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Now Im using r1241 with a SandDisk Cruzer 8GB (ALL WBFS) and I dont have any issue.
Gamecube games are in SD Card and also any issue

Do you want to downgrade to r1235 and test it?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Different post for a different issue.
No double post here.
Wiiu/vWii user here.
If I launch a GC game from USBLOADER GX and then quit by pressing the home button in CCP it obviously takes me to the System Menu. So far so good.
But If I try to launch a different game or even the same one it displays in widescreen even though I have Wiiu Widescreen off.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening? That is, I want to keep the video settings in between games without having to turn off/on the Wiiu.
Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sideskroll:
Only 1235 had stability issue.
1239 and 1241 are fine.

You can delete channels using the internal game deletion menu.
it will delete only games and files from the EmuNAND path.

There's currently no way to launch castlevania from this loader.
I've read neek2o for vWii is work in progress and should be released. But I don't know who is working on it or if it's true.
Neek for vWii is possible, so you can launch neek manually (for example, launch Nswitch channel or homebrew from USBLoaderGX) instead of selecting the game which will launch neek2o and autoboot that game.

Cyan I am having a strange issue in the unstable version where It sometimes corrupts my game list and adds random blank titles that crash usbloader. Is happening now almost every time I add a new game, Do you by chance have an improved version yet?
In the unstable version? You mean r1235?
You shouldn't use that version, even less to write to disk (hdd, sd, Nand, etc.)
update internally to 1239, or manually to 1241.

Sorry, I never saw your reply. I just went to that PM and see that you edited your PM to add a reply instead of posting a new reply, so I never got an alert that you replied.

So, thank you for all the test you did. It seems stable, so I will release my r1242.
You didn't notice any changes because there weren't visual changes, it's only a library update. But as the file is bigger, I was afraid it would become unstable, like 1235 was (as I suspected either RAM issue or file size).

Magnus87:
If you decide to downgrade to test 1235, look at the HDD free space size, if the text is corrupted (wrong letters) then you have the issue.
Don't write anything to the drives, don't launch games, install/delete files etc. while using 1235.
But don't downgrade if you don't want to take the risk.

sideskroll:
what is CCP?
when you exit a gamecube game, I guess it reloads USBLoaderGX by launching the forwarder.
The vWii is setting Widescreen automatically for channels with TitleID which doesn't match Virtual console's ID.
I didn't know it forced widescreen even if you didn't use widescreen setting.

If it takes you to system menu instead of returning to USBGX, you probably don't have the forwarder channel, or you didn't set "return to" to that channel in the loader's settings.
How are you launching USBGX? always from the forwarder or always from hbc?
I thought USBGX autodetected the widescreen setting.
You can switch the widescreen in settings>features, but it's not a saved setting, you need to do it everytime you need it.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan Does that version support usb HID for the gamecube adapter and wiiu widescreen for gamecube? That is why I had the old version installed in the first place. r1235 was probably it. I remember you posting it and saying to use at your own risk more or less lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1235 is the one with PS3 controller support from USB.
This is what caused the instability, so I removed PS3 support.

Widescreen setting is still in the latest revision.

I won't add HID for the gamecube adapter, as PS3 alone was already unstable I don't want to work on that feature anymore. even if I decide to add it, I don't even have the adapter to test myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16