Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It loads all of them.

About the Error #002, Maybe the setting file got corrupted? (it's strange, but let's check that).
Verify your main or game settings, you have a "Error 002" option. Set it to ON or ANTI.
ANTI is needed if you used GenericWiiPatcher to patch the 002 error directly in the iso.
ON should be enough.

Greennick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished following the How-to Geek tutorial on how to install a wii game loader and everything worked great! One of the games I backed up was Disney All Star Party. When my children went to play it this morning, the game gets to the warning screen about the safety strap and when they press a button to move on the screen goes black and freezes the Wii. I went to the game loader and tried running from there, and the same exact thing happens. Is there some kind of protection on the Disney game that causes this because now it seems like I cannot play the backup or the original. Two other games that I backed up work fine?!
I am running USB Loader GX v2.0, cIOS 249 rev 20, my WII is running 4.3U and I have formatted my USB hard drive to WBFS.
I would appreciate any help in resolving this greatly as something has definitely blocked this game from running on our Wii. I also previously followed the How-to Geek tutorial on the anti bricking and protecting your Wii so I have priiloader installed and updates turned off if this matters.
Thanks,
Nick

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that usb loader gx doesn't see my hdd as fast using NTFS, it displays my games the same but doesn't give me the space left nor am i able to start a game,until it loads the space left , WBFS and Fat32, both took only a few sec, Now my second partition is NTFS and it takes around 10 sec to load my hdd ,, i reset all my files but no change,, if i go back to the another drive that is Fat32 or still WBFS but same model drive. it acts normal,,

update ,, If i turn off "Show free space" under GUI setttings, the speed returns to normal,, loads my games in just a sec or two,, kinda weird

JC-Lives

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, this may seem like a stupid question, but how do you select specific IOS in the Game IOS: section of the Game Load screen? Every tutorial says to "pick the correct IOS" as if there should be a drop down menu, but there is only a keyboard. Do you just put in the number of the slot? I have dx2 v7 in 249(56), trying to get Driver: San Fransico working off my HD. Putting 249 in there hasn't fixed it so I may have scrwed up elsewhere.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this may seem like a stupid question, but how do you select specific IOS in the Game IOS: section of the Game Load screen? Every tutorial says to "pick the correct IOS" as if there should be a drop down menu, but there is only a keyboard. Do you just put in the number of the slot? I have dx2 v7 in 249(56), trying to get Driver: San Fransico working off my HD. Putting 249 in there hasn't fixed it so I may have scrwed up elsewhere.

You type the number. IIRC Driver SF had problems with dx2 v7, you need to install the latest v8 beta.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nope, DSF and Tintin have problem when they are not launched through the disc channel regardless of the cios.
They work perfectly with any d2x as long as you launch them via disc channel.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nope, DSF and Tintin have problem when they are not launched through the disc channel regardless of the cios.
They work perfectly with any d2x as long as you launch them via disc channel.

someone reported that DSF started working with latest usbloadergx and d2x, I haven't tested it myself.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just finished following the How-to Geek tutorial on how to install a wii game loader and everything worked great! One of the games I backed up was Disney All Star Party. When my children went to play it this morning, the game gets to the warning screen about the safety strap and when they press a button to move on the screen goes black and freezes the Wii. I went to the game loader and tried running from there, and the same exact thing happens. Is there some kind of protection on the Disney game that causes this because now it seems like I cannot play the backup or the original. Two other games that I backed up work fine?!
I am running USB Loader GX v2.0, cIOS 249 rev 20, my WII is running 4.3U and I have formatted my USB hard drive to WBFS.
I would appreciate any help in resolving this greatly as something has definitely blocked this game from running on our Wii. I also previously followed the How-to Geek tutorial on the anti bricking and protecting your Wii so I have priiloader installed and updates turned off if this matters.
Thanks,
Nick

YOU ARE SEVERELY OUT OF DATE !
Why did you go to How to Geek?

Use modmii by XFlak to get things sorted.

Note: Again a Metroid PT 3 problem.
1149 - ver249, d2x rev41.Partial NAND emu.

This problem consists of Metroid Prime 3 from the Trilogy .
Game crashed back to System menu when trying to leave GFS Olympus right after defeating beserker. Enter your ship and press the blinking button.
Changing specific game IOS upon loading the game to 250 crashes the game immidiatly upon loading.
Leaving it on 249 it crashes after the small planet surface map select.

Are all offsets for this game right?
it's working fine without emu nand in GX.
It working fine with latest Wiiflow beta using emunand saves.

STRTOUL suggested it must be a cios issue but I'm not sure as it is working with Wiiflow fine....

Can somebody else confirm?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you provide your save file?

I don't want to play the game up to that part again.

And, I already told you, don't give your slot number, give your cIOS version and base instead.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can you provide your save file?

I don't want to play the game up to that part again.

And, I already told you, don't give your slot number, give your cIOS version and base instead.

I can provide you with a save game but what do I have to do to get it from my NAND dump?
I always use the recommended base IOS. for slot 249 it's 56 for 250 its 57.
In the past there was a a small isseu concerning IOS reloading before the game started. If the global IOS was set on 249 the game had to use 250 in order to work.( or vice versa )
It was fixed by STRTOUL though....

@ Cyan: Here's my save file:

http://dl.dropbox.co...90/52334d50.zip

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought I will have a problem with your save because I don't have your Mii, but it only asked for a replacement.

So, I did the test with partial Nand emu, Gx r1148.
I didn't go to the boss, I tried only going into the ship and press the blinking icon.
The game immediately crashed like it rebooted the console (my TV detected a signal off/on), but the display stayed on a black screen. It didn't went back to system menu.

I have only a d2x base56 installed (I tried on r41).

I don't have Wiiflow setup on my SD, I should install the mod from Fix94.

Edit:
I see in the beta thread that Zelda SS doesn't have the freezing problem with Wiiflow either.
I don't know what might be different, except the devkitPPC version used (we went back to r21 because newer made GX unstable).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought I will have a problem with your save because I don't have your Mii, but it only asked for a replacement.

So, I did the test with partial Nand emu, Gx r1148.
I didn't go to the boss, I tried only going into the ship and press the blinking icon.
The game immediately crashed like it rebooted the console (my TV detected a signal off/on), but the display stayed on a black screen. It didn't went back to system menu.

I have only a d2x base56 installed (I tried on r41).

I don't have Wiiflow setup on my SD, I should install the mod from Fix94.

Edit:
I see in the beta thread that Zelda SS doesn't have the freezing problem with Wiiflow either.
I don't know what might be different, except the devkitPPC version used (we went back to r21 because newer made GX unstable).

Yup, that's the crash.
If you change the IOS to a different slot than the global set one, before hand, you'll get as far as the landing sequence. After that is also crashes...

Glad you could test it to confirm this isseu, Having a hard time to explain on the googlecode page...
Thank you, and hopefully there will be a solution in the following gX beta.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't do much myself, Dimok is the one doing the coding part, I can only make very slight changes and beta test.
He said that the loader is not doing a lot about the nand emulation, it's only giving the path to emulate to the cIOS (and I guess activate something to tell the cIOS to use emulation mode).

Maybe I can try a debug version of the cIOS to see what's happening which make the game crash.
But I didn't see anything wrong with Zelda SS when I did that, it just stopped loading another room.

Or maybe I can try to compile GX with the latest devkitPPC.

Zdog628

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through a ton over the last few months and am "new" to here. Thsi is my first post!
Thanks for everything done , I am truly amazed at how far things have come since first putting Linux on Xbox's a while back.
I saw a post somewehere about the screen alignment not right (i.e. can't see "Press A to continue" and the screen that says to make sure the wrist strap is attached, and then the game) when the wbfs game loads from Usb drive.
I can't see the bottom part of the screen and the Wii finger does stop at the bottom of the visible portion.
I can't search the forum for Press A b/c it's yelling at me about bad search tokens.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember any report like that.
You should try another USBloader to see if it fix your problem.
Maybe verify that you are using a correct cIOS.
Try another HDD?

You will have to try different things to narrow your problem by trying to reproduce it on different device or homebrew.

NimrodD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! My USB-Loader GX seems to be working pretty fine, finds my USB when Wiiflow fails with it. However, most games, (No more Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3 Rayman Origins) have really long loadingtimes. Is this something everyone has, or could I potentially fix it?

Zdog628

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through a ton over the last few months and am "new" to here. Thsi is my first post!
Thanks for everything done , I am truly amazed at how far things have come since first putting Linux on Xbox's a while back.
I saw a post somewehere about the screen alignment not right (i.e. can't see "Press A to continue" and the screen that says to make sure the wrist strap is attached, and then the game) when the wbfs game loads from Usb drive.
I can't see the bottom part of the screen and the Wii finger does stop at the bottom of the visible portion.
I can't search the forum for Press A b/c it's yelling at me about bad search tokens.
Thanks for the fast response Cyan.
It was the game file that was bad. Other games worked fine so I re-backed up the game that was acting badly and it is fine now.
Thanks for a great project.
Zdog

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b