GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the tests :)
I'm glad you found a working dump.

I hope this dump could work in other emulator (*neek, etc.), but d2x use a different read/write method for certain path, so I think it "can" be compatible as long as it doesn't try to read an incompatible path/file.

that's why my extracted Bootmii dump is working in both Sneek and GX, I may not have incompatible files.
I don't have a lot of channel installed.

PS:
This dump made with USBloaderGX should be compatible with Triiforce/Mighty+d2x (but not Triiforce/Mighty + rev17).

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great to see that USBL GX is still actively being developed (improved). I've been using it forever and it just keeps getting better. I want to start using emu nand for ww and possibly vc games but I haven't found any instructions on how to do it. I know I need the latest GX and d2x and can then create the emu nand from within GX. But how do I then install ww games to the emu nand? I normally install a wad via MMM but wouldn't that put it in real nand? I don't have enough open blocks to install all of them to nand and then do my dump. Sorry to interrupt the ongoing troubleshooting but this did seem like the right place to post my questions.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great to see that USBL GX is still actively being developed (improved). I've been using it forever and it just keeps getting better. I want to start using emu nand for ww and possibly vc games but I haven't found any instructions on how to do it. I know I need the latest GX and d2x and can then create the emu nand from within GX. But how do I then install ww games to the emu nand? I normally install a wad via MMM but wouldn't that put it in real nand? I don't have enough open blocks to install all of them to nand and then do my dump. Sorry to interrupt the ongoing troubleshooting but this did seem like the right place to post my questions.

You can use showmiiwads.

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding latest development versions:
- is there a way to hide games/channels?
- what does Lock game (on/off) in game settings do?
- is there a way to display the name of the game/channel from gametdb or titles files (eg. Tales of Monkey Island episodes to show with full name and to sort one after the other)
- regarding partial nand emulation, the loader seems to know if there is a save for that game in nand - is it possible to auto disable partial nand emulation for the games that have no save already in emulated nand, because else no game can start, but shows a black screen
Thank you

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a couple of questions regarding latest development versions:
- is there a way to hide games/channels?
If you mean, hide all the group, yes, click on the "Wii cover/Channel" icon at the top and select the one you want to see.

- what does Lock game (on/off) in game settings do?
It's used with the Parental control. When the lock is enabled, the "lock game" is not displayed anymore. It's only a complementary option for the "normal" Parental control level. Check the setting, you can choose the maximum level you want to display (3+, 7+, 18+ etc.). Note that "everyone" mean "games acceptable for all audience" which is then the minimum level (only kid games are shown).

- is there a way to display the name of the game/channel from gametdb or titles files (eg. Tales of Monkey Island episodes to show with full name and to sort one after the other)
Sure, you need to download Wiitdb.xml file and enable it:
1. settings > page 3 > update > Wiitdb.xml
2. settings > Page 1 > Gui > Use WiiTdb : enabled

- regarding partial nand emulation, the loader seems to know if there is a save for that game in nand - is it possible to auto disable partial nand emulation for the games that have no save already in emulated nand, because else no game can start, but shows a black screen
humm, Partial "for the first time" should work fine.
Someone else reported that issue too.
I'll try it more.

How did you create your Emulated Nand dump?
If you use sneek/neek2o/other, it might be the problem.

cIOS d2x doesn't use the same read/write method than other Nand emulators.
You should use USBloaderGX dumper (in the settings>features menu)

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you.
What I meant was to hide individual games/channel - so I think I should use lock game and 18+, so that I can see all games except the ones I don't want to see :)
Regarding wiitdb.xml, I have it in loaders folder, I can see information when I press 2 on a iso game, but I can not see info about wiiware games (the info is in xml file, I checked).

Sorry, I just saw the second part of the response: nand was dumped with bootme and extracted with nandextract - it's true that I also tried neek2o with it, so I'll try to dump a new one with USBloaderGX and post back the results.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have a lot of possibility to hide a game:

1. You can filter by "favorites" (give a star ranking to the game before launching it), then activate the Favorite option with the first menu icon at the top to display only favorites. Other games won't be displayed at all.
Then you can sort the game lists by rank+alphabetical order, instead of alphabetical only.

2. You can also filter by game genre (you import genres defined in Wiitdb.xml), and even add user defined genre.
Then filter according to the genre you want to see only.
Go into the desk icon menu to activate the filters by removing "all" checkboxes and enabling the genre you want.
Go to the each game's settings to define which genres they match.

3. You can select the titles origin (Wii game, Channel from Real nand, channel from emulated nand)

Only when the loader is locked:
4. You can filter according to parental control, game rating by official companies.

5. You can hide individual games while in locked state.

note that you don't need to set a password to enable the locked state. so it can be used as a simple button-click filter solution.

All these possibilities you can mixed together :)

Aout your Wiitdb.xml file, maybe you could try to download it again?
It should show the Channel's info too. (I didn't try the synopsis page in the info window).

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

You can use showmiiwads.
Still not clear on how that installs it to the emu nand. Can you give me some details?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

You can use showmiiwads.
Still not clear on how that installs it to the emu nand. Can you give me some details?
Take a look at the options and choose showmiinand and give the path where your nand is saved.
Then right click to add wads to you nand and click "install" at the bottom of the gui.

OR drag and drop your wads into the window and press install accordingly.
It's very simple to do really. Did you try it allready?

pdanpdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
After yesterday test, I got this:
1. For the partial emu problem with first time play: it seems to be related to the existence of the save in real nand if it is not present in the emu nand (If there is a save in real nand OR in emu nand everything is OK, and it doesn't matter if the nand was dumped with bootmii or usb loader gx dump)
2. About wiitdb.xml and wiiware - It shows fine in the info window (it was my fault), but the names shown in games list are strange - what field from the xml file does it use to display? For Tales of Monkey Island episodes PAL, the names are like "Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God", but in the list I only get "Rise of the Pirate God". Does it trim the part before the ":"?

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 3tb WD green drive formatted in NTFS (GPT Partition Table) in only one partition. I load games from USB Loader GX but i have problem. Some games dont load and crash my Wii. I need help. Other question: How i format a 3tb hdd to use wbfs with more 500 games? Thanks in advance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info.

After yesterday test, I got this:
1. For the partial emu problem with first time play: it seems to be related to the existence of the save in real nand if it is not present in the emu nand (If there is a save in real nand OR in emu nand everything is OK, and it doesn't matter if the nand was dumped with bootmii or usb loader gx dump)
2. About wiitdb.xml and wiiware - It shows fine in the info window (it was my fault), but the names shown in games list are strange - what field from the xml file does it use to display? For Tales of Monkey Island episodes PAL, the names are like "Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God", but in the list I only get "Rise of the Pirate God". Does it trim the part before the ":"?
1. It shouldn't read the real Nand if it's set to Partial or Full emu, so I don't see why it's related.
I'll have to try.
2. I don't know how wiitdb is parsed. It's Dimok and Lustar's work. I never checked the file's content.

I have a 3tb WD green drive formatted in NTFS (GPT Partition Table) in only one partition. I load games from USB Loader GX but i have problem. Some games dont load and crash my Wii. I need help. Other question: How i format a 3tb hdd to use wbfs with more 500 games? Thanks in advance.
Why use WBFS partition when you can use NTFS and no game limit?
To format it, check WBFS tools (wit/wwt, or WiiBackupManager) there's certainly an option to set the sector size.
But if your drive is a 4kb physical sector size, then you can naturally store up to 4000 games on a WBFS partition without changing anything.

500 or 4000 is based on the physical sector's size.

There's a way to double themax number of games on 500b/sector HDD by using two sectors for the WBFS's TOC.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks Cyan,
I have 2 HDD´s. One with 2 TBB that is formated in NTFS MBR Table and i dont have problems. When i copy the games from this HDD to the new WD Green 3TBB with GPT table with NTFS and USB Loader gx same games when i load dump my Wii. I think the problem is GPT Table ? ??

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
GPT should work fine.
But as some partition managers don't update the GPT correctly, I think latest versions of the loader don't trust that info and check each partition's informations individually.

slaydesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the correct Game Load settings for WiiMC in Loader Mode for GX? I am getting a black screen when launching this title. I do not use emuNAND. In Loader Mode settings I have Wii Games & Nand Channels checked for title sources.

All game load settings are global or untouched at this point. I have attempted to allow IOS reload of IOS58, but get the same result, black screen.

I was using the Homebrew Launcher in GX for a long time, but recently it has begun corrupting the 'settings.xml' file when launching WiiMC.

Update:
After further testing, I have norrowed down the possible reason for corrupting the WiiMC settings. This only happens when USB Loader Loader GX is loaded at Wii bootup using Priiloader. If GX is started from HBC or the channel forwarder from the Wii Menu, this does not happen.

So, only when GX replaces the Wii Menu (Priiloader) and boots up, then start WiiMC using the Homebrew Launcher, I get 'Error' "The current IOS is unsupported. Funcionality and/or stability may be adversely affected." So it appears its an IOS reload issue. That's why I figured I would try the Loader Mode settings in GX to load the channel from GX. I get black screens no matter how GX is initially loaded.

Conclusion:
What I would like is for GX to load at startup (Priiloader) , and be able to load WiiMC from GX, by either Homebrew Launcher or Loader Mode. At this time, both do not work for WiiMC.

So if anyone has a tip they can share I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone know the correct Game Load settings for WiiMC in Loader Mode for GX? I am getting a black screen when launching this title. I do not use emuNAND. In Loader Mode settings I have Wii Games & Nand Channels checked for title sources.

All game load settings are global or untouched at this point. I have attempted to allow IOS reload of IOS58, but get the same result, black screen.

I was using the Homebrew Launcher in GX for a long time, but recently it has begun corrupting the 'settings.xml' file when launching WiiMC.

Update:
After further testing, I have norrowed down the possible reason for corrupting the WiiMC settings. This only happens when USB Loader Loader GX is loaded at Wii bootup using Priiloader. If GX is started from HBC or the channel forwarder from the Wii Menu, this does not happen.

So, only when GX replaces the Wii Menu (Priiloader) and boots up, then start WiiMC using the Homebrew Launcher, I get 'Error' "The current IOS is unsupported. Funcionality and/or stability may be adversely affected." So it appears its an IOS reload issue. That's why I figured I would try the Loader Mode settings in GX to load the channel from GX. I get black screens no matter how GX is initially loaded.

Conclusion:
What I would like is for GX to load at startup (Priiloader) , and be able to load WiiMC from GX, by either Homebrew Launcher or Loader Mode. At this time, both do not work for WiiMC.

So if anyone has a tip they can share I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Have you tried cios d2x v 8 beta ?
I think this is a WiiMC known problem.
I think that loading WiiMC from priiloader does'nt work either...
It requires ios 58 for startup.

slaydesigns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have not tried d2x-v8 yet. I was thinking that even if Priiloader was out of the equation, the Reload IOS option in GX should allow IOS58 to load just before WiiMC, when in Channel Mode. Everytime I try to change the option to IOS58, it says its not found and changes to 200. I am sure 58 is installed.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have not tried d2x-v8 yet. I was thinking that even if Priiloader was out of the equation, the Reload IOS option in GX should allow IOS58 to load just before WiiMC, when in Channel Mode. Everytime I try to change the option to IOS58, it says its not found and changes to 200. I am sure 58 is installed.

I think you do not understand how IOS reloading works.
You could try to use ios 202 for WiiMC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work