• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i am trying to dump a super smash bros brawl disc with usb loader gx but it always gets kinda stuck at 55%. the kb drops from 2000kb to 32kb.. also notice that i had dumped it perfectly fine before but i uninstalled it due testing reasons. any idea whats causing this problem?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to dump a super smash bros brawl disc with usb loader gx but it always gets kinda stuck at 55%. the kb drops from 2000kb to 32kb.. also notice that i had dumped it perfectly fine before but i uninstalled it due testing reasons. any idea whats causing this problem?
You should try using CleanRip. It will create a 1:1 ISO of the disc that you can later scrub down to wbfs using WiiBackupManager. If it gets stuck with CleanRip as well, your disc might be going bad or your Wii's laser might be degrading.

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should try using CleanRip. It will create a 1:1 ISO of the disc that you can later scrub down to wbfs using WiiBackupManager. If it gets stuck with CleanRip as well, your disc might be going bad or your Wii's laser might be degrading.

i set the usbloader gx settings to default - dumping works fine again. i think it has something to do with GC Install32K Aligned option.. maybe this made caused some errors i'm not sure though..

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i set the usbloader gx settings to default - dumping works fine again. i think it has something to do with GC Install32K Aligned option.. maybe this made caused some errors i'm not sure though..
It should have nothing to do with it because that option is for ripping GCN games and Brawl is a Wii game.

PaulDavie

Trophies
XP
I'm following the tutorial in order to play GC games off of a USB drive. Upon the recommendation of Maxternal I've posted this in here FAO Cyan.

Am getting this screen when I go to fire up USB Loader GX - any ideas?

IMG-20120920-00188_zps66b86eb9.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
right at the start?
You are booting from HBC or from the forwarder?
Try booting from HBC to be sure it's aproblem in the loader and not the forwarder.

I suppose you are using revision r1202 version 249?

I didn't check the log yet, but a code dump on boot is often caused by the HDD itself. (wrong format? partition errors? run checkdisk maybe?)
Try booting without any HDD connected, and press B when displayed to skip the HDD mounting process. It will go into Channel mode.
If it boots, it's a HDD problem.

PaulDavie

Trophies
XP
right at the start?
You are booting from HBC or from the forwarder?
Try booting from HBC to be sure it's aproblem in the loader and not the forwarder.

I suppose you are using revision r1202 version 249?

I didn't check the log yet, but a code dump on boot is often caused by the HDD itself. (wrong format? partition errors? run checkdisk maybe?)
Try booting without any HDD connected, and press B when displayed to skip the HDD mounting process. It will go into Channel mode.
If it boots, it's a HDD problem.

Just disconnected the HDD and the error screen shown above appears when trying to boot through the HBC and through a forwarder.

Heres a copy of the syscheck file:-

sysCheck v2.1.0b17 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.2E (v482)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 55367375
Boot2 v4
Found 260 titles.
Found 45 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/09/21.

HDD has been partitioned to the format following the recommendation of the guide I followed http://gbatemp.net/topic/329628-how-to-play-gamecube-games-off-a-usb-hdd/

thanks for the original reply..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HDD in fat32 is fine. if it's crashing even without the HDD then it's not at cause.

Are you using r1202?
Because the result I get when tracking back the error is strange, the first one appears in the "GameCube install menu", but you can't be in this menu if you can't even launch the loader.
The second one appears in the picture source code.
Do you have a custom theme (for system menu) installed on your Wii?
Based on the screen you posted, it's related to graphical interface and loading pictures.

Maybe you are using v3.0?
If it's 3.0, the error tracking shows that it's crashing in a file operation (checking path), which is more related to your problem.
Check your SD card, maybe reformat it, or try another one first if you don't want to format it.

Zelekhan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm getting stuck on the initial loading screen of a game when I load it up. I'm trying to play a backup off of a USB rather than a disc. It says its installed (even though I didn't use the install option). All of the settings are on 'use global'. Could I get any guidance here? I have IOS249/56 and IOS250/57 d2x v8 final installed. Many thanks.

Z

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='JordenNixNix']:
your VC channels are on real NAND or emulated NAND?
Ocarina doesn't work on Emulated NAND (at least, I could never make it work on the games I tested it).
So you need to launch the channel from the real NAND.

Launching channels have two different method: Content or boot.dol
If ocarina doesn't work, try changing the boot method in the settings > loader settings > Channel boot method.

I always use the real nand for Wii channels.
And why don't my ocarina cheats for Fire Emblem (PAL) work any more?
They worked in the past but since I'm in part III with Ike, the cheats doesn't work. Even when I open up a new profile from new game.

I really like the USB Loader 3.0 but when will there be an update (via the channel options)(maybe for fix glitches an better ocarina support)? Just wondering?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of my games continue to Black Screen, with the wiimote turning off, when I attempt to run them.
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Rayman origins, and Rythm Heaven Fever all refuse to load.
All are NTSC, I have tried forcing NTSC, tried Use Global, nothing works.
I really need help, this problem has been persisting for days now.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of my games continue to Black Screen, with the wiimote turning off, when I attempt to run them.
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Rayman origins, and Rythm Heaven Fever all refuse to load.
All are NTSC, I have tried forcing NTSC, tried Use Global, nothing works.
I really need help, this problem has been persisting for days now.
If you haven't already, you should connect your hard drive to your computer and run an SHA-1 hash check with Wii Backup Manager to make sure that your game images are good. It is under Tools/SHA-1.
If they are good, you might want to make a copy of your USB Loader GX config files and delete them to see if the games work with all the default settings, to rule out any configuration issues.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan:

What is next for USB Loader GX, once you get back into its development?
I imagine bug fixing would be a priority of yours, but in terms of major features, do you plant to implement anything down the road?
I'm just trying to gauge where something like uneek nand loading would stack in your "to do" list.

Regards.

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan:

What is next for USB Loader GX, once you get back into its development?
I imagine bug fixing would be a priority of yours, but in terms of major features, do you plant to implement anything down the road?
I'm just trying to gauge where something like uneek nand loading would stack in your "to do" list.

Regards.

He would probably go for making it more easier to use.
Maybe a soft-reset feature (not sure if it has one)...

But yeah, bug fixes probably.
I love USB Loader GX. The only problem I have is I have to plug in my hard drive after the program runs the countdown. It freezes when it's already plugged in.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do you mean by adding "Soft Reset"? From/to where?

There's already a way to go back directly in the loader when exiting:
Wii games
WiiWare, VC, from real NAND
WiiWare, VC from Emulated NAND
For gamecube Games, there's already a Soft Reset included in DIOS MIOS (Lite) (to go back to system menu, or HBC)

The only Soft reset not already included is for launched Homebrew (homebrew and Devolution).

Making it more easier to use, ok, but how? which feature/menu is hard?

@[member='themanuel']:
I will update in order:
- Add devolution new settings (widescreen, and the other one)
- DIOS MIOS 2.3 support (remove NoDisc+ menu when 2.3+ is detected, remove unneeded warning). DM v2.3 is working with r1202, NoDisc+ will just be ignored.
- Fix DML+Ocarina detection (I will certainly make temporary .gct copy to the correct partition, no need to move the folder manually anymore) (for me, this is "making it easier to use", asked by Xenirina)

- Continue working on adding multiDisc games. (future updates. other update might come before I complete that)

Reactions: 2 people

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='themanuel']:
I will update in order:
- DIOS MIOS 2.3 support (remove NoDisc+ menu when 2.3+ is detected, remove unneeded warning). DM v2.3 is working with r1202, NoDisc+ will just be ignored.
- Fix DML+Ocarina detection (I will certainly make temporary .gct copy to the correct partition, no need to move the folder manually anymore) (for me, this is "making it easier to use", asked by Xenirina)

- Continue working on adding multiDisc games. (future updates. other update might come before I complete that)
Thanks for sharing that, Cyan. You work here is much appreciated.
Fixing stuff always comes first, of course.
I just hope neek nand emulation does come in at some point in the future.

wiifan_zangief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm following the tutorial in order to play GC games off of a USB drive

Talking about the tutorial, it says "Congratulations! You can now play GC games from your USB HDD. This only works if you have a Disc in the Wii Disc Drive. Thanks to Cyan for the modified USB Loader."
Does that mean it is required to have a functioning disk drive?
My Wii's disc drive broke almost 2 years ago, that's why I got interested in installing Homebrew in the first place.
If the disc only has to be inside, it's no problem (it's still taking them in), but If I try to load it, it makes clicking sounds while loading (and doesn't load).

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country

Wii games
For gamecube Games, there's already a Soft Reset included in DIOS MIOS (Lite) (to go back to system menu, or HBC)

The only Soft reset not already included is for launched Homebrew (homebrew and Devolution).

I wasn't under the impression it had a feature like that. My mistake.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm following the tutorial in order to play GC games off of a USB drive

Talking about the tutorial, it says "Congratulations! You can now play GC games from your USB HDD. This only works if you have a Disc in the Wii Disc Drive. Thanks to Cyan for the modified USB Loader."
Does that mean it is required to have a functioning disk drive?
My Wii's disc drive broke almost 2 years ago, that's why I got interested in installing Homebrew in the first place.
If the disc only has to be inside, it's no problem (it's still taking them in), but If I try to load it, it makes clicking sounds while loading (and doesn't load).
You don't need a disc in the drive, except for games with Audio Streaming.
It doesn't mean that Audio Streams are working, it's just that these games are checking the drive, while other games don't. (disc only has to be inside)

Just try without a disc in the drive, it should work for most games.

Reactions: 1 person

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Wii games

@[member='themanuel']:
I will update in order:

Any chance you'll be working on drive compatibility? I have my drive sitting next to my Wii, unsure if I should just go back to using the old version of the loader and format it back to WBFS, or wait it out and see if my drive will work with newer revisions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol