Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Deadliner:
Thanks for your report on googlecode, it's already fixed ;)
Try r1147.

@Singularity_UK :
Her syscheck is fine.
It's strange that multiple devices are not working.

Since the last week I'm thinking everyone have the same bug I found on my cousin's Wii, but it's a rare case (I saw only two other cases until now) so I shouldn't mention it, but if you can, try launching this homebrew and tell me if the report says the USB is fine or not.
If the report is bad, check the report file on SD, it contains more information. If she has "usb status x3002" then maybe this problem is more spread than we think.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Deadliner:
Thanks for your report on googlecode, it's already fixed ;)
Try r1147.

Yup, no longer invisible. AND it's displaying the internal titles correctly! :)

Now can we get then it to display the internal titles when the storage convention is:
x:/wbfs/title [gameid6]/gameid6.wbfs

slaydesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me what the difference is, in the coding, between the Homebrew Launcher & the Title Launcher?

The reason I ask is because WiiMC functions properly when loaded using the Title Launcher. All other GX loading methods fail; Channel Mode & Homebrew Launcher.

WiiMC Loading methods:
SM > WiiMC Channel Forwarder -- Works
SM > HBC > WiiMC -- Works
GX > Homebrew Launcher > WiiXplorer > WiiMC -- Works
GX > Title Launcher > WiiMC -- Works
GX > Homebrew Launcher > WiiMC -- Works, but corrupts settings file (Prefered method, if it didn't corrupt settings file)
GX > Channel Mode > WiiMC -- Black screen
GX > Channel Mode > HBC > WiiMC -- Wii Freezes as HackMii warning is loaded

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Interesting, so the channel launched from "channel mode" listed on the game list doesn't work, but the same channel launched from homebrew browser>channels>WiiMC works fine.

We are currently trying different boot method to allow Ocarina, patches and internet WFC24, for channels on Full EmuNand.
So, the channels launched from "channel mode" may be using a different launch method than the old Title launcher which has never been updated.

slaydesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, so the channel launched from "channel mode" listed on the game list doesn't work, but the same channel launched from homebrew browser>channels>WiiMC works fine.

We are currently trying different boot method to allow Ocarina, patches and internet WFC24, for channels on Full EmuNand.
So, the channels launched from "channel mode" may be using a different launch method than the old Title launcher which has never been updated.

I was shocked to see it load without errors using Title Launcher myself. That function appears to be using the forwarder channel to run WiiMC. I was thinking the Channel Mode would be pointing to the same thing, the WiiMC channel forwarder.

I would be glad to help test out some new launch methods. I do not currently use the EmuNand feature, but I can, if it helps testing. Or I can just wait a bit for that work to get done before worrying about the loading of WiiMC, which I am sure is not a high priority as well as low demand.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you storing the WiiMC setting on USB? or launching the dol from USB?
Dimok tried to launch WiiMC and it loaded the config files correctly (From SD).

It should be a timing problem (for example the time to mount the USB drive and load the settings).

slaydesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you storing the WiiMC setting on USB? or launching the dol from USB?
Dimok try to launch WiiMC and it loaded the config files correctly (From SD).

It should be a timing problem (for example the time to mount the USB drive and load the settings).

Yes, everything is on a single FAT32 USB partition. It does work properly when using an SD card. I do not use SD cards. I have every app working from the USB except for loading WiiMC using the Hombrew Launcher in GX.

With the exception of Channel Mode, WiiMC successfully loads the config file in all other methods via USB. I was just thinking it was some other loading code for Homebrew Launcher.

Further Testing:
I did try another brand of USB (Seagate) with same results. Just in case it was a USB mounting speed issue with brands.

Anyway, here are the steps that can be reproduced. (all via USB)
  1. Start Wii and it boots to USB Loader GX.
  2. Open Homebrew Launcher and load WiiMC
  3. IOS unsupported message appears, press OK
  4. All functions are normal. (Config file works)
  5. Press the Home button to reload back in to GX (takes a few seconds longer than normal to load GX)
  6. Open Homebrew Launcher and load WiiMC
  7. A "Saving" window pops up and Config file no longer works. (settings are back to default)
I was initially thinking this might be a quick and easy fix, it appears that it may not be. I do not want take you guys away from all of the other updates that you are doing. I do appreciate the time and efforts, and maybe we can revisit this down the road.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='slaydesigns']
I added a keep of AHBPROT on R1148. Maybe this will help but beside that it can only be better fixed from within WiiMC by increasing the wait time for the USB on boot. The better solution would be to use SD since this problem can happen to you on other homebrews too.

slaydesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@[member='slaydesigns']
I added a keep of AHBPROT on R1148. Maybe this will help but beside that it can only be better fixed from within WiiMC by increasing the wait time for the USB on boot. The better solution would be to use SD since this problem can happen to you on other homebrews too.

Thanks dimok. r1148 didn't fix the issue, though. I appreciate you looking in to it for me. The strange thing is, other apps do load WiiMC properly when using a USB drive. For instance, from the HBC, loading WiiXplorer r212, then going to Start > Apps > WiiMC. So it must tie back to Priiloader somehow.

