• Views 7,185,698
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there anyone to have usb loader gx read disc 1 and disc 2 of double disc games like tales of symphonia? ive tried abunch of different ways it either launches the wrong disc or blue screens.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it doesn't go crazy with this loader. in wiiflow yes it goes bonkers.( but i'm going off what you had said,"memorex") http://www.amazon.co...37121653&sr=8-1
an this one..http://www.amazon.co...37121721&sr=1-1

That's the nunchuk I use but I use the official controller.
Would you mind trying it with an official controller and tell me what happens?
this is why it goes crazy, cause your using a 3rd party nunchuck with an official wiimote. yes mine started doing the same thing. but as soon as i use the memorex wiimote with the correct nunchuck. it stops, or if i use the official wiimote/nunchuck.

toastyc12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it doesn't go crazy with this loader. in wiiflow yes it goes bonkers.( but i'm going off what you had said,"memorex") http://www.amazon.co...37121653&sr=8-1
an this one..http://www.amazon.co...37121721&sr=1-1

That's the nunchuk I use but I use the official controller.
Would you mind trying it with an official controller and tell me what happens?
this is why it goes crazy, cause your using a 3rd party nunchuck with an official wiimote. yes mine started doing the same thing. but as soon as i use the memorex wiimote with the correct nunchuck. it stops, or if i use the official wiimote/nunchuck.

The powerA minichuk does the same exact thing. I figured I would try to use at least the nunchuk with my official wiimote, since I like the grip on the back and the illuminated analog stick. At least the powerA minimote+chuk work flawlessly once I actually start a game.

Perhaps I'll just control the USBX menu with a wavebird until I actually boot something, then I'll turn my controller on.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so after playing with the banner setting got that problem fixed. would be nice for someone to write up a manual to go by. that way people would now what to do to fix small problems like these. :) not really all that concerned with the buttons coming up with the banner though, kinda cool to see the whole banner taking up the tv screen. i just know were to have the pointer pointing.( bottom left for setting,bottom right for starting.).. now to make cover's an banners for my wiiware/vc games that are now showing up..
thanks cyan, dumping my nand from inside gx did the trick. just a pain i have to grab all my wiiware/vc games off my neek2o nand then load them on the dumped. wish, it could read neek2o nand an launch from those. but no biggie.
great job guy's defiantly one of the two best loaders.(wiiflow mod being second choice). :D

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else having problems with the emuNAND? Retail games from HDD are fine, Gamecube (DML) games are fine, and some VC are fine from emuNAND.

I've only tried a few WiiWare games, including Mega Man 9, but none would work. All N64 games worked perfectly, but SNES games wouldn't.

I created the emuNAND from USB Loader GX, installed the wads from USB Loader GX, and tried forcing games to run under different IOS's, but nothing works. I have my emuNAND on my fat32 HDD, also, I'm using version 3.0, which i believe is the latest. Any help would be appreciated.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having problems with the emuNAND? Retail games from HDD are fine, Gamecube (DML) games are fine, and some VC are fine from emuNAND.

I've only tried a few WiiWare games, including Mega Man 9, but none would work. All N64 games worked perfectly, but SNES games wouldn't.

I created the emuNAND from USB Loader GX, installed the wads from USB Loader GX, and tried forcing games to run under different IOS's, but nothing works. I have my emuNAND on my fat32 HDD, also, I'm using version 3.0, which i believe is the latest. Any help would be appreciated.
what cIOS

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try moving your nand to the sd card. you can choose where gx reads the nand from. i have mine in a "nand gx" folder. an it reads every thing just fine.(wiiware/vc)
just got done making all the cover for those games, now working on banners.. when you open showmii wads. look at the "id title." an iso loading.
the games will load on the ios they are supposed to mega man should load on ios54. or it could be iso35.. i know alot of mine are using those iso's..
now for my last question. after i dumped my nand. i opened it to make sure gx would read it. after i seen it did. i opened it in showmii wads, got rid of all my channels that are in my menu.( crapp channels,hbc,internet, an so forth). an added my wiiware/vc games. but gx still shows the covers for the channels i deleted. none of them work they just send me to hb channel. were do i delete those? so they don't show up any more?
don't use gx to load these wads to nand. i know it's ok. but some times showmii wads will do a better job. for some reason not sure why.. liight wasn't working after i used gx to dump that wad. but after using showmii to do it. it works fine.

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try moving your nand to the sd card. you can choose where gx reads the nand from. i have mine in a "nand gx" folder. an it reads every thing just fine.(wiiware/vc)
just got done making all the cover for those games, now working on banners.. when you open showmii wads. look at the "id title." an iso loading.
the games will load on the ios they are supposed to mega man should load on ios54. or it could be iso35.. i know alot of mine are using those iso's..
now for my last question. after i dumped my nand. i opened it to make sure gx would read it. after i seen it did. i opened it in showmii wads, got rid of all my channels that are in my menu.( crapp channels,hbc,internet, an so forth). an added my wiiware/vc games. but gx still shows the covers for the channels i deleted. none of them work they just send me to hb channel. were do i delete those? so they don't show up any more?
don't use gx to load these wads to nand. i know it's ok. but some times showmii wads will do a better job. for some reason not sure why.. liight wasn't working after i used gx to dump that wad. but after using showmii to do it. it works fine.
I will try moving my NAND, thanks.

As for deleting channels, I just deleted them from within USB Loader GX and they no longer show up. You should give that a try.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Testing themes with 3.0 (1186) I noticed that whatever theme I download from spiffy hangs after extraction (when I want to apply it) so I have to hard reset and the theme is not applied :(
Changing themes by manually editing GXGlobal.cfg "theme =" line works fine though,
GX also hangs (unresponvise to wiimote click) when I want to apply default theme.
I don't know if it's the themes or the loader by something is wrong here.

On a side note: Was anyone able to remove the banner-icons frame in a theme, it looks ugly no matter what background is used (except default of course)
Thanks
:)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a side note: Was anyone able to remove the banner-icons frame in a theme, it looks ugly no matter what background is used (except default of course)
Thanks
i wish i seen what your talking about? i have the themes that i made awhile back. an though they are not updated, they still work to some degree.(waiting for an update to the gx theme creator :D ).. i believe what you see as the frames will also be able to be fixed once the themes are able to be updated.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Here you go:
34ret1u.jpg
I'm referring to the ugly white frame around the channel icons.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Here you go:
34ret1u.jpg

Themes aren't supported (Well updated) yet due to the vast changes and banner view, most resources come from the SM directly. The only thing would you could to is find the reference in the source for the background and set it to transparent when loading resources. That will be a nice challenge for you but if you get it working then submit a patch and have an option in setting to have it selectable on/off.

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I moved my NAND to the SD card, installed the newest beta of D2X cios, and Mega Man 9, as well as any other WiiWare I've tried, reboots my Wii.

I guess this is just one of those things that will work itself out with future updates. I just don't understand why it's working for other people :S

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Themes aren't supported (Well updated) yet due to the vast changes and banner view, most resources come from the SM directly. The only thing would you could to is find the reference in the source for the background and set it to transparent when loading resources. That will be a nice challenge for you but if you get it working then submit a patch and have an option in setting to have it selectable on/off.

That is not completely right. Theming the banner grid layout is supported. I implemented the render process different from the brlyt of it. Only theming the full screen banner frame with its buttons isnt supported.
Check my explanation about it in comment 2499 on the beta issue thread:
http://code.google.c...l?id=1769#c2499

Btw you can also set the frame of the icon transparent with it but that will look like crap as then you will see a square animated icon. The frame is rendered over the icon, it doesn't cut it or anything (same in the System Menu). The only option you have is to adjust the color (to black for AbdallahTerro example)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
That is not completely right. Theming the banner grid layout is supported. I implemented the render process different from the brlyt of it. Only theming the full screen banner frame with its buttons isnt supported.
Check my explanation about it in comment 2499 on the beta issue thread:
http://code.google.c...l?id=1769#c2499

Btw you can also set the frame of the icon transparent with it but that will look like crap as then you will see a square animated icon. The frame is rendered over the icon, it doesn't cut it or anything (same in the System Menu). The only option you have is to adjust the color (to black for AbdallahTerro example)

ahh yes, totally forgot you added that in .them file, my bad.

Shouldn't be to hard making the needed changes then to existing themes

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go:
34ret1u.jpg
if you seen my video of the way my banner looks? that's why i'm confused. i don't see what you see. an that's probably why mine is acting the way it does. still not sure why mine are doing this.(watch video).. but it doesn't bother me to much, until i get my banners done for my wiiware/vc games i have on the emu nand that are showing up.( sweet).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved my NAND to the SD card, installed the newest beta of D2X cios, and Mega Man 9, as well as any other WiiWare I've tried, reboots my Wii.

I guess this is just one of those things that will work itself out with future updates. I just don't understand why it's working for other people :S

Wiiware on virtual NAND (EmuNAND) isn't supported all that well, yet.
Just make sure you have a dump created by USBLoaderGX, have emulation set to full instead of partial, and that's about it.

One game that works for sure is Cave Story. I haven't been able to get any other game to work, including any Megaman games.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Devante']
Try different "Channel Launcher" settings in "Loader Settings". I think the launch with the "Boot Content" setting works better then the one with main dol but i guess it depends on the channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