USB Loader GX

By cyrex, Apr 19, 2009 5,905,472 26,882 39

1. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Hey guys when you rip a game from the disc onto your hdd, what speeds are you getting? I saw a vid on youtube with a guy ripping madworld at 5.0mb/s but when I rip games it goes at 1.5....

2. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    triassic911 it depends on the speeds of your speed of your hdd you can't change that without buying a new drive.

3. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Sounds like a backup disk not an original. Backups can only get 1 to 2 mb maybe 3 if your lucky Originals ive had up as high as 6mb

4. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

So are we going to get the save game emu like Uloader? Only prob i found was you have to hard reset wont go back to System menu from game

5. Dantarion

Dantarion Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Orly? Last I checked source to Gecko 1.9.X releases is now being released. I own the game, running it from disk seems to be wearing down people's lazers left and right due to the DL disc, and giantpune already made a modified Gecko 1.9 that loaded Brawl+ from USB.

EDIT: Was so in a rush to post this I missed dimok's post.
    That .dol works with Brawl+ NTSC fine.

As the gameconfig.txt for Brawl+ is the same for NTSC and PAL, that pratically confirms PAL working too, unless theres some bug reading the "?" in the gameconfig.txt file.
    You guys really could just hardcode it in, as it hasn't changed since Brawl+ started using it over a year ago.

EDIT:
    Feature Request: Multiple GCT support.
    i.e. /codes/RSBE01/CODESET1.GCT, /codes/RSBE01/CODESET2.GCT

If you want to get fancy with it, maybe even a file /codes/RSBE01/names.txt with some kinda format like
    CODESET1 = "Brawl+"
    CODESET2 = "Tournament Codes"
    etc.

I guess thats only useful for Brawl+, which has too big of a codeset to toggle easily in a cheat manager [​IMG]

6. Royusmc

Royusmc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know this question has nothing to do with usb loader gx, but waninkoko has released ciosX 18 and it says he redirected the nand emulation. It anyone nows where the redirect is please post it. And it also give you 4 difrent ios to pick from for creating this cios 249, which is the best one I am starting with ios 57.

I can't even get triiforce to work with this ciosX 18 even if I don't move the nands at all.

7. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's possible to load Brawl+ via USB using the "Snapshot" method. You use a code that, upon loading the game, causes another code file to be loaded from the stage builder directory on the SD card. Codes loaded via snapshot have hundreds of thousands of lines of available code line space, so Brawl+ works just fine this way.

You can set this up easily enough through their website: http://brawlplus.net/download/

Either do it manually or use their installer application and choose option 3

8. som3r3tard

som3r3tard Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i got a new problem with usb loader. everything was working great until today. i recently loaded some new isos on my hdd and loaded the loader just fine. then i proceeded to download the covers. i got a message at the end of the download saying that 1 cover couldnt be downloaded. no biggie to me there but soon as i hit ok it went into the debug screen and then wants to reload in 5 secs. then it trys to reload and hangs up there. what can i do to get it working again?

9. rem300wm

rem300wm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello to all

Why just don't get Configurable USB loader and play Brawl+ on it ,in the last release they include the new Ocarina code and You just have to download the codes from brawlplus.net and the loader will put the codes in.
    That's the way I play Brawl+

10. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    rev 919 has brawl plus support here and it works with the full code list in 1 file, no snapshot method needed... they updated gecko in gx as well..

11. ptcruiser9roc

ptcruiser9roc Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone have a working link to the latest precompiled DOL? The links in the original post are both dead. Thanks in advance.

12. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

13. ptcruiser9roc

ptcruiser9roc Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  14. alvinblank

alvinblank Member
    Newcomer

Senegal
    Anyone having problems updating stuff from wiitdb.com ? I tried downloading wiitdb.zip and images for my games. I've 7 games in my thumbdrive. Tried r874 and r919, same issues. I've no problem accessing www.wiitdb.com on the Internet Channel though.

15. Livy

Livy Member
    Newcomer

I'm having trouble with revision 914,
    i have my sisters wii formated with ntfs. and transferred the game via wii backup manager as .iso's.

it loads up and shows the games on the hdd, but as soon as i click them, nothing happens.

happens on my wii too, and my wbfs hdd works fine. am i better using wbfs files, or reformatting to fat32?

the hdd used to be wbfs/fat32 and worked fine. but decided to go for one partition as its used for movies also.

cheers, david

16. toejam316

toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Hey guys,
    so, with cIOS Rev 18, can WBFS files be loaded from FAT32 partitions?
    Also, is there an updated version of the forwarder channel to go with the forwarder dol posted earlier?

17. Royusmc

Royusmc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't know about iso's as I used wbfs file on mine. But I had to put the wbfs on a diffent partition then the images and config folder. I hope this helps.

18. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Is there support for a custom title database? I need to add a few custom titles in but the gametitles.txt seems like it uses a different labeling system.

Is it possible to implement this in the future? I would greatly appreciate it.

If its in there how do I set it?

19. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Did you get a codedump? When I updated to rev919 I got a codedump, so I deleted the globalsettings and other settings and everything works now.

20. rumsey

rumsey Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    wbfs files working fine on mine, r18, same partition as images and config. (all one FAT part)
    Are there any plans to get loader GX working in SNEEK?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loader,