• Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to play SM64 VC via emunand and when ever I hit the reset button via the home button menu, my Wii controller turns off and I have to restart my Wii. Any suggestions? It works with other VC games.

Edit: Resetting in any N64 games does not work

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to play SM64 VC via emunand and when ever I hit the reset button via the home button menu, my Wii controller turns off and I have to restart my Wii. Any suggestions? It works with other VC games.

Edit: Resetting in any N64 games does not work

Yeah- reset doesn't work in cIOS based EmuNAND. I think it'll work in Sneek/Uneek Nand but I've never bothered because all the games I want play fine via cIOS EmuNAND.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah- reset doesn't work in cIOS based EmuNAND. I think it'll work in Sneek/Uneek Nand but I've never bothered because all the games I want play fine via cIOS EmuNAND.

return to is only in Neek software for emunand, you can try installing system menu 4.3 of your region to the emunand and try it again I had some VC/WW titles that required the system menu to be installed to the emunand for it to work properly

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
return to is only in Neek software for emunand, you can try installing system menu 4.3 of your region to the emunand and try it again I had some VC/WW titles that required the system menu to be installed to the emunand for it to work properly

I had best result with Postloader as an emunand title launcher

Opps I meant to edit my previous post

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
i've tested Abz DS3 mod I couldn't get the DS3 controller to work but I don't see any error's with his 1234 build not even a nintendon't error. 1233 was and is stable I didn't have any issues what so ever I was prepared to downgrade back to 1233 if Abz 1234 build didn't work out

One thing I would like to see added to USB Loader GX is JoostinOnline's battery percentage display code from his powercheck application, I pressed the home button in a game earlier saw a red bar, same thing in USB Loader GX. So I go to powercheck and it's at 38%, i'm using Duracell Quantum batteries so I pulled them out and what do you know when I check the battery meter it's at roughly 40%

1234-mod in my sig is stable for you?
it's very stable here and I can use the DS3 just fine along with all other controllers
I tested it using DS3 2 wiimotes and 1 GC controller and everything worked as expected
the banners are showing just fine and game launching works too.
Are you sure about DS3 thing, can you please redownload and test it again

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1234-mod in my sig is stable for you?
it's very stable here and I can use the DS3 just fine along with all other controllers
I tested it using DS3 2 wiimotes and 1 GC controller and everything worked as expected
the banners are showing just fine and game launching works too.
Are you sure about DS3 thing, can you please redownload and test it again

Yes it is very stable. Unless I need the .patch file that was in the archive(I just copied the boot.dol) then I don't know what I am doing wrong does D2X version matter? I have beta 52 installed to 249 as well as it set as the boot ios for usb loader gx but I also can't get it to work with nintendont aswell

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Yes it is very stable. Unless I need the .patch file that was in the archive(I just copied the boot.dol) then I don't know what I am doing wrong does D2X version matter? I have beta 52 installed to 249 as well as it set as the boot ios for usb loader gx but I also can't get it to work with nintendont aswell
the patch is not needed,
did you try it with my nintendont mod?

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it isn't possible to EmuNand then? What IOS should I install the SM64 wad on to if I just want to install it on to the normal nand? Im not sure if I used the terminology correctly there, but Im sure you guys understand what Im asking :P

Edit: That was 4:00AM me. Now that it is 1PM I have re-read it and understand what was said. Thanks guys haha.:lol:

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the patch is not needed,
did you try it with my nintendont mod?

I have been using your nintendon-t mods since you started the thread havent found a need to use the original builds. I like the Dios-Mios style loading when pairing USB Loader GX and Nintendon-t Using USB Loader Themes.
I can't seem to get the DS3 controller to work in nintendon-t it detects it sets it to player one but nothing responds WiiMote is set to controller 2.
I wanted to use my DS3 for Super Mario Sunshine considering with the CCPro theres no pressure sensitivity for ZR and the DS3 has pressurized buttons and triggers. Super Mario Sunshine needs the pressure sensitivity to play the game properly, could adding the "L" Button as a Pressure modifier on the ClassicControllerPro work?
So I figured it would make the best Gamecube replacement controller but I I can't get it to work

My Wii sits standing up to be able to go online with SSBB. usb hard drive on the left port DS3 on the right port, this is correct right?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
it doesn't matter so Ds3 not working with nintendont? but ok in USBL-GX using 1234mod?
I play all my nintendont games using the Ds3 so I can assure it works just fine.
I suggest you download latest controllers.zip via the update menuu and use hid option on (in game setting)
then I'm sure it will work just fine

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it doesn't matter so Ds3 not working with nintendont? but ok in USBL-GX using 1234mod?
I play all my nintendont games using the Ds3 so I can assure it works just fine.
I suggest you download latest controllers.zip via the update menuu and use hid option on (in game setting)
then I'm sure it will work just fine

I can't get it to work in either Nintendont or your USBLGX 1234mod, I had used the download latest controllers.zip function in nintendont through the homebrew channel but it didn't do anything

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tested freshly downloaded boot.dol's and nothing works with my DS3. how is it supposed to be setup just plug and play? Do I need a specific version of d2x? I am so confused as to how to get to to respond

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey Cyan, once again need your help, using 1235_v3, I tested some Wii games with partial emunand, I store some saves on emunand, I don't recall having preblems before but now ULGX doesn't apply my emusaves, only the ones stored in real nand, the path to emunand is correct, I imported my saves to emunand and they are correctly stored, I checked they were there through SaveManagerGX, I wonder why it ignore the saves on emunand.

BTW: those games are not the ones having problems with enunand saves as Pokemon Wonder Something. They used to work fine before.

Could be related to my recent problem to write into the HDD? Actually I'm not able to download my covers to HDD, so I change the path to SD, I really don't know what happened, other apps like WiiXplorer allows writte into my HDD.

I'm on Wii U here.
Tested UStealth hide/unhide HDD, same result...
ISO reading is working fine.

anyone :c

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry, no idea right now.
a lot of things seems broken in few latest revisions (since 1219?), and I don't understand why.
It will require more time to debug everything.

r1219 is the revision which re-added priority to cIOS instead of IOS58 at launch.

Things to test/recent bug report:
- HDD freezing at launch on initialize USB screen : please test different build and find first broken revision. (1219 seems broken. Please try newer versions too)
- banner preview on banner layout are disappearing : (it seems to happen only if gamecube on SD are listed. If loading from USB the bug is not present). Don't know which revision started this bug.
- Text corruption bug : seem to be in r1235, but a user reported it in 1233 too?
- Game listing order is strange : unknown revision too. (could be a symptom of 1235 memory issue)
- saving issue when playing channels on NAND or wii games using Partial EmuNAND. (maybe UStealth? d2x beta52/53 not compatible with FAT32+UStealth)
- return to loader from EmuNAND results in blackscreen (not sure, it could be a forwarder issue, or related to USB init issue).
- can't download covers to hdd (but working on SD)
- Settings not passed to nintendont ?

Edit:
Should I add UStealth detection for EmuNAND?
I don't know if the d2x v10 mod has a new name or version to detect it.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok, got emuNAND working again (tested only emuNAND saves), the problem was UStealth being enabled on my HDD, installed d2x-v10-vWii including AirLine FAT.app module, so at least it's not a problem with ULGX (1235_v3)
Still no luck in finding out why I can't download covers to my HDD, they download just fine when the path is to SD... Will test with oldest rev that I did remember work, report back soon.

It seems the whole problem was related to UStealth and ULGX unable to writte stuff on the HDD when it was hidden. Now can download covers to my HDD again.

EDIT: AirLine just modded one module in the .app folder (FAT.app) of d2x, it works exactly the same as normal d2x, shouldn't be detection problems. So far it seems only works with d2x-v10-vWii, as -alt version doesn't contain FAT.app

Reactions: Cyan

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah but it should with nintendont, unless usb loader gx is not giving it the right access

can you set loader cios to 58 and try it out
oh and btw you did press the PS button right?
:)

Yes I pressed the PS Button, I would have been nice to know it doesn't work with 249 but why nintendont doesn't work with it I don't know, maybe due to USB Loader GX writing nintendont's config?

Edit: Still Won't work :(

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry, no idea right now.
a lot of things seems broken in few latest revisions (since 1219?), and I don't understand why.
It will require more time to debug everything.

r1219 is the revision which re-added priority to cIOS instead of IOS58 at launch.

Things to test/recent bug report:
- HDD freezing at launch on initialize USB screen : please test different build and find first broken revision. (1219 seems broken. Please try newer versions too)
- Text corruption bug : seem to be in r1235, but a user reported it in 1233 too?

Incorrect Text can also be caused due to fragmented files and semaphore timeout periods, keep this in mind I had this issue with 3.0 stable.
HDD Freezing at launch on "Initialize USB" message i've noticed this since 1221 didn't notice it before it, I used a Y-Cable it solved my issue with that, also powering down the Wii removing the power cord and starting again made the error go away

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay