r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
r-win said:
pepxl said:
the last stable release was 1.0 around r600 and the current SVN is r916, which is a lot of "BETA's"
The current stable release is r874.

wow was it, i was going off the first post, which could do with an update

my bad should of went off

http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...loads/revisions
Ah...right...you are indeed right
smile.gif

The problem is that revisions (beta version) are compiled automatically. Whenever we are satiesfied with a release, we update the server, but always forget to update the site and the first post. I'll ask someone to update that. Thanks
smile.gif

piwikiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Monster Hunter Tri? Try some of the different Hermes cIOS. I think if it's something merged with IOS37, then Monter Hunter Tri should work.

Yo WiiPower:

I gave it another try, but no luck. What settings are you using?

I'm on a PAL 4.1/USBLGX 874/CIOS rev17/Hermes222-223 rev4 with Force NTSC/Japanese/IOS 222/002 fix ON.

It's the closest I've come to running the game, but after selecting a game from the MH3 menu my Wii locks up with a loud squealing tone, it makes you wanna turn it off real quick!

With similar settings it will run with ULoader 2.9.

THX

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Hope someone can help me.
I want to play the game "let's party", which uses the dance mat.
But I am starting the game it says something like
dance mat not connected to socket 1.

I have tried all the gamecub ports, nothing happens.

Can the gamecub port be used running the game through USB Loader GX?

Thanx for the answers and support!

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask a question only the usb loader gx team can anser.
1- How come the hbc can do such a great job of lunching all dol files and this loader works for most but not all.
2- How come no one has made the channel loader in this app a app in it's self. It would make other apps such as wiiflow able to do some of the great things this app can do. You would just have to use that app to lunch others.
3- There must be away of going back to the wii menu even if the usbloader gx is ran from priiloader. I just don't know where priiloader moves the wii menu ios. Dose anyone know what the wii menu location is after priiloader moves it.

Thanks for keeping this awsome loader going for so long and adding all these new a great things to this loader.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - i think this question isnt as easy as it seems. the reason every dol starts from HBC that you find, it because HBC is the stardard. it is quite possible to make a dol that this program will start but HBC will not. but since HBC was the first popular chainloader, it is now the standard.
so we are stuck with the task of creating a loader which is able to be started from HBC and also load every program HBC can start. so this means we cannot simply use the same spot in memory as HBC since then it will refuse to load our app. instead we must either not be able to load every homebrew, or we must add a secondary loader in the middle. currently, we dont have the tertiary loader, so it is just comes down to the fact that we cannot load apps that use the same memory as our app. we already have this tertiary loader written, and it is used in wiixplorer. so whenever we get around to putting that into our loader, it should be ableto load every dol that wiixplorer can.

2- why not use geckoOS or triiforce to load channels. just install one of those to your HDD as a ISO.
3 - this is another thing we have coded. we just have not implemented it. im not sure about the rest of the team, but the reasons im not adding it yet is because (1) i dont have preloader. ive made my own version which uses bootmii so i have no need for it. and (2) as soon as we add the ability to bypass preloader, people will bitch that their system menu is started without patches. and then we will have to add in a system menu patching engine to our loader. (3) and if priiloader changes, we will need to have to change to support it.

its easiest to just say no. this is a can of worms i dont feel like opening. if you want to be able to start your system menu, change the settings in preloader. if there are not the settings in priiloader to do what you want to do, ask dacotaco to give you those settings.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
1 - i think this question isnt as easy as it seems. the reason every dol starts from HBC that you find, it because HBC is the stardard. it is quite possible to make a dol that this program will start but HBC will not. but since HBC was the first popular chainloader, it is now the standard.
so we are stuck with the task of creating a loader which is able to be started from HBC and also load every program HBC can start. so this means we cannot simply use the same spot in memory as HBC since then it will refuse to load our app. instead we must either not be able to load every homebrew, or we must add a secondary loader in the middle. currently, we dont have the tertiary loader, so it is just comes down to the fact that we cannot load apps that use the same memory as our app. we already have this tertiary loader written, and it is used in wiixplorer. so whenever we get around to putting that into our loader, it should be ableto load every dol that wiixplorer can.

