• Replies 29,378
  • Likes 48

DropDead14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed hermes 5.1 on my wii in order to try and get my external hard drive to work with my wii to play games but it partially works. I installed hermes 5.1 with these ios
  • IOS222 with base IOS38
  • IOS223 with base IOS37
  • IOS224 with base IOS57
  • IOS202 with base IOS60
then changed the settings on usb loader gx for it. But only ios 202 works but when i load the game i just get a black screen then goes to homebrew channel. The rest of the IOS's dont work

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed hermes 5.1 on my wii in order to try and get my external hard drive to work with my wii to play games but it partially works. I installed hermes 5.1 with these ios
  • IOS222 with base IOS38
  • IOS223 with base IOS37
  • IOS224 with base IOS57
  • IOS202 with base IOS60
then changed the settings on usb loader gx for it. But only ios 202 works but when i load the game i just get a black screen then goes to homebrew channel. The rest of the IOS's dont work
what did you use to install the cIOS?

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has someone successfully get to launch ULGX, nintendont, while having a Wii U formatted USB device attached?

I don't own a WiiU to test it with if you do why don't you test it with a blank drive use a linux live CD/DVD like Ubuntu to see what kind of drive it becomes when the WiiU formats it if it becomes unreadable through windows who knows it may even format and use it as a Raw Disk

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you really want Port1/plug and play support, then use v10-alt but with EmuNAND limitation (I don't really know which issue it's causing, users are starting a compatibility list on Wiki to compare cIOS compatibility).

I'm using v10 alt b53, and (partial) emuNAND is working like it should. There is only a few wiiware games that crash with that revision, from what I remember : MotoHeroz, Castlevania (normal behavior for a game that is NOT compatible at all with emuNAND), not that bad for a "broken emuNAND" cIOS :moogle:

(Maybe it's worst with full emuNAND, but with partial emuNAND, it rocks !)

The best one is obviously rev17 (thanks waninkoko) and should be on any wii for emuNAND, when d2x v10 b53 fails (it just needs to put emuNAND in the root and of course waninkoko's original installer can't be used because it doesn't let us use another slot than 249/250).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used Waninkoko's installer, it installed and replaced both slot249+250.
I then dumped the slot to Wad using BlueDump (use YetAnotherBlueDumpMod now), then you can edit the destination slot easily on your computer, for example ShowMiiWads lets you do it. reinstall d2x and install the waninkoko's wad manually using a wad manager.

I've read a lot that beta53 has less emuNAND compatibility, but never had a real proof of it or a definitive list of affected games.
I hope the newly created wiki compat page will help determine if beta53 really has less compatibility than beta52.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan can you please explain this to me because I'm confused, since you're working on neek2o what does it exactly do? would it help getting Wiiware titles that don't work in EmuNAND to run from the USB?

btw I still can't get We Dare to run unless I hit reset on the console, anybody has this game can help me get the settings right to get this to work without needing to restart the game every time I run it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, that's exactly what it's used for : play Wiiware/VC/Wii games not working on current NAND or EmuNAND. (we dare, Castlevania, bonsai barber, tintin, etc.)
neek2o is a mod of sneek/uneek.
it allows auto-boot of games when the *neek is launched

The advantage is to be used by USBLoaders by telling which game neek has to autoboot.
USBGX -> "We dare" please -> launch Neek2o -> neek2o launches We dare without seeing the system menu -> game works fine as it's running on *neek -> exit game -> return to USBLoaderGX

I didn't started editing code to add it yet.
You can see my blog to find what I'm doing (not a lot. I need to work on HDD detection issue).

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, that's exactly what it's used for : play Wiiware/VC/Wii games not working on current NAND or EmuNAND. (we dare, Castlevania, bonsai barber, tintin, etc.)
neek2o is a mod of sneek/uneek.
it allows auto-boot of games when the *neek is launched

The advantage is to be used by USBLoaders by telling which game neek has to autoboot.
USBGX -> "We dare" please -> launch Neek2o -> neek2o launches We dare without seeing the system menu -> game works fine as it's running on *neek -> exit game -> return to USBLoaderGX

I didn't started editing code to add it yet.
You can see my blog to find what I'm doing (not a lot. I need to work on HDD detection issue).

So are you saying that neek2o is trying to add support for wiiware and vc titles that just don't work in emunand? for example like the freeze at start screen issue for bejeweled 2.
isn't the auto-boot feature only for neek2o+DI though?

xantam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only got a WBFS formatted HDD connected and i installed Zelda WW from Disc.

Where does USB Loader GX put the grabbed ISO file?

I can launch Zelda from the launcher just fine, just wanna know where the file is.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's the purpose of neek2o.
The autoboot doesn't require "di" for channels, only if you want to emulate your disc drive (to launch mounted wbfs ISO using neek environment, to play games like Tintin, driver, etc.)

Ah, because, neek2o adds wbfs support to neek.
sneek and Uneek only support FST (extracted games to files/folders), while neek2o support wbfs files from FAT32 partition.

I know it's a feature long awaited by users, but still didn't start coding it yet.
I only read information to learn how it works and understand what I need to do.

I only got a WBFS formatted HDD connected and i installed Zelda WW from Disc.
Where does USB Loader GX put the grabbed ISO file?
I can launch Zelda from the launcher just fine, just wanna know where the file is.
I merged your message in the correct thread.
You posted your question in a 2012 thread which wasn't even related to your question...

With WBFS partition format, there's no file system so there's no location for your file.
You can't see your file without using a program to analyze your WBFS partition.
use Wii Backup Manager to manage your games installed on this partition, OR don't use WBFS partition anymore and convert it to FAT32 using the program in my signature.

With FAT32 or NTFS:
When you dump a Wii game, it's copied to usb:/wbfs/Game Title [GameID]/GameID.wbfs
When you dump a Gamecube game, it's copied to "gamecube main path":/games/Game Title [GameID]/game.iso

the "gamecube main path" can be set in the settings>user paths menu

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I know how to do it.
I just need time to code all the functions and menus.

I was only wondering how the "automatic return to" to exit neek when exiting game was working.
It probably require an installed NSwitch channel on neek.

I don't know how Nswitch is working yet, I always thought it reboot the console.
But maybe it doesn't really reboot it and will allow reloading a channel on realNAND to go back to the loader.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from what I know about Nswitch it is required on both nands to function properly you can boot an emunand without having NSwitch installed to the emunand but you are forced to shut down the console before returning to the real nand.
I don't know Wii source code I can read source code and get a basic understanding of what is going on but I don't know most of the functions, or I would offer my assistance, this is why I stick to beta testing :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it's really short.
1. set nintendont as default gamecube loader (settings>loader settings>gamecube mode : nintendont)
2. update nintendont to latest version (settings>features>update nintendont)
1. insert a GC disc and either : launch the disc, or install it to HDD and run it like a wii game.

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) majority of my games installed don't have banners when i load them so i can't tell what games they are.
2) when i try to load them regardless of not having a banner, the launcher doesn't do anything. music still plays, things still move, cursor still works, but i can't select anything / go back to the home menu.
3) when i replaced the ppcboot.elf with the one in the bootmii folder, my wii just doesn't start up at all.
4) absolutely no banners for ANY wiiware or VC title.

is this all normal stuff? :( using r1239 (i was using the latest version, but these issues still occurred.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to