• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that usb loader gx shows 'update nintendont' when opened from homebrew channel but not from priiloader. Is there a fix for this?

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX v3.0 r1226
Patriot 32GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Card (PEF32GSHC10333)

I've setup a new installation of USB Loader GX v3.0 r1226 on my new SD card. When I go to download new covers, the download starts but then freezes after a minute or two. It stops downloading and the cancel button doesn't respond. Though when I click it the controller vibrates a tiny bit, so the system itself isn't frozen. I have no choice but to restart the system.

I've tried downloading covers three times but this keeps happening. Any ideas on why this is happening? I've never had any troubles in the past. No idea if it is the new SD card or how I could verify that it is the culprit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
strai : you probably installed an old boot.dol inside priiloader, instead of telling priiloader to load the forwarder which reloads boot.dol on SD.

Do not install the USBLoaderGX boot.dol inside priiloader.
Install the forwarder's boot.dol (it's located in the "all in one" package, in the wad/dol/ folder.

mulsiphix:
1226 is not the latest revision. Try with 1231.
are you sure your SD is not write protected?

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
mulsiphix:
1226 is not the latest revision. Try with 1231.
are you sure your SD is not write protected?
I just updated it from inside the program and tried again. Exact same behavior. I am positive it is not write protected because it downloads a handful of covers before it freezes. After I restart the system those downloaded covers now appear. I'm going to grab another SD card and see if that changes anything. I just wanted to double check here and make sure this wasn't a known issue or something I may have done wrong.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not a known issue, and I don't know what could be the problem.
could you try to limit the download to single cover type? for example only disc cover, not the 2D/3D/banner, just to see if it's an issue from all or only a specific download.

The covers should all work the same way, the banners are different.
I added a redirection support (http error redirect), maybe there's an issue with it.
try an old version of the loader (3.0 1180 or newer) to see if you find the first revision with that issue.

if 3.0 has the same problem, then I don't know what's wrong; I'll have to debug it but without the issue on my console it's hard to fix it.

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not a known issue, and I don't know what could be the problem.
could you try to limit the download to single cover type? for example only disc cover, not the 2D/3D/banner, just to see if it's an issue from all or only a specific download.

The covers should all work the same way, the banners are different.
I added a redirection support (http error redirect), maybe there's an issue with it.
try an old version of the loader (3.0 1180 or newer) to see if you find the first revision with that issue.

if 3.0 has the same problem, then I don't know what's wrong; I'll have to debug it but without the issue on my console it's hard to fix it.
Let me give this second SD card a try first. I've been using a 2GB with zero issues. This is a brand new card so there is always the chance it is faulty. I have a MicroSD 32GB class 10 from my phone I will be trying with a SD adapter. If I have the same problem again I will try what you've suggested and get back to you.

I'd hate for you to spend all this time on a problem that isn't large scale, especially when I can side step it by downloading the full cover archive from GameTDB. My biggest worry was that this cover issue was a symptom of a larger problem (like the card itself having issues or even a Wii issue). I will get back to you on the results of this new test. Thank you so much for your feedback and support. I sincerely appreciate it :lol:.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I occasionally have this issue as well, Cyan. It almost always seems to happen when more than 20 items are being downloaded, and almost always on the 10th or 11th one (about halfway through). I remedy this by selecting only 3D covers+discarts, then selecting flat covers+full covers afterward. This almost always helps, but 1/10 times it freezes on the 2nd or 3rd one despite this.

This also happens when using ULGX's Update feature. I select to update 'everything', and it freezes on the 15th or 16th file. As a result, I need to manually download the full package whenever there is a major change in functionality, and manually extract the files to the drive on my PC.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last time I updated everything (1230->1231), I didn't get any freeze. it downloaded all the languages files, the loader's files and wiitdb.
I have all my paths on SD card too.

I'll have to do more tests to find the issue. But I didn't had time to work on it this month.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it wasn't possible to put VC at the top, because I don't think editing the xml is a good idea. (like you said, it would have to switch the category order in the xml but also edit all game's settings to fix the new ID).
What I thought was to re-order the category listing after loading it.
display the menu -> load the xml's ID=>Name -> order the found names alphabetically based on the Name -> display the list on the screen. The category names will retains their existing ID and you don't need to edit game's settings nor edit the file manually, but you can't position what you want at the top.
It's possible, but require too much time to add this feature to let the user reposition the order from the loader.
If you want to re-order, do it manually in the xml right after using the delete xml + "import category" feature.

If I do any change to this menu that will be only a simple alphabetical order after xml is loaded. no reorder inside the xml.

I like your idea to put the Disc art on the Game information window.
for users using only the banner animation, they don't see the disc covers anywhere even if they are downloaded when updating the cover's pictures.
I don't know where it would be good to put it. probably a button to press to see it.
cyan heres a thought. why not have a seperate file that holds the order of the categories like cat_order.cfg. then when the category menu is displayed usb loader would read this file and display the categories in that order. of course the user would have to manually edit the order cfg file. just an idea.

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to test USB Loader GX with a new 32GB MicroSD card and everything worked perfectly. I think I just got a dud when I bought this card. I'll take it back today, swap it out for the same version/model, and see if it was the card itself or if this particular make/model is Wii unfriendly. Note that I selected all cover options (2d/3d/etc) with no issues.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi Cyan, finally decide give Nintendon't a shot, odd enough it was pretty easy since it uses the same folder structure as Devo, my question is every time I boot a game a warning window pop-up, it say 'you don't have HID ini file' my question is there any way to remove it? I'm using blutooth controllers so I don't need a .ini file for controllers.

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, I'll remove it on next revision. (I'll check it only if HID is enabled).

Question: The credits on my usb loader gx say rev. 1231 ios 222 rev 4 AHB. is that ok? do i need to be on ios 249 or some other?
Hermes cIOS is a little old, it doesn't have all latest features (like EmuNAND or Block IOS Reload).

In rev 1231, there are two different IOS settings:
Loader's IOS : the IOS used when you are inside the loader. it's used to mount the drive and display the game list/covers/etc., it can even be set to IOS58 now.
Game's IOS : the IOS used when playing. This is the one you need to set to 249/250/wherever your d2x cIOS is installed if you want to play channels from EmuNAND or some games needing base56/57/58

If you don't see any issue, you can keep the slot 222.
if you have games not working, you will probably need to switch to slot 249 where you have d2x v8 base 56

larry2garcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll remove it on next revision. (I'll check it only if HID is enabled).

Hermes cIOS is a little old, it doesn't have all latest features (like EmuNAND or Block IOS Reload).

In rev 1231, there are two different IOS settings:
Loader's IOS : the IOS used when you are inside the loader. it's used to mount the drive and display the game list/covers/etc., it can even be set to IOS58 now.
Game's IOS : the IOS used when playing. This is the one you need to set to 249/250/wherever your d2x cIOS is installed if you want to play channels from EmuNAND or some games needing base56/57/58

If you don't see any issue, you can keep the slot 222.
if you have games not working, you will probably need to switch to slot 249 where you have d2x v8 base 56

Thank you Cyan! I have both set to 250 right now with no issues.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
base 56 is slightly faster than other base.
so if you have base 56 on slot 250, it's fine.

if you have base 56 on slot 249, you can set the default game's IOS to slot 249, and only set problematic games to 250 (call of duty require base 57)

if you don't care about the minimal speed gain with base56; don't worry and keep slot250 as default. all games should work. (except maybe Arc Rise Fantasia, I remember it required base56 at some specific battles).

larry2garcia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
base 56 is slightly faster than other base.
so if you have base 56 on slot 250, it's fine.

if you have base 56 on slot 249, you can set the default game's IOS to slot 249, and only set problematic games to 250 (call of duty require base 57)

if you don't care about the minimal speed gain with base56; don't worry and keep slot250 as default. all games should work. (except maybe Arc Rise Fantasia, I remember it required base56 at some specific battles).

This is what I have...Now this is getting interesting...how would i find out what base is required for each game?

SysCheck v2.3.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.200702
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 110807076
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 95 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3867): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5406): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 10/12/2014.​

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The games officially require all existing bases, from IOS9 (Zelda twilight princess) to 59 (Dragon quest).
Most games work with newer IOS than the one they where developed for, so 90%+ games are working fine with base 56.
only a few require IOS 57 (two or three games), but most games should work with it.
Some games require IOS 58 (mostly music games), because it's the only IOS with official USB2.0 support and was used for Wiispeak, microphones, etc., that IOS is not compatible with all games so don't use it as default.
IOS 59 is used only by Dragon Quest for the official external encrypted HDD.

56 is the most commonly selected base by users, it's fast and works with almost all Wii disc games.
only set 57 or 58 if 56 doesn't work.

I didn't mention channels (VC/Wiiware), it can be harder to find the correct base.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games officially require all existing bases, from IOS9 (Zelda twilight princess) to 59 (Dragon quest).
Most games work with newer IOS than the one they where developed for, so 90%+ games are working fine with base 56.
only a few require IOS 57 (two or three games), but most games should work with it.
Some games require IOS 58 (mostly music games), because it's the only IOS with official USB2.0 support and was used for Wiispeak, microphones, etc., that IOS is not compatible with all games so don't use it as default.
IOS 59 is used only by Dragon Quest for the official external encrypted HDD.

56 is the most commonly selected base by users, it's fast and works with almost all Wii disc games.
only set 57 or 58 if 56 doesn't work.

I didn't mention channels (VC/Wiiware), it can be harder to find the correct base.

I don't know if this helps but I found a guide that tries to list all the games that may have problems and their possible solutions. http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-g...e-list-troublesome-games-their-solutions.html Fortunately for me I haven't come across a troublesome game yet so I don't know how accurate or up to date this guide is. But it's at least a starting point.

Also, for the VC and WiiWare games. If I have the games installed in the real NAND and not the emuNAND would that make them work better? Or is it the fact that I am launching them from USB Loader GX that would cause them problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7