• Views 7,224,598
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well in Wiiflow there is a plugin system that supports various emulators like fceugx, snes9xgx, wii64 etc so you can run all your roms via wiiflow Please check out the thread for more details :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's listing all games (roms) one by one directly in Wiiflow, with covers and settings/details, etc.
Wiiflow is loading the corresponding emulators like if you launched it manually as a homebrew launcher, but with rom path as argument to auto-load the selected game.

To add these emulator, it's based on a "plugin" system : a simple text file added in the plugin folder, containing the path to the emulator and the path to the roms, path to covers, etc.
You could then add any homebrew supporting argument the same way without waiting for the developer to add system one by one.

USBLoaderGX could have the same system, there's already a request on google code.

Reactions: 1 person

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i run usb loader gx ican choose a game but i when i load a game my wii freezes at a black screen.......what should i do?
(i can run games with other loaders)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't have any reason not to work.
If you can launch the loader, see the list of games, use the correct cIOS, then it should work.

You didn't give any information on your setup.
But based on that other post of yours : http://gbatemp.net/topic/336385-problem-with-usb-loader-gx/page__pid__4433052#entry4433052

Also, based on your syscheck you posted in the "Noob topic" I would say you didn't softmod your Wii correctly.
You are outdated!

Many users recommended that you re-softmod yout Wii with modmii and tell modmii your Wii is a Virgin. it will download and update everything correctly for all USB Loaders.
Please, go to the noob paradise topic to fix your problem first.

Reactions: 2 people

liser

Trophies
XP
Country

Hi there! I want to install forwarder channel, I've modded my Wii following "Modify any Wii 4.3 and below" in this forum. I installed USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip

I assume I have everything OK to install the forwarder. Or not?

WadManager 1.8 asks me what IOS to install on and recommends me IOS58. Would be that OK? or should I install it onto another IOS?

Also there's two other options and I don't know what to choose, by default it says:

- AHBPROT Activation: YES

- Parental Control: YES

Thanks in advance!

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I load USB Loader GX from my priiloader or channel as a forwarder, it hangs as if the SD card is not detected, but if I load it manually through HBC, it works fine.

This problem only occurs with high capacity SD cards, eg SDHC. So, is the forwarder itself not compatible? It's not really a big problem to me as I autoload HBC now, but I thought I'd just point it out.

texasroooles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok to start off i followed a variety of guides to help soft mod my wii, I was successful in doing so but now trying to run any applications ie. (usb loader gx or configurable usb loader) just do not work. If I could get some help and someone could inspect my files it would be greatly appreciated.

sysCheck v2.1.0b17 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)

Drive date: 2006.09.07
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 46489767
Boot2 v4
Found 88 titles.
Found 45 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[58] (rev 65535
Info: d2x-v5): Trucha Bug
NAND Access
USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/10/30.

I just gave u the report to help specify my problem and narrow it down.

To be specific on my problem, usb loader gx does not detect my external usb drive and configurable usb loader none of the games work.

Help would be appreciated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hi there! I want to install forwarder channel, I've modded my Wii following "Modify any Wii 4.3 and below" in this forum. I installed USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip

I assume I have everything OK to install the forwarder. Or not?

WadManager 1.8 asks me what IOS to install on and recommends me IOS58. Would be that OK? or should I install it onto another IOS?

Also there's two other options and I don't know what to choose, by default it says:

- AHBPROT Activation: YES

- Parental Control: YES

Thanks in advance!
You can install the forwarder now, if you followed the softmod guide you now have all the required custom IOS. (cIOS)

use a Wad manager to install the forwarder UNEO 5.1.
When launching a wad manager, it asks which IOS you want to "use" (not to install) in order to get writing privilege to the Wii's internal storage. Usually, IOS236 is the best one.
Some Manager may use "AHBPROT" to get writing access, in that case it's based of IOS58 instead of IOS236.
Both are fine.
Once loaded, select the .wad file you want to install, and it should work fine.

I don't know anything about the Parental control in that Wad Manager (I'm not using it).
You could try other managers (Wad Manager 1.7 is good too).

Whenever I load USB Loader GX from my priiloader or channel as a forwarder, it hangs as if the SD card is not detected, but if I load it manually through HBC, it works fine.

This problem only occurs with high capacity SD cards, eg SDHC. So, is the forwarder itself not compatible? It's not really a big problem to me as I autoload HBC now, but I thought I'd just point it out.
SDHC are supported.
Do you have a normal SD card to test? or another SDHC too, to check if it's your current card which has a problem.

unrelated: I tested priiloader for the first time, and the "launch installed dol" is not always working, it's sometime (randomly) loading the System Menu instead.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so question..does usb loader gx actually suport using both usb ports at once? i mean ive tried on 2 different wiis with the latest version of usbloader gx 1203 and my hdd wont even be recognized when its in the second slot in either wii. I just saw that there was a option for 2 usb ports being used in hardrive settings. Anyone gotta any idea?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
so question..does usb loader gx actually suport using both usb ports at once? i mean ive tried on 2 different wiis with the latest version of usbloader gx 1203 and my hdd wont even be recognized when its in the second slot in either wii. I just saw that there was a option for 2 usb ports being used in hardrive settings. Anyone gotta any idea?
Support for BOTH ports for USB was added to d2x v9 AFTER r49 (in an unreleased beta) so unless you have access to that I'd guess you're out of luck for now.

I understand it's supposed to work with the Rodries mod of cIOS 222 v5.1 (haven't tried it myself) but I think you'd have to have the game booting with a v5.1R cIOS as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use hermes cIOS if you don't have the supported d2x version. (of course you will miss the d2x features, and may have problem with AHBPROT rights not transfered to other application such as devolution or homebrew launching)
I don't remember if it was only v5.1 or v4 too (I think v4 is working, and supports FAT32 too, but you should test it as my memory is not always good ;p)

Set hermes cIOS as main cIOS, restart the loader and you will be able to select port1 or Both.
If you want to use only port1, you can skip the port0 countdown at launch by setting the port in the meta.xml argument.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I bought a new HDD, though it doesn't seem 100% compatible with USB Loader GX.

It loads games fine, as I used WiiFlow with it, but with GX I have to unplug the drive and plug it back in when the "waiting for HDD..." screen appears.

After doing this, all my games appear, and the drive works perfectly fine. So it's just an odd thing to have to unplug during that process.

hemeny

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a heads up an overly large ocarina cheat file will hang usb loader gx.
at first i thought it kept freezing everytime i downloaded the cheats and when i actually clicked cheats it hung for a minute or more literally. I download cheats for every game, haven't used any yet but just incase i get bored or stuck.
the offender is monster hunter tri, havent tried running it with cheats active so don't know if it will run. did a search before i posted a few people have claimed it wouldnt work or brought this up in new threads instead of here.

edit: mario galaxy 2 seems to do this too. though only a 15+ second hang on download or on viewing the cheat index each time.
zelda twilight princess VERY slight hang, but you get the idea just thought i'd give some examples.

kbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an issue with the latest beta and installing wads to the emunand? Ever since I updated the wads I install just come up as blank channels after install and they don't work, all of them I had on before and channels came up fine so I don't think its the wads.

*edit*Uninstalled a working wad, tried to reinstall it and now it won't even install it hung up at like 30%. Would the fact that I'm still running d2x cIOS v7 final matter?

*edit*Went back to r1200 and now everything is working fine.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an issue with the latest beta and installing wads to the emunand? Ever since I updated the wads I install just come up as blank channels after install and they don't work, all of them I had on before and channels came up fine so I don't think its the wads.
the EXACT same thing is happening to me all the wads i had on emunand before work fine but if i try and add another one it just comes up blank

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't change anything related to the emuNAND.
I'll check what can be the problem based on the changes since r1200

But there are still a problem on the Wad installer, some games works only when installed on emuNAND with another wad manager/ShowMiiWads.

I don't know if it's related, I tried only r1203.
I have a working game (Toki Tori) which I had on my real nand, I dumped the nand and it worked fine on emuNAND.
I completed a level and it saved it fine, and on the next level loading, the game froze.
I thought the game data got corrupted somehow.
I tried reinstalling it with ShowMiiWad, the game launch and the save file works, but it still freeze when loading a level.

Maybe it's not the gameData which is wrong, but other files on the emuNAND.
I'll try with different revision and settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Perpo @ Perpo: heyy does anybody knows a library where to find shader cache for ryujinx?