Again, thanks for your efforts. USBLoader GX is by far, the best Homebrew application ever created for the Wii.

Further Testing (all via USB):
I installed WiiXplorer Forwarder v5.dol in Priiloader v.07.
  1. Start Wii and it boots to WiiXplorer
  2. Went to Start > Apps > WiiMC
  3. IOS unsupported message appears, press OK
  4. All functions are normal. (Config file works)
  5. Press the Home button and it reloads in to HBC
  6. From HBC, loaded WiiMC
  7. A "Saving" window pops up and Config file no longer works. (settings are back to default)
Conclusion:

This proves that Priiloader v.07 seems to be the common factor when problems occur with WiiMC.

raeter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. can you have duplicate games with usb lgx? will it show it? if i have wbfs game in partition 1 fat32, and iso game in partition 2 ntfs? testing a game since one split game is freezing, but ppl using whole iso has no issues.

so if i have 3 games, game_c has iso and wbfs :: game_id.wbfs is "game_c [game_id]" // game_id.iso is "game_c [game_id]"

usb loader gx:
game_a
game_b
game_c
game_c

both will show? and never have iso games, do i put it in ntfs partition in wbfs folder too?
please help. will help test & maybe good for multiple saves too for some. is there way to transfer gx nand save games to sd card, like in real wii or sneek?

thank you for help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We limited the view to only one game if there are duplicated and you show multiple partitions at the same time.
Only the first iteration is kept, games found later are not added to the game list.

The only duplicates the loader accept is with channels (they can be on Real Nand and Emulated Nand).
As they share the same titleID, you can hide only one, thy share the same settings too.

If your .wbfs game is not working, but the game in .iso is working, why would you like to keep and list the non working one?
just delete it and keep the full .iso. Problem solved.

If you really want to keep it, move it away from the /wbfs/ folder

About the Nand saves, if you are using the beta versions (past v2.3 r1100), then you can extract save game from Real Nand to the SD card.
Go to the settings > Features > extract all saves to Nand Path. (default path is SD:/nand/)
There's no graphical interface "like real wii".
The best you can find is SaveGame Manager GX homebrew.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
really GREAT Driver SF is working again.... :yaywii:

using GX r1148 and d2x v8 r41, so no more need to use older revs to make this game working.... :D

Thanks a lot..

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are there compiled versions of 1147 or 1148 out there somewhere? Can't seem to find them anywhere and I'm not set up with the dependencies to build my own (can't even find the download for the source code on google code... hate that site)

bigboss-62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are there compiled versions of 1147 or 1148 out there somewhere? Can't seem to find them anywhere and I'm not set up with the dependencies to build my own (can't even find the download for the source code on google code... hate that site)
There's no download package with the source code, as it would require to update and upload a new one after each revision.
The source has to be retrieved/updated by using a SVN client (Tortoise SVN for example if you are on Windows).

Then, you need to go to the "source" tab to find the information to use in your SVN client and download the source.

Then install devkitPro with PPC checked, update to last version.

Though, about the dependencies, they can be downloaded as a package on the website :
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list
the very first download is the libraries for DevkitPPC r21 (r24 seems to break few things so we went back to using an old one).

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no download package with the source code, as it would require to update and upload a new one after each revision.
The source has to be retrieved/updated by using a SVN client (Tortoise SVN for example if you are on Windows).

Then, you need to go to the "source" tab to find the information to use in your SVN client and download the source.

Then install devkitPro with PPC checked, update to last version.

Though, about the dependencies, they can be downloaded as a package on the website :
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
the very first download is the libraries for DevkitPPC r21 (r24 seems to break few things so we went back to using an old one).
How about the one in the Beta thread??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The one what?
the sourcecode of the versions in the beta thread?
That's precisely that source code that you find using the svn client.

The latest source code available on the website is the one from r1148 (the latest beta as of this post).
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/list

The compiled version available in the beta thread are made using devkitPPC r21.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it's thanks to the d2x v8 Stealth mode.
Though, Tintin is still not working, even with the new stealth mode.

not so sure if it is the d2x or usbloader gx, but for sure Driver SF is working on r1100 and up to 1107 (also 1110 mod) with older revs of d2x, but my guess is that its something with gx
btw : We Dare dont work any more and like you said TinTin (still aint working) :\ .....

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess it's thanks to the d2x v8 Stealth mode.
Though, Tintin is still not working, even with the new stealth mode.

not so sure if it is the d2x or usbloader gx, but for sure Driver SF is working on r1100 and up to 1107 (also 1110 mod) with older revs of d2x, but my guess is that its something with gx
btw : We Dare dont work any more and like you said TinTin (still aint working) :\ .....
All the 3 mentioned games try to detect if the game has been launched through a loader instead of the system menu.
And if we dare doesn't work this likely means that dimok has accidentally removed the nop required to bypass its protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg