• Views 7,237,221
  • Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think, that this is the "ultimate loader" compared to the others available. I think, I might stop using CFG Loader & DML Booter and start using this from now on. Lol :)

Just to ask, with multi-game disc extraction can just one game be selected to be extracted as GCReEx format?

Edit: Unrelated to the loader, but to do with DML... Does either Zelda: Collectors Edition [PAL], Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Wind Waker Bonus Disc) [PAL], Sonic Mega Collection [PAL] work at all?

jacknjaspa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys very new to this. First need to say how good your guide is even for a non techo like me.modded my kids wii yesterday & went really well. Loaded games I had with wii backup manager & games work fine. When I go to play games through the usb loader theres no cover art. No doubt it somethng simple I've missed but if someone can help me I would apprecaite it

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys very new to this. First need to say how good your guide is even for a non techo like me.modded my kids wii yesterday & went really well. Loaded games I had with wii backup manager & games work fine. When I go to play games through the usb loader theres no cover art. No doubt it somethng simple I've missed but if someone can help me I would apprecaite it

Hey there. Welcome to the club!

All you have to do for covers is:
1) Make sure your Wii is connected to the internet through the Wii system settings (from the main Wii menu).
2) Go into USB Loader GX and press the 1 button on the controller. Select everything and watch while it downloads covers.

Enjoy your Wii!

dimok: Thanks for the update! This is wonderful.

Oh yeah and one weird bug: Castlevania Judgment has a banner issue. I have the USA version of the game but it shows the Japanese banner. Either from the USB HDD or if I insert the disc. The Wii menu shows the correct banner though.

Well anyway take a vacation my friend, you deserve it!

atlanx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have installed now the USBLoaderGX v3.0. (New installation)

There is a little question about the Banner-Settings.

The size settings confuse me a bit.
When i change the x and y size settings (which are standard 608 x and 464 y) to higher values,
then the displayed Banner shrinks
and
when i set the variables to lower values, then the displayed Banner enlarges. :blink:

Can someone explain me please - this looks not logical.
Why the x and y values are described as "size" when they are actually are no pixel-"size" values?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='atlanx']
These settings are a projection setting and not the size setting. You have to see it as a kind of a camera you are pointing at the screen. The banner is always drawn centered from position x=320 and y=240 (on PAL50 it's 288) in screen coordinates. It always renders about 304px to the left and to the right and of the center and about 232px to the up/down in screen coordinates.

Now the X/Y setting we have for the projection is actually the left and top corners the camera catches of the screen and the width and height is used to calculate the right and bottom corners the camera catches.

So if you make the width of the camera greater, it catches a greater view of the screen coordinates where as the render position of the banner stay the same in screen coordinates. So you start catching areas outside the banners as well (which is only black though as nothing is rendered there) which then looks like the banner is shrinked. Same for the height. If you set a smaller width you catch a smaller amount of the screen coordinates which looks like you strech the banner then.

I know it is confusing from the point of a user and that is also the reason i didnt implement it for the main projection of the loader. I would have to change quite a lot of code just to confuse the user even more. As it was already implemented on banners (initially for screen setup as it looked different on every video mode) i didnt remove it anymore.

PS:
I hope I didn't confuse you with this even more :P.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't check the german.lang, but maybe it was translated as "banner size" instead of "screen projection" or something else.
Projection is not easy to understand, so maybe the translator replaced it with size.

Think of it like "number of pixels to display on screen", if you increase the value, you see more content on screen (and the picture shrink to fit more content on screen).

cyba89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed a few gamecube games from disk yesterday. Today I launched USBloader GX 3 and every game shows two times in the list. One game is with the banner and the other without. Yesterday every game was only there once. Any ideas?

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need to try this again. I tried to update to 3 yesterday and with went to a black screen with a bunch of numbers on it at the bottom said relaunch in 20 seconds then it went back to wii menu so I reinstalled the the working last version

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question. how do you exactly go about playing wiiware installed on a nand emu on usbloader gx? are there any specific settings i must change?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Is it detected and working fine with other loaders compatible with DML?
Maybe the data is corrupted after you compressed it?

Just a thing for everyone else: The games are listed even if you don't have DML installed. you just can't launch them if you don't have DML.

Edit:
Try to rename the filename to "game.gcm" or "game.iso" if not already with that filename.
My working games are using this filename (I dumped them with USBLoaderGX)

Edit2
you said "[game id] game title"
try "game title [game id]"

Ok, tried with a different game and it shows up in GX, when I click on it I see a program trying to launch the game, then I just get a green screen and have to power off the Wii?

atlanx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@[member='atlanx']
These settings are a projection setting and not the size setting. You have to see it as a kind of a camera you are pointing at the screen. The banner is always drawn centered from position x=320 and y=240 (on PAL50 it's 288) in screen coordinates. It always renders about 304px to the left and to the right and of the center and about 232px to the up/down in screen coordinates.

Now the X/Y setting we have for the projection is actually the left and top corners the camera catches of the screen and the width and height is used to calculate the right and bottom corners the camera catches.

So if you make the width of the camera greater, it catches a greater view of the screen coordinates where as the render position of the banner stay the same in screen coordinates. So you start catching areas outside the banners as well (which is only black though as nothing is rendered there) which then looks like the banner is shrinked. Same for the height. If you set a smaller width you catch a smaller amount of the screen coordinates which looks like you strech the banner then.

I know it is confusing from the point of a user and that is also the reason i didnt implement it for the main projection of the loader. I would have to change quite a lot of code just to confuse the user even more. As it was already implemented on banners (initially for screen setup as it looked different on every video mode) i didnt remove it anymore.

PS:
I hope I didn't confuse you with this even more :P.

Thanks - now it is clear. It is bit like the camera-field in 3D-Programming.
Like the zoom of the camera.

It is even correct translated in the German Language File but without context its not understandable.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
ALL GameCube games in DML compatibility list and many more (330+ games) have their custom channels.
Banners are now also available as direct link to id3.bnr files: www.fileden.com/files/2012/5/12/3303540/ID3.bnr

Hopefully the best use for these channels will be a direct download from within USBL-GX.
For now only manual download (as pack or single file) + copy to GX_banner_cache folder is the way to go.

I'll continue adding some more games not listed in titles.txt and of course any requested games too ;)

Check the topic linked in my sig (posts 1 & 2) for details and screenshots of all banners.

Have a nice day :)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, tried with a different game and it shows up in GX, when I click on it I see a program trying to launch the game, then I just get a green screen and have to power off the Wii?
I'm sorry, I realized I was very unhelpful.
Are you still stuck?
If so, let's try this in an attempt to isolate the issue:
Download DML booter here and try to launch your game with that to see if it works.
It is a simple command-line based tool.
Make sure your games are in a folder called "games" (no quotes) in the root of your SD card.
If that doesn't work, the next step will be to make sure you have a good ISO and you are converting it properly.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
USB Loader 3.0 is AWESOME!
It could be cool if the wad installs could be work with real NAND too.

Oh, I getting an error when trying to install a wad to emu nand, it says: can't read the uid system or something like that (it flash super fast), and the progress bar freeze showing 100%. Silly me, there's a separate path for EmuChannels =P

cyba89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't see any Banner Animations for WiiWare and VC-Games. Do I have to add them manually, or is there something wrong?

EDIT: It seems, these games are not there because I had these channels on sd when I created the emunand. Is there a way to inject the files from the sdcard (in the private-folder) into my emuNAND? I don't want to load all the .wad-files. :(

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I can't see any Banner Animations for WiiWare and VC-Games. Do I have to add them manually, or is there something wrong?

EDIT: It seems, these games are not there because I had these channels on sd when I created the emunand. Is there a way to inject the files from the sdcard (in the private-folder) into my emuNAND? I don't want to load all the .wad-files. :(

Same here, all my VC/Wiiware games don't show any banners, only the ones installed in the real nand.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Same here, all my VC/Wiiware games don't show any banners, only the ones installed in the real nand.
all my vc and wiiware banners work just fine from emunand

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

same on my end, none of mine are showing, plus when i go to channel view, mine has a flicker fit, an when you point at one of the channels. it shows some weird logo, thing.(shadowed). some blocks just show well nothing, it's a total gray screen, but will highlight with some crazy looking thing (gamecover for nicktoons fight of the toybots.) but it will be all blury an crazy looking. i can upload a video if needed.(probably better to see it, then try to explain it.) an whats up with a gray line, or shadowed area at the bottom? this a clean install, all i kept was all my covers from the previous version.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nothing has to be added manually. GX reads the banner data from the ISO or the WW/VC in the emunand. If you are able to launch the games from emunand with GX, you should be able to see the banners. If not, turn the banner cache feature off in the settings, go back and see if the banners are showing up for you (they will appear slowly as the cache is created). If it works, turn banner caching back on.

If you get that working, move your cache folder over to USB and make sure you specify the new path inside the settings screen. This will make your banners show up on screen very quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw