• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a limit in the name length of the game name ?
The Title renaming function has 60 characters limit.
I don't know if it accept bigger titles when renamed manually with another software.
My guess is that if it's longer it will use only the first 60 letters, it shouldn't crash. but I'll have to check the sources to be sure.

If you can, post the code dump (I need only the Stack dump part, with arrows)

jinxdink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i remove some items from displaying with emuland checked??????

I don't like the weather channel, internet channel, shopping channel, etc etc from displaying with all the games on usb loader gx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are different way to do it:

1- You can delete them completely from emuNAND.
go to the Game settings > delete menu > delete game.
or
Plug your SD/USB to your computer and delete the title/0001000x/TitleID/ path

If you don't want to delete them, but just hide them, it's a little more complicated, and you have different solutions:
2- You can use parental control, if you don't use it already.
* Game settings > Loader setting > Lock game.
* Main settings > Parental control > no password
* Main settings > Parental control > set level to 18+
* Lock the loader (lock icon in the toolbar)
You can also set a different Parental Level than the one defined by Wiitdb (or if you don't use Wiitdb) manually in the game Settings.

3- Use categories filtering (harder to set)
* Toolbar > Categories icon > Create a new Category (for example "Exclude")
* Channel you don't want to see > Game Settings > Categories > Set the game to "Exclude" only, and disable any other categories if there are any already set.
* Toolbar > Categories icons > unselect "ALL" and "Exclude", and Select Everything else.
* All your other games > game settings > Categories > Set at least 1 category
The more categories/games you have, and the more you will have to select one by one, to exclude just two.

There's no real need to create an "Exclude" category, you can just not set a category at all to the excluded games.
But it's easier to see that a game is excluded if it's part of that category.

There are currently no easy way to hide only one particular channel from many others without parental control or categories.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so I am just going to ask to hopefully save time. I just re-hcked my Wii from the Z: SS update to 4.3U. No issues there, got the newest version of GX 3.0. Works fine from old loader channel. However the issue I am having is when I go to lauch a game.

I am able to see the games I have installed on the WBFS harddrive (one partition, 40 GB), but when I click on one, it just resets the Wii and drops me on the standard Menu like it reset the system. My guess is I am missing an IOS that needs updated/loaded, but everything had been working for so long I have not kept up with the changes. Ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you update after softmoding the Wii? if you did, it overwrote the cIOS.

Which IOS are you using?
You can find it in the Credit page of USBLoaderGX, top right corner.

Did you try another IOS slot in the main settings?

If you want to keep old IOS, It should work fine too, unless you have cIOS < rev14. Either try cIOS rev17 or Hermes cIOS v4 or v5.1
But the best (and commonly used) IOS setup is cIOS d2x v8 final (or v9 beta)
Base IOS56 installed on slot 249

jinxdink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are different way to do it:

1- You can delete them completely from emuNAND.
go to the Game settings > delete menu > delete game.
or
Plug your SD/USB to your computer and delete the title/0001000x/TitleID/ path

If you don't want to delete them, but just hide them, it's a little more complicated, and you have different solutions:
2- You can use parental control, if you don't use it already.
* Game settings > Loader setting > Lock game.
* Main settings > Parental control > no password
* Main settings > Parental control > set level to 18+
* Lock the loader (lock icon in the toolbar)
You can also set a different Parental Level than the one defined by Wiitdb (or if you don't use Wiitdb) manually in the game Settings.

3- Use categories filtering (harder to set)
* Toolbar > Categories icon > Create a new Category (for example "Exclude")
* Channel you don't want to see > Game Settings > Categories > Set the game to "Exclude" only, and disable any other categories if there are any already set.
* Toolbar > Categories icons > unselect "ALL" and "Exclude", and Select Everything else.
* All your other games > game settings > Categories > Set at least 1 category
The more categories/games you have, and the more you will have to select one by one, to exclude just two.

There's no real need to create an "Exclude" category, you can just not set a category at all to the excluded games.
But it's easier to see that a game is excluded if it's part of that category.

There are currently no easy way to hide only one particular channel from many others without parental control or categories.

thank you, that helped

i'm using the parental controls to hide them

jinxdink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any "proper" way to quit the gamecube games?

if i press reset or power they just freeze so i have to hold down power for awhile to turn off the wii

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a Dios Mios Lite feature.
I checked the latest revision changelog, and found this :

R + Z + START = reSTART
R + Z + D-Pad Down + B = power DOWN (red button)

This only works on the first controller, and does not work with every game
http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-lite-source-project/source/detail?r=59

Reactions: 1 person

KopyKatz

Trophies
XP
Country
If it works from the Homebrew Channel (HBC, not HBS), and not from the System menu, maybe you need to update the latest Forwarder channel (use a wad manager to install it) and install IOS58.

About cIOS d2x, V7 is not the new one.
You can install v8 final, or v9beta.

If Last Story doesn't work from USB, try dumping the game again.
Its working fine from USB for every one else.
Try deleting the config file of USBLoaderGX if you are not sure what settings you need. default settings are good.

Big thanks get USBLoaderGX to work from the System menu did not 3_0 to work but got Forwarder_5_1 to work now, plus get the last story to work from HD big thanks for yor help

redx113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am hoping someone can help me. I have gamecube games stored in sd/games and it shows up in GX and even loads the wii sort of theme for it, showing simpsons hit n run with no disc in it. I try starting it from SD without a disc and it restarts. If I put a game in the drive and boot, it will boot the game in the disc drive.

I see the 2 paths for gamecube are set to sd:games, So it should be working, but it just seems to want to boot from what is in the disc drive. Do I need a later CIOS? I have no idea what I have, I updated to 4.0 a while ago and used a tool I forget now, that could install any ios needed.

All WII games boot fine, but its the Gamecube I am having a problem with. If I format my drive to NTFS, would this potentially fix? I appreciate any help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to install Dios Mios Lite (DML) in order to play game cube games from SD.
It will replace your MIOS with the one from DML.

To remove DML, just reinstall a clean MIOS v10.

PS, for everyone else:
I started working on an improved Category filtering, so you can hide games easily.
I don't know if it will work soon, I'm still trying and learning how to code.

My steps will be:
1- change the way the menu is working Done
2- Load/save the categories in the settings.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS, for everyone else:
I started working on an improved Category filtering, so you can hide games easily.
I don't know if it will work soon, I'm still trying and learning how to code.

My steps will be:
1- change the way the menu is working Done
2- Load/save the categories in the settings.

manateeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remeber usblaode rgx having a dump nand option? i cant seem to find it though.
you don't need emunand for dml as far as i know...but to set up emunand copy the nand to sd using bootmii, then hop on your computer and use nand extractor to extract the nand.bin to your usb.
the nand dump is located under settings-->features for usblgx, close to the bottom

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DML and Wii save are two different things.

- DML can save on SD instead of the real GC Memory card by enabling the NMM option in the game setting.
To setup DML, there's nothing to do in the loader.
You need to install DML (a MIOS) either using the DML installer or using a Wad Manager.

USB Loader GX will show you all gameCube games stored on SD:\games\\ and will launch it.
It doesn't detect if you have a DML MIOS or an official MIOS. It just launch it.

If you want to see/store GameCube games on USB, you need to define the "Main GC path" in the settings to a folder on the USB.
It's the folder used to dump GameCube games.
If you try to launch a game located on USB, it will ask you if you want to copy the game to SD in order to play it.

Set "GC SD path" to SD:\games
set "GC Main path" to USB:\your_USB_folder\

- To save Wii games (not gamecube games) saves on SD or USB, you need to set "Emulated Nand" to "partial".
You DON'T need a full copy of your emulated nand to save wii games saves to SD or USB.

"Partial" mode redirects only the saves. It uses your Real Wii Nand settings for other things, like Network settings, Wiimote synch, Mii.

If you want to use "Full" mode, you need a fully extracted NAND to your SD or USB.
Do not use an extracted boot.bin created by bootmii.
Instead, go to USBLoader GX > Settings > Features > Dump Nand > Full.
(go to Settings > User path, first if you want to define a different path than SD:\nand\ )

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if I set the nmm option can I still use my gamecube memory card?(becuase isnt nmm a feature where you can put gamecube saves on sd card?

Please and thank you.

could I use this dump nand from usbloadergx for uneek or neek 2.0 the new one?

Also if I use partial save can i transer my already made saves into the nand. LOL I hvae 1 block left.
Do I do it one at a time or all games at once because I notice a feature to move game saves one at a time but not all at once.

Also a question for uneek. Anyone one know vaguely or about where the n64 wads and saves would go into which folder? I already have a nand I use for this but I want to update it with the nand I use on my wii. My plan is to use my nand(that has no Virtual Console installed) with showmiiwads to install the games, then transfer my saves from the other nand to this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1