AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Has the issue involving downloading themes been resolved? Basically when you get a completed theme install some overlay just showing a progress bar with 100% stays put and can't be dismissed without a hard power-down.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure this has been brought up (if not here, then the DM thread), but since DM isn't currently(ever?) supporting disc swap, is there a way to install both discs on two disc games and prompt which one to boot at launch? Would be a nice feature to add. I just hate having two of the same game on my channels screen, already have to put up with Mario Kart Black next to Mario Kart Wii :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has the issue involving downloading themes been resolved? Basically when you get a completed theme install some overlay just showing a progress bar with 100% stays put and can't be dismissed without a hard power-down.
It's fixed in the latest beta.

Pretty sure this has been brought up (if not here, then the DM thread), but since DM isn't currently(ever?) supporting disc swap, is there a way to install both discs on two disc games and prompt which one to boot at launch? Would be a nice feature to add. I just hate having two of the same game on my channels screen, already have to put up with Mario Kart Black next to Mario Kart Wii :P
I like the idea of having a menu which ask if you want to launch Disc 1 or 2. (like Metroid trilogy, etc.) instead of displaying each disc separately. might be even easier to implement. thanks for the idea.

Reactions: 1 person

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of having a menu which ask if you want to launch Disc 1 or 2. (like Metroid trilogy, etc.) instead of displaying each disc separately. might be even easier to implement. thanks for the idea.

Yeah, the only thing that seems troublesome to me is ripping from disc. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way to currently do this is to manually rename the folder for the first disc you rip. Maybe when you try to rip a game that GX already shows as being on the hard drive, give you the option to overwrite or add as second disc. Would be adding two features at once.

Grawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It may sound completely stupid, but I had a lot of problems getting DIOS MIOS to work on games that worked fine using DIOS MIOS lite. How did I fix it?

Reset the default settings for the games. Try it out.

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if it would be possible to implement something in DM or DML so that some key combination would exit and return to loader or sys menu. With all other games I can exit without powering down the wii but with GC games need to actually hit the power button. Any thoughts?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder if it would be possible to implement something in DM or DML so that some key combination would exit and return to loader or sys menu. With all other games I can exit without powering down the wii but with GC games need to actually hit the power button. Any thoughts?

The dios mios thread!

I believe it is already there - it was on diosmioslite.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

R+Z+start

NathanPeterson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Has anyone successfully used multiple partitions. One Fat32 (with the gamecube games) and one NTFS (with a wbfs games folder) and had them both show up? For some reason I can't get the NTFS partition to show the wii games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no release date decided yet.
DM is also in development which may require multiple releases too.

there are still few things to test and fix, maybe I'll make an official one, I don't know.

@nathanPeterson :

go to settings > HDD settings > Game Partition : Set the partition to the second one (your NTFS partition).
This is the partition used to dump new Wii games, and display Wii games if you are using a single partition mode.

If you enable "multiple Partition" option, you can see Wii games present in /wbfs/ folders in all your partition, but only the one selected in "Game Partition" is the one where they are dumped.

Then, don't forget to select "Wii Games" as the Title Origin, in the main toolbar.

----

I've completed Luigi's Mansion with DM :D
I made Rank B. too bad.
There's a NewGame+, the ghosts seems harder to catch.

I played all without code, except the last boss.
I created a "refill HP" ocarina.

Code:
GLME01

Refill HP (D-pad UP) [Cyan]
284CB002 00000008
0535A2BD 00640000
051BBEC5 00640000
E0000000 80008000

NathanPeterson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
There's no release date decided yet.
DM is also in development which may require multiple releases too.

there are still few things to test and fix, maybe I'll make an official one, I don't know.

@nathanPeterson :

go to settings > HDD settings > Game Partition : Set the partition to the second one (your NTFS partition).
This is the partition used to dump new Wii games, and display Wii games if you are using a single partition mode.

If you enable "multiple Partition" option, you can see Wii games present in /wbfs/ folders in all your partition, but only the one selected in "Game Partition" is the one where they are dumped.

Then, don't forget to select "Wii Games" as the Title Origin, in the main toolbar.

----

I've completed Luigi's Mansion with DM :D
I made Rank B. too bad.
There's a NewGame+, the ghosts seems harder to catch.

I played all without code, except the last boss.
I created a "refill HP" ocarina.

Code:
GLME01

Refill HP (D-pad UP) [Cyan]
284CB002 00000008
0535A2BD 00640000
051BBEC5 00640000
E0000000 80008000

Thanks for your help! It works now!

gmarx138

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.

I've got no issues playing backups and vc through GX, but a handful of wiiware games just reset the wii when loaded. Cave Story and Bomberman Blast are the two I'd really like to get working.

I've tried all kinds of things, like different versions of d2x and loading from different isos, but it's been a while since I messed with it, so I don't really remember the specific fixes I've tried.

Can anybody hold my hand through this?

I'm on 4.3u.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About two disc games....

The Disc's themselves share the same ID, but have an additional number for the disc (IE MGS: Twin Snakes' discs have DL-DOL-GGSE-0-USA and DL-DOL-GGSE-1-USA printed on them, the publisher ID is left out for some reason on GC discs). Maybe that extra 0 or 1 can help with the loaders differentiating between discs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol