USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Manrai

Manrai Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    i want to install a gx loader channel on the wii menu
    i download the all in one package which included in the wad files:
    Code:
    USBLoader_GX_V3_0_UNLR_Channel_AHBPROT.wad[/sup]
    [sup]   USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad

and two other folders: channelDOL and forwarderDOL which obviously contain dol files
    my question is which wad to install so the forwarder loads gx loader cios 222 dol
    any help would appreciated

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    - If you want to use your Memory Card, don't enable the NMM option in the game settings.

- The nand dumped by USBLoaderGX should work, but depending on the content of your nand it may not work correctly (some filename may differ from USBGX and other Nand dumping tools). It's the same problem as using a neek nand with GX, it can work but it also can be problematic.

- Yes, you can copy your saved present on the real nand to the EmuNand.
    You can do it game by game (inside the Game Settings), or for all the saves at once (inside the Main settings>Features>Extract saves)

- I think the channel's saves are stores in title\00010008\ folder.
    You can check the game ID by checking ASCII table and copy the entire folder, or you can use applications to transfer save from/To emunands. (I remember only ShowMiiWad name, but there are other tools)

Manrai:
    The forwarder is the one with UNEO in the name : USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad

The forwarder is not the one deciding which IOS the loader will use.
    It's the boot.dol you put on your SD card which define that.

When you launch the loader, it's doing this:
    Wii Menu -> Forwarder (using IOS58) -> launch the dol on sd:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol (using the IOS you selected by downloading the corresponding package)

So, if you want to use the IOS222 dol, download the "All in one Package IOS 222"
    Place the apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol on your SD card.
    And install the Forwarder (UNEO) wad file.
    The forwarder is identical in all packages.

You don't need the Forwarder's dol at all. It's there for advanced users only (if they want to create their own channels).

You can also download the IOS249 package, put the boot.dol on the SD card like explained above, and still use IOS222.
    the IOS used to boot can be decided manually by editing the meta.xml in a text editor. Remove the commented lines and select the IOS number to use on boot.

3. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks alot. I appreciat eyou for helping me, you rock! :D

4. stoner7

stoner7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2012
    Hi Cyan,

I want to leave my real nand "alone" and do everything with an emulated nand on my hdd. Play and save my backups. install and play vc games, install dlc's...
    2. The UsbloaderGX 3.0 does all these tasks or I need more homebrew applications?
    3. I just need to load the GX 3.0 on my hdd to access the emu nand?
    4. I have 50~60 vc games to install on emu nand. The GX 3.0 will show me all or I need another homebrew application to view all vc games?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

5. Shag

Shag Advanced Member

Jun 8, 2011
    United States
    I always liked usb loader and look forward to your contributions!
    Thanks

6. Roads1

Roads1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2012
    United States
    I tried to use it, but it tells me that I have no USB device, which is ridiculous, since I use a PNY 8GB USB stick to store all the Homebrew Channel stuff. What on earth is wrong?

My file format is FAT32, according to the thing at the bottom of the window in Windows 7.

7. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    probably you have it on the wrong usb port. If your wii is in the position as this picture, you want the bottom port. also, what IOS is your HBC using? you can see this by pressing home on the HBC, it'll say in the top right. And do you have USb loader gx v3.0?

[​IMG]

8. Roads1

Roads1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2012
    United States
    The picture won't load, but my Wii is horizontal.

Yes, I used 3.0.

It says IOS58 v24.32.

9. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    Is your usb in the bottom usb port?

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    2. Yes, you can do all this inside USBLoaderGX*.
    3. You need to enable all EmuNand options (in full mode) in the loader's setting, or else it will use the real NAND.
    4. All of them will be displayed. USB Loader GX can display all games at once (Wii games/Gamecube Games and VC/WiiWare from real nand and/or EmuNAND)

* Attention:
    Channels from EmuNAND have some known problems and not all your games will work:
    1. Wifi is not working :( (There's a workaround, but it require installing forwarders on real nand)
    2. A lot of VC games are working.
    3. Some WiiWare games are not working.

It could be a cIOS problem, so it might be fix in the future.
    Until then, you can't use ONLY emuNand from USBLoaderGX.
    You can use *neek if you want only emuNAND instead.

1 person likes this.
  11. Roads1

Roads1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2012
    United States
    Could've sworn I tried both, but let me try again...

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. It tells me the USB device isn't found like before.

Also, why does it say "waiting for HDD" for 20 seconds, flash words too fast for me to read, and then say the same message for 20 more seconds? It always goes to the "channel mode" anyway, so what's the wait for?

'NOTHER EDIT: I have the new dumb version without Gamecube support. The only reason I want this at all is to texture hack some games and play some of the Gamecube games, if they even work in this.

12. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
    do you have a custom/patched IOS? Also, you might have to select the partition in settings > hard drive settings

13. Roads1

Roads1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2012
    United States
    Not sure, though I bent over backwards trying to get 222 installed. And what's a partition?

14. Shano56

Shano56 noobie

Apr 29, 2010
    United States
  15. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    The project for custom channels and banners for ALL Gamecube games is complete:
    I hope to make the banners available for download from within USBL-GX
    Final count:
    607 channels: http://www.mediafire.../?ub3xhbr8c24c4
    Gamelist:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    614 banners: http://www.mediafire.../?x3r64ovxfwml3
    or single files direct link: www.fileden.com/files/2012/5/12/3303540/ID3.bnr
    Complete ID3 list:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Check everything out here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/325003-dml-games-channels/
    Abz :)

1 person likes this.
  16. OlinHendershot

OlinHendershot Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2012
    Hey when I try to run DML using USBLoaderGX I get a multidisc utility and I am sure it is a WindWaker ISO, but when the name is changed from game.iso to anything else it shows it as windwaker but I get a stack dump error. Could this be a problem with "Shrinking" The game?

17. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    IS there a library to manually find all of these cover arts and cheat files? Some of them won't download on my client.

Additionally, will Ocarina codes work on USB Loader GX for Gamecube games or no? (If I were to input GCN AR codes, for example)

18. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Advanced Category filtering
    Usage and tutorial

To keep the old (easy) category menu, then just use the old "checksign" mode for the checkboxes. Don't use the "Cross" or "Plus" mode.

:!: Now, each click on a category cycle through different checkbox states.
    [ ] -> [√] -> [X] -> [+] -> [ ]

UPDATE 1

The Categories have now 4 different states:
    [ ] Not checked = Games containing this category are not filtered (like before)
    [√] Enabled = All games containing this category will be displayed (like before)
    [X] Forbidden = All games containing this category will NOT be displayed.
    [+] Required = All games NOT containing this category will NOT be displayed.​
    The "All" is still working as a switch to display all games at once regardless of your selected categories.

Filtering example

UPDATE 2

As a long time request, I added a way to hide individual categories without selecting every other categories one by one:

The "ALL" category can now have 3 different states, described bellow:
    [ ] Not checked = Doesn't display all categories (like before)
    [√] Checked = Displays all categories (like before)
    [X] Cross = Displays all categories except forbidden categories. (Acts like the old "All" but doesn't display categories with a cross checkbox [X])​
    Then, just select the forbidden category you want to hide, and assign this category to games.

Example to Hide Photo Channel

sideskroll, portugeek, ngs428 and 6 others like this.
  19. pdanpdan

pdanpdan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2011
    Romania
    Can you please also take a look at the search/filter problem with autocompleting more characters that it should?
    eg: you have "Game X" and "Game X Y", if you type "Game X" it autocompletes the space after X and you can't see the first game. Then you can backspace 1 character (the space) and both games show up, but if you close the search window it autocompletes the space again.

20. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Ok, I'll see what I can do.
    It's on my bugfix list.