-[]D

heggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiirdo said:
I've been using USB Loader GX for many months without any problems. I have it as a channel and I load it from there.
I didn't even know there was an update until I got the message today when I loaded USB Loader GX.
So I chose to update (although I was thinking "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"), it downloaded the file (a .wad of around 6MB) and then installed it.
After that it said that it will restart. Well it didn't. I got to watch my black TV screen.
I had to reset my Wii and now unfortunately I cannot load USB loader, although the channel still exists.

I then tried something else. I downloaded the 2.0 .wad put it in a SD card and used my WAD manager to install it. However I got an error message (-2109 -1209 or something like that).
What can I do now? Is there any way I can just return to my old version?
I think I got most of the current IOS, because I can play games from my HDD which I've seen people struggle with.
What options do I have now?

I had the same problem installing the forwarder. Tried using the r25 YAWMM, ánd removed gamecube controllers and memory cards and other usb connected peripherals and then it worked. Unfortunately version 2.0 only gives me black screens (yes: installed IOS58). Will have to investigate a little further on that. Am back on v1 r838 for now (which worked perfectly fine for me, but I like the new features of v2).

Wiirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
Wiirdo said:
I've been using USB Loader GX for many months without any problems. I have it as a channel and I load it from there.
I didn't even know there was an update until I got the message today when I loaded USB Loader GX.
So I chose to update (although I was thinking "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"), it downloaded the file (a .wad of around 6MB) and then installed it.
After that it said that it will restart. Well it didn't. I got to watch my black TV screen.
I had to reset my Wii and now unfortunately I cannot load USB loader, although the channel still exists.

I then tried something else. I downloaded the 2.0 .wad put it in a SD card and used my WAD manager to install it. However I got an error message (-2109 -1209 or something like that).
What can I do now? Is there any way I can just return to my old version?
I think I got most of the current IOS, because I can play games from my HDD which I've seen people struggle with.
What options do I have now?

The new channel and forwarder use IOS58, make sure you have that. If you really want to go back, all you have to do is obviously download an old version, however your problem is probably solvable

I'm not so sure if I have it. Where can I check? (I was very lucky after softmodding my Wii and I never needed to do anything again, so I've forgotten all about these things)
If I install again an older version will my settings, covers etc be there?
Is there any other program for installing wads except the wad manager? Maybe there is a problem with version 1.5 I have or something?

Wiirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to go back to my rev938.
I had to use Wad Manager 1.7 though.
I tried installing the new 2.0 again this time via Wad Manager and not online update. Again it installed fine, but it never loads.
I think I'll just keep using my old version as long as I don't have any other problems.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Is there any widescreen support, i just bought a new widescreen tv today and the them looks strectched and ugly
> setting, GUI, aspect ratio : normal/widescreen

2. Wheres the pop up when i select MPT asking me what game I want to play
> when you see the spinning disc, select setting > game option > alt dol > list at gamelaunch. (or select dol, and you have a nice menu)
When you launch the game, select the file saying 1, 2 or 3 (after creating a game save with booting the game normally).

heggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davebaol said:
GX v2.0 works great.
Remove all config files GX*.cfg and try again.

I did start from scratch, removed all config, but still it would not load for me!? Glad the new forwarder also works for the good old GX v1.0 r938 though: saves me a little memory.

marcot

Trophies
XP
Country

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do i install the forwarder then the channel cuz i dl'ed the channel and tried to install with wad manager 1.3 and just got error that say ret (-1029)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only install the channel OR the forwarder.
no need to install both.

The forwarder needs the boot.dol on SD or USB. it's easier to update and test betas.
If you don't need to update that often, then the channel version is enough for you.

About the -1029, just try with backup Manager 1.7 instead of 1.5

takagen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Was on CIOS v21, and had the -1029 error myself when installing the AHBPROT Channel wad using Wad Manager 1.7. But installing the Forwarder was fine.

So what i did was:
- Installed CIOS v17.
- Tried Wad Manager 1.7 to install the AHBPROT Channel, and this time hit -1022 error.
- Using Wad Manager 1.7, this time, i attempt to Uninstall both the AHBPROT Channel & Forwarder
- So starting with none installed, installing the Channel now works.
- Lastly reinstalled CIOS v21 again

Probably Step 1 & 2 is redundant though. Just play around will do.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to give it a second chance now that it reached v. 2.0
I put the folder in the apps directory and load it through homebrew. At startup it warns me about "HDD no wbfs/fat32/ntfs partition found". But IT IS wbfs, works like charm on cfg loader : P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo