• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i use the forwarder or throught the HBC, it's the same issue.

I ll allready tried with another drive (40Go) in FAT32, with two partition. The First partition was containing the folder wbfs with the same game (same file) than the 1To drive.

all works with this drive. but if i use the 1To drive, and if i start the same game, without changing anything. The game crash with a black screen.

I can't set the default config for usbloader on the IOS 222 because the loader freeze at start up (forwarder or hbc). So i let the IOS 249 in the global conf of the loader, and change the game setup for using the 222 v4.

Posts merged

that's why i think of a limitation in the size of my FAT32 partition...

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
ls1202 said:
i use the forwarder or throught the HBC, it's the same issue.

I ll allready tried with another drive (40Go) in FAT32, with two partition. The First partition was containing the folder wbfs with the same game (same file) than the 1To drive.

all works with this drive. but if i use the 1To drive, and if i start the same game, without changing anything. The game crash with a black screen.

I can't set the default config for usbloader on the IOS 222 because the loader freeze at start up (forwarder or hbc). So i let the IOS 249 in the global conf of the loader, and change the game setup for using the 222 v4.

Posts merged

that's why i think of a limitation in the size of my FAT32 partition...
Ok set the settings to 222 again leave your hard drive off and when it starts and says waiting for your slow hard drive turn it on
if it still isnt detecting it unplug usb for a few seconds then put back in give it a go hopfully its just leaving the drive off for start up that does the trick fingers crossed

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
after changing the setting in the main menu, i still see my games, but if i start a game in 222, it s still freezing...

i restart the wii and then, i ve made like you say. I plug the drive when the apps is waiting. The drive is reconnize and then

=> Exception DSI occuried !

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you tell me which IOS need to be installed ?

currently, i ve installed :

CIOS38 rev 14
Hermes 222 v4

but perhaps i have not choose the good settings during the installation ... can you tell which options are the best ?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ls1202 said:
CIOS38 rev 14
Hermes 222 v4

but perhaps i have not choose the good settings during the installation ... can you tell which options are the best ?
Those are good, but the best method to install Hermes 222 v4 is as 38 merge 37.

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i ve just reinstall it and use this setting.. don t works better for my 1To hdd.
my 40Go hdd works with the 222 set in the global settings.
why can i see my games (with 249) but can t play with it in 222....

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the joke is that the 1To was working with a wbfs filesystem on the 2nd partition.

And now that i trie to use a better cIOS, more compatible with usb drive, i can't start any game on a fat32 filesystem on the 1st partition.

cry.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
Is the in-loader update functionality offline?
The dol on sd is rev843, but when I want to perform an update, it says there is none
No, there is a difference between revisions and releases. The update check only checks for releases. The current released version is 843.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
Is the in-loader update functionality offline?
The dol on sd is rev843, but when I want to perform an update, it says there is none

i guess they just didnt put the latest dol on the update server.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
ls1202 said:
the joke is that the 1To was working with a wbfs filesystem on the 2nd partition.

And now that i trie to use a better cIOS, more compatible with usb drive, i can't start any game on a fat32 filesystem on the 1st partition.

cry.gif
Are you useing the latest rev 850 ?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bambam95 said:
So can you run isos from usb with this, without having to format the drive as wbfs?
Yes and no. You cannot run isos, but you'll have to convert them to wbfs files. These wbfs files can just be stored on a FAT32 partition.

ls1202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cobleman said:
ls1202 said:

cry.gif
Are you useing the latest rev 850 ?

I ve tried the rev 850 and come back to the r843 (faster than the r850).

but the two versions make no difference.
My wii still freeze when i start a game which was working on the same hard drive but on a wbfs partition, and was working too on an other hard disk on a fat32 partition.

For now, and during the debug, i use my 40gb for the games i play the most, and then , when the bug will be solved, i will use only my 1Tb hdd...

No ideas... if you have one, i'll take it and will trie as fast as i can.

Zonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I think I found a bug, not sure though. I have successfully installed USB Loader GX on my external HDD (formatted as FAT32) and all games I tried so far are working =) But I can't change the titles of the games. I can edit them (clicking the text above the spinning cd) but when I press ok it's not saved. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zonic said:
Hi,

I think I found a bug, not sure though. I have successfully installed USB Loader GX on my external HDD (formatted as FAT32) and all games I tried so far are working =) But I can't change the titles of the games. I can edit them (clicking the text above the spinning cd) but when I press ok it's not saved. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Known issue:
* FAT rename and re-id broken again due to subdirectory support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...