• Likes 48

requiem_mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou for your responses

@Cyan
Yes everything is working quite happily on FAT32. I indicated I would do the conversion using Win 7 (I know the disc can already be used by Win 7)
Apologies for the use of 'Ext', I used it incorrectly as a contraction of 'External' as applied to my USB HDD I was not trying to indicate the type of 'Extended File System'

I'm considering converting the HDD to NTFS because of it's more efficient storage fault tolerance and recovery prospects. But the discussion of relative merits is probably best placed in another thread. I was just trying to ascertain if USBLoaderGX 2 will dump 'new games' to NTFS now as in the past it had issues and this was not recommended.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, sorry
tongue.gif

Then yes you can convert to NTFS as it's fine for dumping games now.

alexgf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
alexgf said:
I have USB GX 2.0 worknig great on my fat32/wbfs drive now I'm trying to get it to work on a ntfs drive with everything being the same same config and all. I have the games in a folder. USB will start up fine but it doesn't see any of the games! I have IOS58 installed and I named the folder WBFS, is there a setting I need to put into GXGlobal? How do I get it to see my games?

Thanks!

global options > then click either the first or second (don't remember which) button and select the partition you want to use.

roysolid said:
QUOTEYou need IOS 58 to run the channels.
install ISO58 by launching this homebrew : IOS58 installer

it worked thank you very much why didn't USB GX team say you have to install it ?

you should reinstall your HBC so that it runs on IOS58 as well
tongue.gif

Thanks Shano56 for the reply

I thought I had it set to ntfs but I'll have to hookup the drive and check. and while I'm at it I'll reinstall HBC and see what happens.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In gamelist.h

this fixes alot of warnings & prefix operator was wrong.

int operator++() { return (selectedGame = (selectedGame+1) % FilteredList.size()); }
int operator--() { return (selectedGame = (selectedGame-1+FilteredList.size()) % FilteredList.size()); }
int operator++(int i) { int previous = selectedGame; operator++(); return previous; }
int operator--(int i) { int previous = selectedGame; operator--(); return previous; }

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What changed in v2 with the themes and custom background music paths? I noticed all default install paths are now:

:/apps/usbloader_gx/

I had my themes and custom background music located at :SD/config/

I moved these two options to the usbloader_gx folder and they're not working. I changed the custom path from the settings to match my themes location. Neither my themes or custom background music are working now. Any ideas? BTW, I did delete all my old config files before installing the newer version. Thanks!

spengh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
What changed in v2 with the themes and custom background music paths? I noticed all default install paths are now:

I moved these two options to the usbloader_gx folder and they're not working. I changed the custom path from the settings to match my themes location. Neither my themes or custom background music are working now. Any ideas? BTW, I did delete all my old config files before installing the newer version. Thanks!

I don't know about the music, but they changed the format of the themes, so your themes wont work anymore... unless you manually convert them to the new format.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spengh said:
tonybologna said:

I don't know about the music, but they changed the format of the themes, so your themes wont work anymore... unless you manually convert them to the new format.
yeah, most of the themes on that WiiSpiffy360(sp?) site have been run through a script by a helpful person over there so that they should comply with the new format. However, as that person has stated, and as I have personally experienced, the placement of certain screen elements often have to be tweaked manually. This is as far as the visuals go, I don't use themes with BGM but am guessing it to be a similar issue...

-[]D

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading about the theme format change. I hope BGM support hasn't been removed with v2. I'll have a look into the new theme format and see where they go now. They changed both themes and background music features with v2! Hmm!
unsure.gif

Edit: How do you input the new themes on our devices? Do we place both the separate theme folder and the .them file into the usbloader_gx folder? The downloaded zipped files now have that .them file and a separate folder name for the theme itself.

Isn't the actual theme folder the old configuration or else why is it included? I'm not comfortable with the new themes format and how they're supposed to work/look in the download. Thanks!

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
lejong2002 said:
Thanks GX team for great GX v2.

I have a request.
Downloading covers from web is uncomfortable for some people.
So, I just wanna see the game images from game inside.

Savegame manager GX can show us the images from game.
We don't need to download the cover images for savegame manager GX.

Could you add the function in usb loader GX v2 ?
Savegame Manager GX is using the image stored in the save file (you can see the same image if you go to your official savegame manager on your wii menu).

What "game inside" images do you want to see in USBLoaderGX ?
The image of the savegame ?
The "channel animation" (known as banner) ? (it needs a banner reader, which doesn't exist, and would be really slow as it would need to extract the banner from the game iso first before playing it).
An ingame screenshot ? (there's no database for that to be downloaded/shown in the loader)

Just for you to know, if users feel inconfortable downloading covers from inside the loader, they can download a full pack of covers on Wiitdb.com (download page).

Oh I see.
I meant the image of savegame.

Could you add the function?

rolleyes.gif

Edit ; And where the image of savegame from?
I thought it shoud be in somewhere in game file.

spengh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had installed cios249 v 21 and cios250 v 21 before upgrading my cios222 to version 5.1... at that time the version for 250 displayed as 21.... I then had to reinstall cios38 v 17 so that I could upgrade my hermes version to 5.1...

After re-upgrading to ciosx v21 and hermes v5.1, All of my hermes installations (ie., 222, 223, 224) display the version number 65535.
247, 248, 249 all show v21, and 250 also shows 65535.

Is this correct? It seems weird to me...

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I remember reading about the theme format change. I hope BGM support hasn't been removed with v2. I'll have a look into the new theme format and see where they go now. They changed both themes and background music features with v2! Hmm!
unsure.gif

Edit: How do you input the new themes on our devices? Do we place both the separate theme folder and the .them file into the usbloader_gx folder? The downloaded zipped files now have that .them file and a separate folder name for the theme itself.

Isn't the actual theme folder the old configuration or else why is it included? I'm not comfortable with the new themes format and how they're supposed to work/look in the download. Thanks!

Anybody? Cyan? Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know about the background music. But I'm sure you can change it in the settings/sounds menu.
I think the BGmusic in themes are still apply if found (I didn't test that, which theme have BG music so I can test ?)

About the themes, I think it's better that way.
In the paths menu, you set the "main" theme folder.
In that main "theme folder" you place all the .them files, so that USBLoader can list all the themes in a listing window. (that windows is currently on the user path menu, but will be changed later)
Each themes have its own folder with all the data, image, font, music. These folders are sub-folders of the main theme folder.

Benefit :
You can now list all the themes by reading the .them filename, instead of browsing and changing to another theme path manually.

usbloadergx_themefolder.png

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I don't know about the background music. But I'm sure you can change it in the settings/sounds menu.
I think the BGmusic in themes are still apply if found (I didn't test that, which theme have BG music so I can test ?)

I don't see an option from the settings to change the custom background music path. I previously had a custom background music folder inside the config folder on sd card. That won't work now since the default paths have changed to the usbloader_gx folder. I placed that folder in the usbloader_gx folder and it doesn't recognize my custom music. I also placed a .MP3 file directly in the usbloader_gx folder.

I did figure out the new themes format though. Your picture was a big help. Any ideas though about what's going on with custom background music? Support hasn't been removed, right?
wink.gif

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you can still change it, when your in the sound menu in the options area, if you click on the first option on the list (says Default), it will let you change the bg music from Default, to any file on your HD

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I told you in the sound menu, which is located on the first settings page.
It is set to "default" music. just click that line and it will allow you to load any supported audio file.
To go back to default background music, just click on the last option in the sound menu.

About the themes, I just checked it out, and here are all the audio files which can be replaced (loaded if found) :
button_click.wav
button_click2.wav
button_over.wav
bg_music.ogg
credits_music.ogg
menuin.ogg
menuout.ogg
success.ogg[/p]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users