• Likes 48

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get Metroid Prime Trilogy working with 2.0?

PS: I got it working but only see an option to select 1 dol at a time - is there a way to have the select a dol screen pop up like I used to have in 938?

Also, does COD3 or Sam & Max work with 2.0?

Thanks again guys....

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I was looking around but cant find the answer. How can I rename my disc art folder so that v2.0 can see my disc art?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your great work.

You can set the path in the settings. You don't need to rename it, you just need to tell gx 2.0 where it is.

doncaruana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Does anyone know how to get Metroid Prime Trilogy working with 2.0?

PS: I got it working but only see an option to select 1 dol at a time - is there a way to have the select a dol screen pop up like I used to have in 938?

Also, does COD3 or Sam & Max work with 2.0?

Thanks again guys....

If COD3 = Black Ops, then yes, but you have to run it with the right cios. I use waninkoko's rev 21 with base 57 and it works fine. Not sure which sam & max you are talking about though.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all of you having problems with your disc art, you can either change the custom paths back to /config/images/___ or you can cut/paste the "images" folder into /apps/usbloader_gx which I believe is now the default for all files created by GX

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I installed v2.0 and its working great. Thanks goes out to everyone who worked so hard to get the official release done. One question, with the parental lock on I can still access the global settings screen and make changes. Did I miss a setting somewhere that would lock this out as well?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
I don't got my Wii for now, so any breaking changes with v2?

looool dimok and the beta testers only spent months on code google and IRC working on this version
wink.gif

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Pyrate02
Also Same & Max season 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent and a few other games don't work because of ios reloading.
AFAIK only way to play them from usb hd is UNEEK+DI

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope we could add the altdol+ support soon.

It will be used for :
- Showing a prompt menu when booting a multi-dol game with all the dols listed
- Renaming the dol with user friendly names (mp2.dol -> "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes")
- Passing arguments to the dol (It will allow Sam & Max 1 and 2 chapter selection). (Maybe, if someone know the argument, Metroid difficulty selection too)

It can't be used for IOS reloading games with multiple dols, or IOS reloading in game (CSI, Splinter cell, etc.)

The first post has been updated with the v2.0 links, and new changelog since last stable release.
There are maybe few missing feature I forgot
tongue.gif

Also, I know the banner is still saying v1.0, and videos are old, it will be replace eventually.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for keeping up the good work. As USB Loader GX and WiiFlow are the two loaders I prefer, it always feels good to see new releases of those.
All seems to work fine thus far!

plasmata

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
plasmata said:
I installed v2.0 and its working great. Thanks goes out to everyone who worked so hard to get the official release done. One question, with the parental lock on I can still access the global settings screen and make changes. Did I miss a setting somewhere that would lock this out as well?
Oops, you WOULD need to have access to the Global Settings screen to get to the parental lock screen. Its the Loader Settings screen that is not locked with the parental lock on. There are a lot of global settings there that the little ones could mess with. Is there a setting to lock this out or does the parental lock need to be fixed?

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader 2.0 reporting suddenly "black screen" upon launching a lot of games that worked well before, like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and Fragile Dream. Weird.

Updated to USB Loader 2.0 from latest rev via the application on the wii, using the old forwarder. Should not be a problem, should it?

Machine: 4.3E with cios 249 rev 17

Anybody thoughts on this?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was following GX for a while before, but never got into consistently using it. I had requested a better way to launch installed channels, and I know there was some functionality to do so, but I'm not sure if it was ever fully implemented. I'm hoping to play around with GX 2.0 tonight, but I was just curious if launching installed channels was still from a list as before. I was really hoping that it would either be integrated into the Games list, or have it's only list with some eye candy like the games list.

Thanks for all the awesome work!!!!

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
siliconmessiah said:
USB Loader 2.0 reporting suddenly "black screen" upon launching a lot of games that worked well before, like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and Fragile Dream. Weird.

Updated to USB Loader 2.0 from latest rev via the application on the wii, using the old forwarder. Should not be a problem, should it?

Machine: 4.3E with cios 249 rev 17

Anybody thoughts on this?

Dowload the whole thing via filetrip.
Delete all the config files of GX from ur SD
Install cIOS rev21
Install the new forwarder (from the kit)

Report.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won´t be home for a couple of days now, so the report will probably take time.

Although I´m most certain that it will work if I made a full re-install, it´s more often the best way to go and actually how I usually do. Just wanted to address the problem that I got from updating it via the interface.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...