• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it could help, be sure to provide the revision number too (and I hope it's not a beta/mod, as I don't keep debug files for them).
I would report the code dump to whoever compiled the beta/mod, their source files may be different then yours.

i'm not using abz mod anymore I switched back to your beta revisions when you fixed the huge memory issues, I figured out it was specifically only present with fat32 devices not ntfs devices where all my Wii games are stored, even abz 1234 build had the fat32 space free issue, for me it was like this "7r.xx GB of 148 GB Free" instead of "74.xx GB of 148 GB Free". the error didn't cause my drive any issues with loading games.

I haven't seen a code dump in the latest revisions last time I noticed it was in 1233 haven't seen one since, if I get one i'll let you know

Also I want to start making the pre-compiled problematic Per-Game/Channel settings how would I go about this? are the game specific settings saved to a file for that specific title or is it one file with all settings for different games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's one file with all game settings inside (one game per line)
you can find the game setting file in the loader's folder.

but it won't be easy for users to use that setting file, as it will overwrite their own settings, unless they edit the file manually.
there's no easy way to make pre-configured settings.
It can be coded, but I don't plan to work on something like that. I have other priorities

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's one file with all game settings inside (one game per line)
you can find the game setting file in the loader's folder.

but it won't be easy for users to use that setting file, as it will overwrite their own settings, unless they edit the file manually.
there's no easy way to make pre-configured settings.
It can be coded, but I don't plan to work on something like that. I have other priorities
I know you have other things to work on that's why I decided to do it.

Is there a way you can make it so there's a user's custom settings and the predefined settings for problematic games?

essentially what I want to do is set all problematic games I can get rid of custom settings for games to work properly with my setup.
take Samurai Warriors 3 for example it doesn't play in progressive or 16:9, the only way the game can be played past the save game selection screen is by forcing NTSC or PAL50i with a 4:3 aspect ratio forced.

So my goal really is to have games that have issues like this one with the proper settings already applied so the end user doesn't have to come to a forum site ask questions about what settings need to be applied.
The only time an end user should need to visit a forum is when those general settings don't work for their setup.

for example like my issues with playing the PAL version of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, it only plays in 50hz Video Mode but the PAL Resolution and the NTSC Resolution are different, So in order to get the game to play properly on my NTSC console I needed to use Video Mode: Region Patch;DOL Video Patch: All. Thank you again for the help with those settings by the way, It made the game resolution a tad bit smaller then my TV screen size while being able to be played in 480p mode.

Reactions: GreenBanana

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a lot of bug report/suggestions/questions lately !
That's great to see this thread and project active, but I'm a little left behind with available time.
I can work on it only little by little, and can't make all the things you want. (sorry)

don't install old revision to slot249 if you don't know the differences between old and new.
keep the current cIOS in slot249
install a new cIOS (rev19 base38 or 56 or 57 etc.) in a free slot (for example in slot 248).

rev17 :
Wii games need to be on WBFS partition (not on FAT32 or NTFS)
doesn't work with 4k drives
Doesn't work with Block IOS Reload, doesn't work the same way with return to loader (some games will not work, like prince of persia forgotten sand if you use "return to")
EmuNAND need to be on root (it doesn't work in folder)
EmuNAND need to be on the first partition of the drive (not partition selection possible)
and I don't remember what else, check the changelog of the cIOS or USBLoaderGX changelog on the first post.

I never said that! installing cIOS into emuNAND will have NO effect at all.
No, it doesn't make sense. don't install cIOS into emuNAND.

Ah, ok, I thought it might be loading it from emunand so installing there made sense to me. I guess I'll just keep things as they are anyway, since it's just N64 games.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I know you have other things to work on that's why I decided to do it.

Is there a way you can make it so there's a user's custom settings and the predefined settings for problematic games?

essentially what I want to do is set all problematic games I can get rid of custom settings for games to work properly with my setup.
take Samurai Warriors 3 for example it doesn't play in progressive or 16:9, the only way the game can be played past the save game selection screen is by forcing NTSC or PAL50i with a 4:3 aspect ratio forced.

So my goal really is to have games that have issues like this one with the proper settings already applied so the end user doesn't have to come to a forum site ask questions about what settings need to be applied.
The only time an end user should need to visit a forum is when those general settings don't work for their setup.

for example like my issues with playing the PAL version of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, it only plays in 50hz Video Mode but the PAL Resolution and the NTSC Resolution are different, So in order to get the game to play properly on my NTSC console I needed to use Video Mode: Region Patch;DOL Video Patch: All. Thank you again for the help with those settings by the way, It made the game resolution a tad bit smaller then my TV screen size while being able to be played in 480p mode.

Not to discourage you, but I still think a wiki type of list (or something like the Dolphin Wii/GC emulater's compatibility list) is better.

At first, I also though this may be a good idea if only Cyan is not so busy, but when you really started, I though about it more and these come right to my mind.

Different users have different setup:

Console regions (there is only a few regions so you may create a few versions of configure, no big deal)

different cables (composite, component, hdmi, RGB etc - I don't think its easy to detect them. Even if UBSloadergx can detect the cabling type, you need to add more codes to deal with them)

different CIOS/base (if everyone use the de-facto standard of 249base56 and 250base57, then its simple but what if noobs that still use outdated CIOS and alien bases? UBSLoadergx can detect CIOS but as above, you need more codes just to tell the users to install proper CIOS)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to discourage you, but I still think a wiki type of list (or something like the Dolphin Wii/GC emulater's compatibility list) is better.

At first, I also though this may be a good idea if only Cyan is not so busy, but when you really started, I though about it more and these come right to my mind.

Different users have different setup:

Console regions (there is only a few regions so you may create a few versions of configure, no big deal)

different cables (composite, component, hdmi, RGB etc - I don't think its easy to detect them. Even if UBSloadergx can detect the cabling type, you need to add more codes to deal with them)

different CIOS/base (if everyone use the de-facto standard of 249base56 and 250base57, then its simple but what if noobs that still use outdated CIOS and alien bases? UBSLoadergx can detect CIOS but as above, you need more codes just to tell the users to install proper CIOS)

I was thinking about the same thing actually but what I thought about was doing zip packages that can be provided for console regions for games that belong to that region the per-game settings file uses ID6 tags for game settings. might even be possible to do all regions in one file.

all I want to provide is a base to get the game working on most setups if editing for a users specific setup is needed that would be left up to the user like it is now

Duke Shirehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[quote="

Duke Shirehill :
I don't understand all you want to do or why you can't do it.
You might miss something.
Follow a softmod guide to be sure your console is correctly hacked.
try other USBLoaders (wiiflow or cfg loader) to be sure your console is correctly hacked.[/quote]

CYAN

ok now I've done about everything and install all programs again and iOS.

concluded that it is only the HBC by letter bomb and USB Loder gx, by sd, temporary, not the canal. all other programs and ios turn off the black controller, so instalationen not feasible.

so how do I proceed to run the programs that make it possible to run regional free games, game downloads, from the hard disk.
on the black wii with 4.3 e.

have tried many different options from many different apps.

would appreciate suggestions on how I go about implementing this. and links to the programs that you can download. I promise to make a guid how to lykas implement this on the black we 4,3e

the problem of temporary usb Loder GX is that it did not find the hard drive.

have changed hard disk to WBFS partition, with the Wii Game Manager
do you have any experience with the program.

I have bestält a white controller from China, the delivery time 45 days

Thanks in advance

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do NOT follow youtube tutorial.
they are old and wrong, and bad.
do not use WBFS partition, do not use Wii game manager.

Use FAT32 and Wii backup Manager.

Acidflare:
I think it's better to make a wiki compatibility list for problematic games (tintin, driver SF, etc.)
you can make a list at the same time if you want, but a wiki is a better priority.
it's easier find a list with the single game you want to play and set the specified settings.
Not every users want have 1000+ games on their library and they don't want a full game setup. just a single info for a single game they want to play -> wiki -> set ratio to 4:3 ? ok ! done :D

It will prevent your full setup to be too much specific, for example if you are on NTSC console, you don't know if you need to set a special video mode for a NTSC game, so you should leave video mode to "use global", but use global will probably not work for other users if their global is different.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please make a "dark" theme for the USB Loader GX tab mod if anyone has time? I just think it's a nice touch...

It's not that important but it looks nice, plus the text got a bit messed up for some reason...

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Acidflare:
I think it's better to make a wiki compatibility list for problematic games (tintin, driver SF, etc.)
you can make a list at the same time if you want, but a wiki is a better priority.
it's easier find a list with the single game you want to play and set the specified settings.
Not every users want have 1000+ games on their library and they don't want a full game setup. just a single info for a single game they want to play -> wiki -> set ratio to 4:3 ? ok ! done :D

It will prevent your full setup to be too much specific, for example if you are on NTSC console, you don't know if you need to set a special video mode for a NTSC game, so you should leave video mode to "use global", but use global will probably not work for other users if their global is different.

I've never done a Wiki before but If you guys think a wiki would be better i'll do that, the only reason why I wanted to have it as a package was for games that require an interlaced video mode, everyone now a days usually uses progressive or a vWii. So for those games that require 50Hz or 480i that could be set but mind you it can only be done for games in the systems same region for that to work, with a wiki it is a tad bit easier to setup the settings.

Although cyan you could edit the credits page of USB Loader GX after the wiki is put up to tell users where to go for solving issues with problematic games or I can see if I can put together a WiiBrowser shortcut that leads to that page although the WiiBrowser often has issues, I would have to check it's compatibility with the wiki page when is all setup to know for sure if it can be done.

Duke Shirehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

but you just said a few posts like this, and now, here

Wii games need to be on WBFS partition (not on FAT32 or NTFS)
doesn't work with 4k drives

you have lost me.

can someone answer this

ok now I've done about everything and install all programs again and iOS.

concluded that it is only the HBC by letter bomb and USB Loder gx, by sd, temporary, not the canal. all other programs and ios turn off the black controller, so instalationen not feasible.

so how do I proceed to run the programs that make it possible to run regional free games, game downloads, from the hard disk.
on the black wii with 4.3 e.

have tried many different options from many different apps.

would appreciate suggestions on how I go about implementing this. and links to the programs that you can download. I promise to make a guid how to lykas implement this on the black we 4,3e

the problem of temporary usb Loder GX is that it did not find the hard drive.

have changed hard disk to WBFS partition, with the Wii Game Manager
do you have any experience with the program.

I have bestält a white controller from China, the delivery time 45 days

Thanks in advance

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the user asked me about restriction of the OLD cIOS. (revision 17) so I explained that OLD cIOS worked only with WBFS partition, not with FAT32.
don't use OLD hacks or softmod or guide.

follow recent and updated tutorial, don't use WBFS partitions.
This thread is not the best place to get help about softmoding the console, there are other threads and guides on the forum for beginners.
But I really don't understand why it's hard for you.

1. download modmii
2. tell "I want to hack my wii"
3. modmii generate all the files and a tutorial.
4. follow the tutorial
5. ...
6. profit

If your drive is not detected, use another HDD.

Acidflare:
before creating a wiki, let me know what you need, how many columns, etc.
for example : title, region, USBGX version, comment ? (maybe the version is not needed, maybe you want a different column, etc.) and I can create the page and layout for you.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acidflare:
before creating a wiki, let me know what you need, how many columns, etc.
for example : title, region, USBGX version, comment ? (maybe the version is not needed, maybe you want a different column, etc.) and I can create the page and layout for you.

Sounds good to me I created a wikitemp account a few hours ago i'll look at how the columns are sorted and decide on what needs to be displayed i'll post it here so that other users may say what they think would be best too, unless you think that a different thread would be best for that, this thread is for development of USB Loader GX after all. The new thread would be for Game/Channel compatibility with USB Loader GX users can then post there the new configurations they find that can be updated to the Wiki Table

Edit #1 New idea
I'll probably use openoffice to make the wiki at first in a spread sheet i'll upload the spreadsheet to mediafire for other users to access and add their own configurations to get the wiki started

Edit #2 Another Idea
There should be multiple tables for different console regions and different tables for games played on a console that don't belong to the console region ie. PAL game on NTSC-U console Or multiple wiki pages should be made for each region and cross-region. I would say a Wiki page for each console region would be best as so that the wiki page doesn't get too long and take a long time to load.

I'm open for peoples suggestions after all it wouldn't be community driven if I wasn't

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there or will there be any support for the gamecube adapter in GX for vWii?
No, I don't plan to add HID support. last time I added USB controller support it was bad (2 users lost their HDD content, and the loader was irresponsible and acting strange)

Magnus87 :
I'm also using FAT32 + WBFS partition. (I did it like that when USBloaders were released, and never changed it, it works fine enough for me).

Reactions: Magnus87

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magnus87 :
I'm also using FAT32 + WBFS partition. (I did it like that when USBloaders were released, and never changed it, it works fine enough for me).

Is there a disadvantage for using NTFS? I'm currently using NTFS for Wii, and fat32 for GC, but I don't write anything to NTFS using the Wii since I know writing is a bit problematic.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a disadvantage for using NTFS? I'm currently using NTFS for Wii, and fat32 for GC, but I don't write anything to NTFS using the Wii since I know writing is a bit problematic.

I haven't noticed a single difference. I used to have my USB drive on WBFS, then FAT32, and now NTFS. Since I have a 32GB SDHC in my Wii, my USB drive is dedicated to my Wii backups. I haven't noticed a drop in performance. I can't comment on USB Loader GX writing to the drive while using NTFS as my disc drive is currently dead.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NTFS writing is fine. performance should be the same for wii games. you can use split wbfs files on NTFS too, and ISO has no advantage except wasted space or keeping ISO for future game patches or Dolphin emu.

the only disadventage is homebrew support. most homebrew and features will require FAT32 (for example Homebrew Channel, EmuNAND, emulators, media players, gamecube, etc.)
But if you have a FAT32 partition too, then you are fine.

Just be careful that some homebrew require FAT32 to be located on the first partition (DIOS MIOS), or being the first primary and NTFS in front of FAT can be logical partition (DIOS MIOS too).
Nintendont seems to find the first FAT32 primary partition of the device, even if there are other Primary formated partition first.
I updated the partition order and type detection for DM/Nin for r1241.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?