2- why not use geckoOS or triiforce to load channels. just install one of those to your HDD as a ISO.
3 - this is another thing we have coded. we just have not implemented it. im not sure about the rest of the team, but the reasons im not adding it yet is because (1) i dont have preloader. ive made my own version which uses bootmii so i have no need for it. and (2) as soon as we add the ability to bypass preloader, people will bitch that their system menu is started without patches. and then we will have to add in a system menu patching engine to our loader. (3) and if priiloader changes, we will need to have to change to support it.

its easiest to just say no. this is a can of worms i dont feel like opening. if you want to be able to start your system menu, change the settings in preloader. if there are not the settings in priiloader to do what you want to do, ask dacotaco to give you those settings.
Thanks for the ansers. I will play around with triiforce and see what I can do. As for loading the wii menu I understand where your coming form but could you tell me if you know where is the wii menu moved to. I like the hbc but I wish they would make one with the new id but without the delete button. Thanks again.

I tryed geckoOS and it dose not work without a gecko installed. And triiforce is not as simple as your channel loader and dose not have ir support. So I still thank some one should make your channel loader a app file it self. It is a wii system menu that works. Thanks for any help.

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys, I've been using USB Loader GX with my USB memory stick without any problems, and now I want to use it with my Western Digital external harddrive. I want to have 1 partition for Wii games (WBFS file system) and 1 partition for PS2 games (FAT32 file system).

I have formatted it into those 2 file system without any problems, and the PS2 games loads perfectly. But USB Loader GX doesn't seem to detect the harddrive at all (not sure if it detects it or not), at least I don't get a list of my games like I did with the USB memory stick (I copied them from the USB memory stick to the harddrive using the WBFS manager program). What can be wrong? Do I need to re-format my harddrive in some special way, such as formatting the WBFS partition first, or something like that?

Thanks alot, and sorry if this has been asked before, it's just kind of impossible to read through 830+ pages.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mithie said:
Hi guys, I've been using USB Loader GX with my USB memory stick without any problems, and now I want to use it with my Western Digital external harddrive. I want to have 1 partition for Wii games (WBFS file system) and 1 partition for PS2 games (FAT32 file system).

I have formatted it into those 2 file system without any problems, and the PS2 games loads perfectly. But USB Loader GX doesn't seem to detect the harddrive at all (not sure if it detects it or not), at least I don't get a list of my games like I did with the USB memory stick (I copied them from the USB memory stick to the harddrive using the WBFS manager program). What can be wrong? Do I need to re-format my harddrive in some special way, such as formatting the WBFS partition first, or something like that?

Thanks alot, and sorry if this has been asked before, it's just kind of impossible to read through 830+ pages.
Mithie, at first, does USB GX having trouble with detection the harddrive, or doesn't it detect the WBFS partition? These are different problems, because the first (trouble detecting HDD) is most of the time an incompatible harddrive. You can try installing cios222 rev4, and set cios=1 in the USB GX configfile. If the problem is the second one, then update your USB GX version. I don't think you are using the latest version (874) or the latest revision then (which is 916).

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How do I know if USB GX is having trouble detecting the harddrive, or detecting the partition?

How do I check my version and revision?

Thank you for quick reply.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mithie said:
How do I know if USB GX is having trouble detecting the harddrive, or detecting the partition?

How do I check my version and revision?

Thank you for quick reply.
If it doesn't detect your hdd, you'll get a "waiting for your slow hdd" message. If it can't find the partition, it'll tell you that it can't find a valid wbfs partition, and let's you choose one.

You can't check the version/revision unless your hdd is connected and working, I think...hm...that's not very handy...

Mithie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okies. I got the "waiting for you slow hdd" message when I tried the other port. When I use port #1 it worked fine, I got into the loader as normal, but the games I had copied from the memory stick wasn't listed, it was just blank. Guess I could try deleting the partition and try to let USB GX format it?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mithie said:
Okies. I got the "waiting for you slow hdd" message when I tried the other port. When I use port #1 it worked fine, I got into the loader as normal, but the games I had copied from the memory stick wasn't listed, it was just blank. Guess I could try deleting the partition and try to let USB GX format it?
Mithie, just make the partition FAT32 or NTFS, and use Wii Backup Manager to install games to it. Also, get the latest revision from the downloads page on google code (check my signature).

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah i forgot to remove the prompt for the 255 codelines. So that means that it works.
Thank you for testing. I'll commit it soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==